A new Goose,.. and a new Gun?

Theocrates

Re: A new Goose,.. and a new Gun?

Post by Theocrates »

I want a Browning Auto 5 Sweet 16, 4 shot mag 16ga and lighter in weight then the 12ga pump. Note thats the Auto 5 not the A5 they make now which has a totally different internal mechanism.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I am all for a new shotgun with the geese, and in the matter, do the new gees are introduced tomorrow or they are still on work?

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

thought semi auto had to be 3 shot only ?
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

ronMctube wrote:thought semi auto had to be 3 shot only ?
I think that's just something the developers imposed for balance purposes. I believe in real life semi-auto shotguns are limited to 5 rounds.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

no i think thats a real thing david.for hunting.especially for birds.i think if its not for birds you can have more rounds.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i think it depends on where you are . most usa places and bird hunting with semi autos is 3 shot only. you can import shotguns from different places.though.i think this is why the 3 shot was done originally. 7/10 shot wouldnt be legal in many places in usa.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

ronMctube wrote:i think it depends on where you are . most usa places and bird hunting with semi autos is 3 shot only.
Except for geese I think. Gun laws are so convoluted, with some laws being federal and some varying from state to state. Outside of the US it might be completely different. I have no idea what the deal is in Europe, and in the UK you're probably only allowed to load them with bean bags ;)
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

In Germany any semi automatic rifle or shotgun is only allowed to hold 3 rounds.
But it’s super easy to e.g. modify your shotgun magazine and increase its capacity.
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Most places in the US require a hunting shotgun to be installed with a plug to reduce capacity to a maximum of 3 rounds. 1 in the chamber & 2 in the magazine.

Being caught by a game warden without the plug installed even if your gun only has 3 rounds in it is grounds for a fine.

Plugs are simple affairs typically made of plastic but a length of wood will do. I have a Winchester Model 12 with a piece of broom handle in it (it was like that when I bought it & saw no reason to change it) :lol:

Typically shotguns can hold 5 rounds of 2 3/4" ammo if no plug is installed.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”