Red Dot Scope

Raptor02
Outfitter

Re: Red Dot Shotgun Scope

Post by Raptor02 »

Generally o/u or sxs shotguns don't come with the capabilities to mount sights. It can be done on some guns with an adapter or with some drilling and tapping. But usually no it's not common practice. An experienced bird hunter with a good bird gun shoots more with feel and target acquisition than with sights. After shouldering a gun thousands of times you fall into a groove where you just know where it shoots and you can almost do it with your eyes closed. Sorry for the long winded answer I used to work at a sporting clay range. (Not as an instructor)
sunjalo
Tracker

Red Dot Scope

Post by sunjalo »

Hi, I have started to hunt black bears recently and normally I have chose .300 because of the red dot 3-9x40mm Scope. This scope allows me to have better aim at the bears because of their black color. I like .300 very much, it's my second most used rifle, but I would like to have this scope for my Anschutz and Blaser rifles too, especially Blaser because I think that a lot of people are waiting for Big-game R8.

Forum member Burning Bridges has proposed a great idea, but if this isn't possible, it would be nice if we could have an option to buy this scope for our Anschutz and Blaser rifles.

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=167&t=49352
LordBazooka
Hunter

Re: Scope with red dot for Anschutz and Blaser rifles

Post by LordBazooka »

Interchangeable scopes would be nice.
sunjalo
Tracker

Re: Scope with red dot for Anschutz and Blaser rifles

Post by sunjalo »

Yes, very nice idea! I don't know why, but I don't think it's gonna happen :(
Finchypoo
Tracker

Red Dot for Blaser F3.

Post by Finchypoo »

Any info on this? It's pretty obvious why it doesn't fit on the double barrel and the single shot, but the blaser appears to have rails on the top so it seems odd that the red dot sight won't fit on there.
TheSpecter
Scout

Re: Red Dot for Blaser F3.

Post by TheSpecter »

I'd say it has more to do with game balancing and marketing the various shot gun models available than with actual "technical" considerations, like branding the pump action with the scope as a shotgun for longer ranges and the rest for bird hunting and shorter ranges. Making all options available to the Blaser would pretty much render the older guns obsolete...
MonStarHunting
Tracker

Post by MonStarHunting »

It would be nice to have a red dot for blaser or semi auto if we get it. I have problems getting comfortable with ironsights and prefer scopes. even when im hunting birds the red dot works MUCH better for me. F3 is a nice weapon but when it's maxed out i don't think i'll use it much anymore
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Moved to "Thoughts & Suggestions > Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions"
leaser

Re: Red Dot Scope

Post by leaser »

It would be nice with a red dot like the aimpoint for the 20 semi shotgun when hunting birds but thats just my opinion :)
Daugr
Scout

Re: Red Dot Scope

Post by Daugr »

well, I would like more an aimpoint for the revolvers, specially for the .454.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”