Halloween Event 2022

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
HPitte
Spotter

Re: Halloween Event 2022

Post by HPitte »

Do these Halloween animals count towards our Personal Bests seasonal record?
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Any helpful advice for the Ghostaroos?
I think it is really tough to find them and come into a position to place a head shot.
Spoiler:
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

Nice event and a well change of pace changing this year the reserve. Nice Van Wolfsbane, I'm gonna buy it first thing.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

Dr_ViEr wrote:Any helpful advice for the Ghostaroos?
I think it is really tough to find them and come into a position to place a head shot.
From my little experience with BRR and the Halloween event I've been finding the animals in the same areas they usually are on the map but I, too, have noticed there don't seem to be as many Kangaroos in the spawns. It could be I'm just not seeing them as I usually do because we can't see as far. It's rare I get close to a 'roo'. I usually only get them with long range shots because they're always at long range away or fleeing from being spooked. The non-event roos spook easily. Spook sensitivity doesn't seem to have changed.

Here's my two-cent advice:
When you find evidence of them prone immediately and follow the trail or go toward the call in prone position. From what I've experienced they tend to stay in the same small area they're 'grazing' in (or whatever they're doing hanging out) for a decent amount of time unless they're spooked. I've managed to almost always crawl to within 52m of them if I'm prone. I don't risk it trying to get any closer than 30 or 40m. If I can find a high spot in the terrain to get on I do whether it's a mound of dirt or a small rock. If I do that and apply patience just watching them calmly hop around for a few minutes at least one of them always ends up coming toward me within 15m for a good, easy, shot. I take my time and apply extreme patience with taking the shot until I'm past comfortable I'll get a good one to land. I won't shoot at them from behind and rarely take a shot at them broadside. Only when they're coming toward me. These steps have worked for me.

I'm curious if the Motion Predator Decoy effects apply to the event fox.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Finally I got my Roo and finished the mission.
Although I have not seen your post before, that was exactly what I did!
I tried the motion twice. In both cases, the foxes spooked at roughly 40m. I stopped testing by than.
Spoiler:
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

Congrats! I got a motion decoy and tried it but they apparently avoided it because I found tracks to 5 of them roaming and trotting to toward the calls I made but they didn't come any closer than 40m, as you said, and then there were fleeing tracks going away from the area.

I'm down to the last 2 fox, 2 Axis deer, and 1 Kangaroo objective to get the event mission completed. Objectives 14,15, 19, 20, and 22.
I always struggle with axis deer. I haven't figured them out. I rarely even get close enough to them for a long range shot on my own.
Few trials. Tons of errors. :P

I'm not a huge fan of it this year but I'll keep at it to contribute to everyone getting the community reward em$.
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

About roos... It seems that you can just finish off wounded roo with headshot. At least it worked for me.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/hera ... /905764540
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

herajika wrote:About roos... It seems that you can just finish off wounded roo with headshot. At least it worked for me.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/hera ... /905764540
Exactly the same for me buddy, also got the charging wabbit, not with the Holy Hand Grenade though. :)
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

Red fox standing still after lung shot looks like a bug though. Whatever, mission is completed at last. Surprisingly most difficult for me was to find 900+ hog. Harvesting fox with 95% was also pretty annoying. Even double lungs is not enough for that. So brain or heart only. I harvested 2 albino and 3 golden werewolves (I saw 4th, but I was tired already and decided to let him go). Last year it was pain in the ass to find them.

I enjoyed this year Halloween much more than previous one. Halloween in TGT was good when you were walking around in the silence and collecting skulls, because it was more atmospheric. But killing werewolves by dozens is better to do in Bushranger. Plus all other cool animals. Except rabbits. They are way too much for me. :evil:
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

HPitte wrote:Do these Halloween animals count towards our Personal Bests seasonal record?
They should. At least they are counting for leaderboards. My sabbatic goat is number 8 on leaderboard right now.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”