More love for Aimpoints

nachthexe
Hunter

More love for Aimpoints

Post by nachthexe »

I think the Aimpoint sights should be added to more guns. Especially the Aimpoint Micro H-1 is only usable by one weapon, why? Especially the break-action rifles would be suited for this I believe.
Code: Select all
Sherab86
Hunter

Re: More love for Aimpoints

Post by Sherab86 »

Yes, sure. :)

I'm for any idea adding more possibilities for more personalization. As long, as it is reallistic. And this is mostly about mounting parts. So theorethicaly, every scope in the game, could be mounted to most rifles with have a kind of mounting slide on them. They would require only different mounting parts in most cases, I guess.

But I also guess, that EW policy in this matter works in the way of forcing to some point a buy of new scope for different "platform's groups", so to speak. I don't know how willing they could be to broader the range of weapons we can attach aimpoint sights to them. :/ But this would be nice.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I don't have any aimpoint sights! Actually, I don't see any benefit for using them!
Does it really worth to have/use them?
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Well, I don't see the point either for the most part. But I guess they might be useful in some close quarter encounters, like in WHI for example. And they do not reduce your periferal vision in the game as much, as scopes - at least micro one (don't remember how it is with bigger one, with one already have quite nice list of rifles it can be attached to, btw.). Point is, that someone may want to use them - and this is good enough for me. ;) So I like the idea, even if it is not entirely in a way of EW financial policy - the idea alone is nice. :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I think the main problem with the Aimpoint sights is that they were officially licensed (like the Blaser rifles/shotguns) and it might not be possible to change their usability now. :?
Image Image Image
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I think the main problem with the Aimpoint sights is that they were officially licensed (like the Blaser rifles/shotguns) and it might not be possible to change their usability now. :?
The Aimpoint company taking offense that their product is used on more rifles and shown off? I dare doubt that. :)
Code: Select all
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

nachthexe wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:I think the main problem with the Aimpoint sights is that they were officially licensed (like the Blaser rifles/shotguns) and it might not be possible to change their usability now. :?
The Aimpoint company taking offense that their product is used on more rifles and shown off? I dare doubt that. :)
No, what they would take offense to is more their products being used without their consent. The Aimpoint scopes have been out for a long time now, well before this group of EW employees and a lot of the members here. The chance that the contract would have to be renewed is pretty high, and this team might not be as willing to ante up the $ for a new contract and to make new Aimpoint scopes, considering that they also don’t appear to be among the most popular. Why would they put in the time, money, and effort on these scopes when it appears they’d have the same fate? How many posts do you see in this forum that recommends the Aimpoint scopes, or asks for more of em, you get the point.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

nachthexe wrote:
I don't think it's that easy, but I'm no expert in copyright and brand name laws.
Image Image Image
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I am not opposed to them being available for more guns in game but I really dont see them as practical in the hunting field. I own a few guns with aimpoints on them but they are solely used for action shooting/plinking. For the ethical taking of game I see them as subpar. Your average aimpoint has a 4MOA circle. Once you factor in the halo around the dot its more like 6MOA making them unsuitable IMO for precise shots on game except at close range.

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I would like a red dot similar to the one for the 10MM hand gun for the new over & under rifles. 30r and 9.62x74.

Like this.
https://youtu.be/_aA6CVN5syc?t=1m22s
Spoiler:

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”