Hunter

Re: Airguns!

Post by j.galloway »

Would love to see some airguns...

How about my current stash? :D

Benjamin Titan .117

crosman 1322 .22

benjamin marauder .25

to really make it worth while though would have to add some small animals like squirrels, crows, starlings, house sparrows ext..
Eggenberg
Trophy Hunter

Post by Eggenberg »

Ooooh... my pet subject!

Here's my current 2 (keepers, never gonna part with either of them):

HW77k, .22, stock pyrographed by a good mate:

HW95k, .20, ash stock by Lukasz Parsley:

DarkWolf1990
Spotter

Post by DarkWolf1990 »

I too would like to see airguns.

mainly small bore with rabbits & more small game (squirrels, pigeon etc.)

big bore would be fun too :)

and i'll share a pic of my newest air rifle ;)

Sumatra 500 .22
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

No don't like the idea its worse then the people that want suppressors. You add something like this the bows become useless.
Hamsaphina
Tracker

Post by Hamsaphina »

Ever shoot an airgun before snakeyes? They aren't silent by no means. The larger rifle it is, the more it sound like a small rifle. Also, air rifles has pretty low accuracy at distance, less than 100 meters in most cases. Also they have SUPER low wounding power, you need to go for headshots and heartshots.
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

No but i watched that video and they seem pretty quite to me and i have to say that was a pretty badass airgun still say we don't need them. That's just my opinion though and if enough people want them and they add them not a big deal to me i just feel we don't need them.
DarkWolf1990
Spotter

Post by DarkWolf1990 »

snakeyes32 wrote:No don't like the idea its worse then the people that want suppressors. You add something like this the bows become useless.
what about small bore air rifles for small game which is the far more common use here in the UK
j.galloway
Hunter

Post by j.galloway »

snakeyes32 wrote:No but i watched that video and they seem pretty quite to me and i have to say that was a pretty badass airgun still say we don't need them. That's just my opinion though and if enough people want them and they add them not a big deal to me i just feel we don't need them.
don't need them? probably not, but since when did we need anything in a video game? ;)

snakeyes32 wrote:No don't like the idea its worse then the people that want suppressors. You add something like this the bows become useless.
First an airgun (.117-.22) produces something around 10-20ftlbs at muzzle, basically suitable for nothing bigger than a rabbit, or crow. You can go ahead and use a bow on crows rats and starlings if you want, but most 99% of small game hunters would use pellets or shotguns. (and where shotguns would be a problem because it would disturb the farm animals for instance, a pellet gun really only option.
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

Watch this video this ain't no rabbit or crow and he take that animal at 52 yards or 47m and don't even spook the other bull that was there watching them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o0XVa5oyMU
Hamsaphina
Tracker

Post by Hamsaphina »

Most of the time an animal will spook if you fire a shot, that Waterbuck already saw the hunters and did not spook. I find African game are more tame than other animals. Obviously in game is different than in real life, airguns are nothing like suppressed rifles, read up snakeyes!

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”