.50 cal Inline Muzzleloading Pistol (Black Powder)

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: .50 cal Inline Muzzleloading Pistol (Black Powder)

Post by SoftShoe »

I have NO doubt Ron is working on one at this very moment.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

gas56 wrote: And have that Old Black Powder Colt Walker .44 cal Six Shooter.
That would be fun! I bought a Walker... Dayem musta been 30yrs ago? Still have it & its actually a good shooter thought it hasnt seen any love this decade. I had to replace the front sight with a blade nearly 1/2" tall to shoot POA at 25yds. I remember reading an article probably in the mid 80's in G&A that was tilted "Whitetails with a Walker". The guy did the ballistics on it & said it was equivalent to a 357mag, took a deer or 2 with it as well. I never tried that myself with mine though I did toy with the idea a few times.

Another fun BP revolver is the 1851 Navy in 36cal. I use mine to hunt rabbits on occasion. I really dont see that particulate pistol having a place in this game but the Walker certainly could.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

one will be here in a few minutes :D
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

ronMctube wrote:one will be here in a few minutes :D
I've just watched it. :) Thx for the review, Ron. :)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

SoftShoe wrote:
gas56 wrote: And have that Old Black Powder Colt Walker .44 cal Six Shooter.
That would be fun! I bought a Walker... Dayem musta been 30yrs ago? Still have it & its actually a good shooter thought it hasnt seen any love this decade. I had to replace the front sight with a blade nearly 1/2" tall to shoot POA at 25yds. I remember reading an article probably in the mid 80's in G&A that was tilted "Whitetails with a Walker". The guy did the ballistics on it & said it was equivalent to a 357mag, took a deer or 2 with it as well. I never tried that myself with mine though I did toy with the idea a few times.

Another fun BP revolver is the 1851 Navy in 36cal. I use mine to hunt rabbits on occasion. I really dont see that particulate pistol having a place in this game but the Walker certainly could.
I like the old six shooter revolvers and have had a few over the years,... and now mainly use a Heritage .357 mag six shooter revolver for the deer gun season and have taken a few with it, but have put custom sights on it because the stock one was shooting way too low and hard to see in low light periods at close range,... I guess they were really not made to aim, just fire as fast as you could from the hip................ :lol:
Cauliflower
Tracker

Post by Cauliflower »

It's been a while. 2021 is here and still not Colt Walker. I would love to see that addition to the game.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”