9.3x62

StevieRVaughan

9.3x62

Post by StevieRVaughan »

I honesly think that the 9.3x62 is way underpowered in the game. There are a number of bullets that are smaller than this 1 and do way more damage. Many the times when you absolutly place a heartshot with it, it comes out as a bodyshot even with no internal damage. I would like to see this big calibre do a bit more damage than what it is now.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Re: 9.3x62

Post by MooseHunter330 »

A lot of the times you aim for the heart and get a body hit, it's because you thought the heart was in the wrong place.
The 9,3x62 might be a big lunker, but the .340 Weatherby (and .300 Win Mag) just put out far more velocity and thus penetration.
The 9,3 is ideal for close shots out to 130m aiming behind the shoulder blade.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

never seemed to see it as weak, however I think they misplaced the heart. The heart should be generally behind a deer's elbow, however they placed right in line with the lower front shoulder.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I think this subject was discussed several times so far, even through my relatively short time with the game and the forum.

Point is, that if we take info from the picture of the ammo in the store (225 gr, probably 2260 fps muzzle velocity), and then we will assume that those data were indeed a basis for in-game cartridge, then it seems that in-game version of this ammo is indeed at the lowest spectrum of it's possibilities. And it probably should be worse on penetration, than let's say .300.

But... While I think our devs did quite nice job on external ballistics (however sometimes lead needed for moving targets is somewhat strange), I think that penetration capabilities of most if not all rifles are highly dumped. I suppose this is to compensate for short render distance. Within 220 meters, differences, while present, would be rather small otherwise.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Ive never used this cartridge IRL but in game it seems like a pretty good thumper. I only bought it cause it was on sale so havent used it much but it did drop Moose on the spot.
baloo.the.dog wrote: I think they misplaced the heart. The heart should be generally behind a deer's elbow, however they placed right in line with the lower front shoulder.
I have wondered the very same thing myself. Hits that I thought were a little high registered as heart shots.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”