Hunting Spear

Lem
Scout

Re: Hunting Spear

Post by Lem »

gas56 wrote:
Lem wrote:see all these emotes? no?

its becasue im not 15
I would say what I really feel about the way you think, but I think I'll drop it from the whole superior than thou attitude.
good effort gas, you almost made sense that time. lets get back on topic though shall we?.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Cmon guys spear is the primal hunting weapon..we are the spear..

Whatever that means, I had one too many last night.. 8-)
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
ballistics Hunter
Outfitter

Post by ballistics Hunter »

Usually I would be againist this idea but then I took a look at spear hunting on YouTube and I must say it looks fun. So I'm for this idea but it would be hard to implement it in game
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

I fail to see the reason to hunt anything with a spear today. The one reason comes to mind is some fools who think it is manly or some similar nonsense.
Code: Select all
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

nachthexe wrote:I fail to see the reason to hunt anything with a spear today. The one reason comes to mind is some fools who think it is manly or some similar nonsense.
Couple of reasons I could find would be because it is more difficult than with magnum caliber and a 12x scope...and challenging...and it was a real hunting weapon long long time a go..
For example, hunting wild boars with a spear from a tree stand could be a lot of fun, with competitions and everything..

BTW, it is not more foolish than chasing a dinosaur with a pump action shotgun.. ;)
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

nachthexe wrote:I fail to see the reason to hunt anything with a spear today. The one reason comes to mind is some fools who think it is manly or some similar nonsense.
Maybe it's the same way a hunter goes back to using Black Powder guns, Flintlocks in particularly, and Longbows,
he wants to be in the immersion of the hunt, and feel the same way as men or women of that day gone by.
Well with spears it may be the same thing.
But there are still countries that use spears, and just because you don't, I can't say about all the people that live there.
Doesn't make it wrong.
I would not use a spear myself but that is just me.
I don't hunt with muzzleloaders or bows anymore either.
But it doesn't bother me who does.
Have a good 1 :D
Airgun37
Spotter

Post by Airgun37 »

A spear would be a good weapon for the game, would add a new challenge.

Whitetail hunting with a spear;
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rnebufjo30
Username in The Hunter: LHAM
Rares & Fur Variations; 11
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

a guy killed a hog with a knife on YT . a spear , why not after dogs , customizable lodge , alligator , rockies , pigeon
IsaacAyotte
Spotter

Concept: hunting spear

Post by IsaacAyotte »

I had a thought recently. I'm not really a primitive weapon hunter, and I'm not even from Australia, but I got thinking about a new "Outback" weapon.
I saw a program on National Geographic where a guy was hunting rabbits in the Outback with an interesting sort of spear. Doing some research,
I found it can be used to hunt small to big game like water buffalo, but I don't think it would be an ethical weapon for big game.
It could be at least for small game, or a bushranger's run exclusive weapon.
To aim it, the hunter raises it to eye level and uses the tip of the spear to guide his throw...?
I'm not really sure how this could be implemented into the game, but
just thought I'd throw it out there ;)
A hunting spear like this:

Let a man regard us in this manner, as servants of Christ... (1Corinthians 4:1)
Spoiler:
(Romans 3:23) for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
How then can we have a relationship with God?
https://www.truthforlife.org/thestory/
Skorpiovenator

Re: Concept: hunting spear

Post by Skorpiovenator »

I like this idea. A cool and challenging way to hunt animals. Would definitely make for some good comps as well I think.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”