Airguns!

Gazaroo
Hunter

Re: Airguns!

Post by Gazaroo »

hahaha eggenberg mate your only uk person i know with LOTS of different guns in there house. I bet you have a right Arsenal in the celler. :lol:
Would not want you after me. lol :lol:
DILLIGAF76
Spotter

Post by DILLIGAF76 »

Eggenberg wrote:.177 laser beam?
it is .177 yeah ideal for rabbits,no laser on it just a leapers 3-9x40 and rail for my lamp :)
Eggenberg
Trophy Hunter

Post by Eggenberg »

Nah mate, I mean .177's a laser beam calibre - trajectory's flat as a pancake for normal sub-FAC ranges ;)
DILLIGAF76
Spotter

Post by DILLIGAF76 »

oh it is that :D i love it
Hooligan
Tracker

Post by Hooligan »

Airgun would be nice for little animals like pheasant, gobblers and fox.... I would recommend PCP .25 cal or something like this that i have Hatsan BT 65 .25 cal. But if they do make this kind of guns to game, they should really take to inspect ballistics of it. Good mildot scope for it so you can use mills on various distances 100m would be top distance i would say. Big bores are different story.

Eggenberg
Trophy Hunter

Post by Eggenberg »

There's the new Daystate Wolverine in .303 - quite a nice looking rifle, packs a punch in terms of power (100 ft/lb - 135.6 joules energy). 5 shot magazine, and optimally filled cylinder at 250 BAR gives approx 12-15 shots at that power level. Not a lot of shots really before a refill's needed and more of a gimmick/proof of concept IMO.

If I was going for .25 I'd get a Theoben Rapid or a Daystate Air Ranger for a better shot count. The .25 Ranger gives 22 shots at 80 ft/lb - 108 joules. I know air's used for fox in the smaller calibres (there's fox been taken using sub 12 ft/lb air in the UK - not really the done thing TBH) however I'd be grossly irresponsible if I recommended small calibre air for fox. Any other small game is very much within the remit of a small calibre air rifle though :)
Danimal
Tracker

Post by Danimal »

i hunt with one of these its great for urban combat.....on varmints that is
Nothing23

Post by Nothing23 »

A break bsrrel .177 and 22 would be awesome and like doves, pigeons or squirrels would be awesome!
B0bst3r

Post by B0bst3r »

I would love to see more Air guns especially big bore air rifles in the game. I don't think bow hunters have to worried about them because there a different type of hunting a different challenge it would only compliment the bow. Not to mention that while they are a lot quieter than normal rifles they are hardly silent and could be made louder than a bow. If you want to have "balance of play" then you could always make air gun hunters carry round a tank of air to refill their guns if they want to have more than 5 shots on a big bore rifle as it is part of the experience. What I would like to see in the game would be:

The .22 cal air gun in woodland camo
A nice .22 springer would be good
A .25 gun if it could take out foxes it would be nice to have a gun that could do both rabbits and foxes
Either a .303 or .357 that's capable of taking out animals sort of roe deer and kangaroo sized even tho the .357 has been proven effective against wild bore

And deffo the addition of some more small game would be nice maby add rats around the farm yards in game might be fun
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

BIG BORE .45 AIRGUN PLEASE

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”