Halloween Event 2022

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
tdrex

Re: Halloween Event 2022

Post by tdrex »

This event was a lot of fun this year. It provided a good challenge and was a better environment than the tall grass of TGT. For me, completion of missions came down to a final two of the 160kg Axis Deer and the Fleeing Hog. Both took a little time but were doable. Hunting all the animals this year was a lot more fun than running around collecting skulls. All I get from running a lot is a headache. In total, I killed 85 or 90 animals along the way. I have no idea how the folks high up on the leaderboard kill that many in an hour or two. Thanks for a great Halloween Event!
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Still after the 160+ Abraxis.....
tdrex

Post by tdrex »

muldo wrote:Still after the 160+ Abraxis.....
I got mine up in the rocky buttes that surround Ghost Pond
Santos2
Tracker

Post by Santos2 »

muldo wrote:Still after the 160+ Abraxis.....
Rt, last mission since Sunday...

Forocoches no es un foro de coches. :geek:
HPitte
Spotter

Post by HPitte »

I enjoyed the Halloween Event for the first time ever this year. Before this year it was centered solely on some stupid monster/beast that has never existed, the "werewolf". This year, however, I got to hunt normal animals that suffering some kind of pandemic which caused them to become a little aggressive as one of their symptoms. Thank goodness that some scientist figured out that the metal, silver was able to cure them of their disease.

DeadClopz wrote:Something to think about for next year. Silver buckshot for the rabbits LOL trying to brain a charging rabbit with a slug is ridiculous. LOL
I second this notion! Just be thankful that you weren't me, though. I was under the distinct impression that we still needed to use permitted weapons and ammo for the afflicted animals of Bushrangers Run. So, me being me, I of course immediately bought the Wolfsbane Crossbow Pistol and some silver-tipped bolts in order to cure BRR's littlest afflicted critters of their unfortunate situation. Luckily, I nailed the very first critter I saw right between the eyes as he was charging right at me. I was so happy I could cure it, and so quickly! Unluckily, its friends saw me do it, and then promptly ate my brain which, to be honest, wasn't entirely working correctly before setting out on my curing spree. I recovered quickly though, and immediately bought the Wolfsbane Sawed-Off Shotgun and some silver-tipped slugs, with high hopes that they would better at dealing out the cure more efficiently, as well as protecting my little brain a bit better. Thankfully this turned out to be the case, but the afflicted population still took its toll on my diminishing medulla oblongata. I couldn't help but wish that some smarter, more forward-thinking scientist would figure out a way to apply the metal, silver to birdshot pellets as well.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Still searching the Albino and Gold WW, seems that only blacks in every hunt
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

mapache01 wrote:Still searching the Albino and Gold WW, seems that only blacks in every hunt
Based on my kills this event (100+ WW) the ratio between regular and rare is roughly 10:1 (which is BTW the same ratio as regular to blond grizzlies).
There seems to be be twice as much albinos compared to Golden once.

Edit:I am no longer sure about the ratio Golden to albino. Have not seen any golden for some hunts, I now had three of them in a single hunt. This nearly equalizes their numbers.
Spoiler:
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Ended up with a 202 Abraxis so mission done, thanks for all the help Hunters.
Santos2
Tracker

Post by Santos2 »

mapache01 wrote:Still searching the Albino and Gold WW, seems that only blacks in every hunt
If you get an +160 axis for me i can get your albino and gold ww in 1 hour

Forocoches no es un foro de coches. :geek:
mikerolf1
Spotter

Post by mikerolf1 »

What is the exact time on November 8th this Event ends?

Also, are there going to be any prizes for your place on the Leaderboards?

Return to “Official Community Competitions”