National Flip Flop Day 2023

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

National Flip Flop Day 2023

Post by AveryW88 »

Howdy Hunters!

We saw this day on a list and thought "That would be hilarious!". Of course, we also expected hue and cry if we actually made you equip the noisiest shoes known to humankind and made you hunt in them (wait until you see the mission animals!) so we're not doing that. We're using the old-style event format for this since they say a change is as good as a holiday. You can gain Slap$ by taking part in the event's mission and competitions, as well as harvesting Roe Deer and finding Antler collectables (any, non-typs count too) scattered around the EHR!

Participate for the prizes, the trophies, and the glory! The hunter with the most Slap$ at the end of June 13th will win a very generous first prize!

In order to take part in the event, you will have to click on the big banner you will find in the Launcher (or Website) home page:

CALENDAR

Event Duration: 7 days

Start: 7 June 2023 (Wednesday) - morning

End: 13 June 2023 (Tuesday) - 23.59 UTC

CAMPAIGN

So how do you collect Slap$?

There are collectables all over the EHR! Pick them up when you see them and collect Slap$!

Here's a complete list:

This is how the prize pool looks:

MISSION

This year's mission is called Flip, but don't flop.

You're tasked with hunting the jumpiest animals in the EHR without spooking them. You'll think you're wearing flip-flops when you go after these guys. Oh, and in the spirit of things, no tripods, towers, tree stands or ground blinds. Let's put your stealth to the test. Unspooked means the animal can't be scared or nervous, of you or any predators.

The mission will last through the event duration from the 7th June to the 13th June.

Completing it will earn the hunter the following rewards:

COMPETITIONS

Qualifying in a competition awards 100 Slap$ for each comp. You don't need to place, just have an entry.

Each competition comes with 7 tiers based on your Hunter Score:

RULES

What would a game be without rules?

We have one simple rule for our events: No exploitation of existing game mechanics to gain an advantage. All winners' hunts will be checked by EW staff prior to prizes being rewarded, and the decision will be final.

In case of exploits usage, EW has a right to disqualify the player from this event.

SALES

And what would an Event be without sales? We're not sure, but we do know that we'd get nasty messages if we skipped them, so we've made sure to put sales in.

Make sure to check out the Sale section to see the full list!

That's all folks, any questions, feel free to post them below.

Enjoy all!
Hornet_17
Spotter

Re: National Flip Flop Day 2023

Post by Hornet_17 »

Thanks for this new event, a very funny idea.
Thanks for the job done EW's Team
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Always a good day when an event drops. Thanks Team EW.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Funny competition trophies :D Send our greetings to the artist(s)! :)

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Passed along :mrgreen: You've made him very happy Hoo, thanks
TheWind7
Outfitter

Post by TheWind7 »

Thanks for the special event EW! We love your creativity. :D
CatznCurlz
Hunter

Post by CatznCurlz »

Is anybody else having issues with the launcher updating hunts or animals not counting for the event?
I just shot a valid fox on Val De Bois, was coming to me after I called it (walking, then trotting), I was laying on a rock, shot with the .17 HMR. He was a 23.0648. Had a box pop up for a game mission but not the event. Did an Alt+F4 to end the game. Went back to my "last hunt" in history and it said my game was ongoing so it wasn't showing in my "hunt history". I waited 15-20 minutes, it finally updated to show in my hunt history but the fox never counted.

Edit: This is the fox that didn't complete the mission - https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/catz ... /949776522
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

CatznCurlz wrote:Is anybody else having issues with the launcher updating hunts or animals not counting for the event?
I just shot a valid fox on Val De Bois, was coming to me after I called it (walking, then trotting), I was laying on a rock, shot with the .17 HMR. He was a 23.0648. Had a box pop up for a game mission but not the event. Did an Alt+F4 to end the game. Went back to my "last hunt" in history and it said my game was ongoing so it wasn't showing in my "hunt history". I waited 15-20 minutes, it finally updated to show in my hunt history but the fox never counted.
Yep, the servers are not very responsive right now. It's the weekend over there, and because of the high volume of connections for this event, I'm pretty sure they're being stretched to the limits. When that happens, successful hunts are slow to update and some hunts are cut short. If it gets too problematic they will have to reboot the servers: then everyone will lose their current connections, and some may not have their hunts recorded properly.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I have had that problem in the past, but had no issues during that mission.

Mission was fun.
Thanks to the dev team!
Spoiler:
CatznCurlz
Hunter

Post by CatznCurlz »

JimboCrow wrote:
CatznCurlz wrote:Is anybody else having issues with the launcher updating hunts or animals not counting for the event?
Yep, the servers are not very responsive right now. It's the weekend over there, and because of the high volume of connections for this event, I'm pretty sure they're being stretched to the limits. When that happens, successful hunts are slow to update and some hunts are cut short. If it gets too problematic they will have to reboot the servers: then everyone will lose their current connections, and some may not have their hunts recorded properly.

I don't ever have this issue and I play all the time and every event for that matter. I myself and 1 other person had the same issue a few days ago, a couple of our hunts were delayed. I'm not as concerned w/ the updated hunts as much as the fact the fox didn't count. I just don't know if it was related or not. I guess I'll just go try for another one.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”