.22 Over 20 Gauge Combo Gun

Thoke2014
Scout

.22 Over 20 Gauge Combo Gun

Post by Thoke2014 »

I just got my Savage 24D .22/20 Gauge Over Under fixed and I think it would be a great addition to the game. The Savage is a older American made gun that features beautiful engraving in a .22 over 20 Gauge setup. It would be a great gun for rabbits, turkeys, and smaller birds (ducks, geese, pheasants). I'd love to see something of this variation included (maybe .22/12 Gauge or .17/20 Gauge as well) and think it would fill a gap.

(if someone can tell me how to fix these images it'd be much appreciated)
Nathan112244
Hunter

Re: .22 Over 20 Gauge Combo Gun

Post by Nathan112244 »

Thoke2014 wrote:I just got my Savage 24D .22/20 Gauge Over Under fixed and I think it would be a great addition to the game. The Savage is a older American made gun that features beautiful engraving in a .22 over 20 Gauge setup. It would be a great gun for rabbits, turkeys, and smaller birds (ducks, geese, pheasants). I'd love to see something of this variation included (maybe .22/12 Gauge or .17/20 Gauge as well) and think it would fill a gap.

(if someone can tell me how to fix these images it'd be much appreciated)
to fix that you could either try to find a different link or upload it to http://postimages.org/ and use one of the given links
Nathan22Outdoors
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Here's mine Thoke.....Savage 24B-DL....20ga (2-3/4" - 3") over 22 Win. Mag......1960's vintage, but I'm not sure of the exact year. It's from before there were serial numbers, and I don't see the Savage circle code on it.

Personal Bests...
Thoke2014
Scout

Post by Thoke2014 »

Fletchette wrote:Here's mine Thoke.....Savage 24B-DL....20ga (2-3/4" - 3") over 22 Win. Mag......1960's vintage, but I'm not sure of the exact year. It's from before there were serial numbers, and I don't see the Savage circle code on it.

Beautiful gun Fletchette, I'd love to have on in .22 Mag, mine in chambered in .22 LR but she stills shoots sweet.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

A Drilling Rifle would be interesting. I have often thought about buying one but they are expensive & I cant imagine what I need it for other then to have :D

As I understand it such a combo is not possible in Classic.

L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Fletchette wrote:Here's mine Thoke.....Savage 24B-DL....20ga (2-3/4" - 3") over 22 Win. Mag......1960's vintage, but I'm not sure of the exact year. It's from before there were serial numbers, and I don't see the Savage circle code on it.

fletch you were a guy i respected, now i find out you wear crocs?. im sorry mate this is never gona work
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

L3M182 wrote:fletch you were a guy i respected, now i find out you wear crocs?. im sorry mate this is never gona work
:oops: ....Yeah, sometimes if it's muddy when I take the dogs out, or I'm down at the pond, or on the boat. Hose and go....Now in my defense, they're not real Crocs. They're cheap $6 Chinese knockoffs from Walmart that turn your feet black if you wear them too long.

(Correction....They are real Crocs....Lynn threw away my knockoffs and bought me real ones because of the black feet issue. :P )

This was news to me until just now !!!....I didn't even notice and she's telling me she did it last year !!!
Personal Bests...
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Fletchette wrote:
L3M182 wrote:fletch you were a guy i respected, now i find out you wear crocs?. im sorry mate this is never gona work
:oops: ....Yeah, sometimes if it's muddy when I take the dogs out, or I'm down at the pond, or on the boat. Hose and go....Now in my defense, they're not real Crocs. They're cheap $6 Chinese knockoffs from Walmart that turn your feet black if you wear them too long.

(Correction....They are real Crocs....Lynn threw away my knockoffs and bought me real ones because of the black feet issue. :P )

This was news to me until just now !!!....I didn't even notice and she's telling me she did it last year !!!
They comfy?. I’ve always wondered people who don’t have them hate them, people who do swear by them haha
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

L3M182 wrote:
Fletchette wrote:

They comfy?. I’ve always wondered people who don’t have them hate them, people who do swear by them haha
They're OK, but nothing special comfort wise....What's nice is that they're like slippers, so you just step into them and kick them off. Like I said, for me it's about knowing that I'll be doing something where my feet/shoes will get wet or muddy. Doesn't matter if they get wet, and if they get muddy you just hose them off while still wearing them. Where they shine is when on the boat fishing. Pretty good traction on the fiberglass deck, and impervious to water. Only problem is if you're not careful, you can get round sunburn spots on the top of your feet where the holes are. Been there, done that... :oops:

I think people hate them because they hate anything that gets "trendy", and that they used to be stupid expensive for what they are. Not as expensive as they used to be anymore. Competition must have driven down the price, because I think this style is under $20 now.
Last edited by Fletchette on April 16th, 2018, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Bests...
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Got to love this forum from going from Combo gun to Crocs. Well, I can agree with Fletchette in the matter of Crocs. I usually slip in my crocs when walking the dog or being in the garden. I do find them very comfortable, especially considering what they are. Here in Sweden they're a quite common sight in working places as well. The health care for instance. I might add that I've walked a mile in them in the Swedish mountains, crossing snow and rivers, fully geared up (during spring). Was thinking I should call Peter Forsberg to ask for sponsoring :lol:
(His company was the one importing Crocs in Sweden and therefore they fell well in the average Swedes mind).

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”