Another handgun for foxes etc.

lmp1986

Re: Another handgun for foxes etc.

Post by lmp1986 »

There are so many great pistol designs that we don't have and you want another version of one that's already in the game? Come on, guys, let's have something new! :)
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

lmp1986 wrote:There are so many great pistol designs that we don't have and you want another version of one that's already in the game? Come on, guys, let's have something new! :)
I'm all in! What do you have in mind?
lmp1986

Post by lmp1986 »

In 9mm? A Glock or maybe CZ if we want something fairly modern. Or maybe a Hi Power on the more classic end of the spectrum (and to appease the 1911 fans a bit... all hail John Browning :D). To be honest, there's plenty options to choose from and I don't really have a favorite in mind. TheHunter barely scrapes the surface when it comes to handguns and getting another 1911 or another revolver for that matter simply sounds a little boring to me ;).
Schrider

Post by Schrider »

Perhaps a taurus raging hornet in .22 Hornet?

MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

An option I could see would be having a double action revolver.
For example this .327 Fed. Mag. Ruger SP101. It holds six rounds and can shoot double action.
Less raw power in the cartridge could be balanced out by a higher firing rate due to the double action trigger:
Spoiler:
Another thing I could imagine would be a revolver in the .25-20 Winchester or the .256 Win. Mag.
The .25-20 is a small game and varmint round that was very popular in the late 19th century, having mostly rifles chambered for it.
The .256 Win. Mag. is a .357 Magnum case necked down to .256 cal (6,5mm), making for a fairly potent round for everything from rabbits and squirrels to foxes and coyotes.
This Smith and Wesson K-Frame (Also a double action) could take both calibers:
Spoiler:
For all you pistol lovers, I'd think about a Glock or a Sig 220 chambered for the .357 Sig round.
Being less powerful than .357 Mag, but more powerful than 9mm, this round would make for an interesting addition to the arsenal.
Especially regarding it's penetration capabilities. Not a huge fan of Glocks, but I like the Sig.
Spoiler:
Sig P220:

Glock 17 Long Slide:
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
Schrider

Post by Schrider »

Just thought of it, but if another semi-auto is in order, the FN five-seven would be a great choice, plenty of killing power for all the small game you want, plus it's a very unique looking pistol

Generalkommendant
Hunter

Nice suggestions.
I think there's 2 different alternatives to the matter.

1. A handgun with the exact same species list as the current .357 Magnum revolver.

2. A new more specific handgun with the same species list as the .17 HMR Rifle in store (but it should actually do the work on foxes and bobcats. As they have promised with the soon coming new ammo type for that rifle). That would be similar to the relationship between the .22 Grasshopper and the .22 Plinkington Rifle. A little brother to the .17 HMR Rifle in a way.
Valrag
Spotter

Post by Valrag »

MooseHunter330 wrote:An option I could see would be having a double action revolver.
For example this .327 Fed. Mag. Ruger SP101. It holds six rounds and can shoot double action.
Less raw power in the cartridge could be balanced out by a higher firing rate due to the double action trigger:
Spoiler:
Another thing I could imagine would be a revolver in the .25-20 Winchester or the .256 Win. Mag.
The .25-20 is a small game and varmint round that was very popular in the late 19th century, having mostly rifles chambered for it.
The .256 Win. Mag. is a .357 Magnum case necked down to .256 cal (6,5mm), making for a fairly potent round for everything from rabbits and squirrels to foxes and coyotes.
This Smith and Wesson K-Frame (Also a double action) could take both calibers:
Spoiler:
For all you pistol lovers, I'd think about a Glock or a Sig 220 chambered for the .357 Sig round.
Being less powerful than .357 Mag, but more powerful than 9mm, this round would make for an interesting addition to the arsenal.
Especially regarding it's penetration capabilities. Not a huge fan of Glocks, but I like the Sig.
Spoiler:
Sig P220:

Glock 17 Long Slide:
i really like the look of the Sig P220 X-Six and its an amazing Pistol and .357 Sig is a cool Caliber

How about a classic Beretta 92 in 9mm?

although i am always hoping for more 1911s. Atleast one in more in .45 ACP
Could be something more modern looking like a Sigsauer 1911 / GSR
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Generalkommendant wrote:Nice suggestions.

2. A new more specific handgun with the same species list as the .17 HMR Rifle in store (but it should actually do the work on foxes and bobcats. As they have promised with the soon coming new ammo type for that rifle). That would be similar to the relationship between the .22 Grasshopper and the .22 Plinkington Rifle. A little brother to the .17 HMR Rifle in a way.
I believe this is the better solution. Such a handgun would fill a niche that doesnt currently exist in game. The notion of another handgun to do all the same stuff as the current 357 is foolish IMO.

Generalkommendant
Hunter

SoftShoe wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:Nice suggestions.

I believe this is the better solution. Such a handgun would fill a niche that doesnt currently exist in game. The notion of another handgun to do all the same stuff as the current 357 is foolish IMO.
:arrow: Yeah, I agree. Maybe the FN Five-Seven Schrider is mentioning. The 5.7×28mm cartridge may be ideal? Of course with a wider spooking range and so on and on, to keep the available Grasshopper still attractive.
But it could be that it might be a tad too powerful for EW's taste...

Schrider wrote:Just thought of it, but if another semi-auto is in order, the FN five-seven would be a great choice, plenty of killing power for all the small game you want, plus it's a very unique looking pistol

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”