Halloween Event 2022

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Halloween Event 2022

Post by AveryW88 »

Good Evening, Hunter.

So, good news, bad news situation. Timbergold Trails is Werewolf-free! But whatever we did, Bushrangers Run has really gone to the Hellhounds. Tommy is freaking out, and can you blame him? We've had some Ghostly Kangaroos in the past but this is on a whole other level. We desperately need fearless hunters to help get this back under control. All Van's Wolfsbane weapons and silver ammo will work on all these new beasties, but stop by and see Van if you're having trouble. He's come up with some new gear to make things a little easier on you with this new problem. The CSS payout has been doubled for the new creepies as well.

Watch your back out there, Hunter. These things... we're not entirely sure what they are. New monsters? Innocent possessed critters? Either way, best to take them down with head or heart shots, just like a werewolf. But seriously, be careful. These things are smart. They won't go near a hunter on a platform, for instance. At least the callers still work like normal. But all our platforms are useless! Towers, tripods, tree stands, blinds... It'll be the cherry on the top if the werewolves turn up after all... I've just jinxed us, haven't I? Do you hear howling, or is that my imagination?

Still, let's make the best of it. Complete a gruelling mission, 6 nerve-wracking competitions, and try to come out on top as the EHR's best monster hunter. Like Rabbit Day, you'll be hunting for the greater good. On the mission pop-up (use the banner in the launcher or on the website), you'll see a bar for community prizes. Harvest at least 50 Halloween Creatures to qualify, slaughter more to fill the bar and gain all your prizes. You do not need to play in multi or single-player, it's up to you how you do your slaying. Gender does not matter. Any Halloween Creatures harvested in the EHR will count.

Participate for the prizes, the trophies, and the glory! All hunters with enough Halloween Creatures at the end of November the 8th will win Community Prizes!

And a big thank you to TreeKiwi for this new style Halloween idea!

In order to take part in the event, you will have to click on the big banner you will find in the Launcher (or Website) home page:

CALENDAR

Event Duration: 14 days

Start: 26th October 2022 (Wednesday) - morning

End: 8th November 2022 (Tuesday) - 23.59 UTC

CAMPAIGN

The more Halloween Creaturesyou harvest as a community, the more in-game prizes you are rewarded. This is how the prize pool looks:

MISSION

This year's mission is called Bloodrangers Run

Hello, Hunter, I'm Van. I don't think we've met? I don't like to come out of my workshop much these days; word spreads among monsters that I'm pretty much among the living and I'm in trouble, being persona non grata among them. I'm long past hunting monsters, for kicks or for cash, but it's all hands on deck with this fiasco. I've got your back the whole way. You know, from a safe distance.

Anyway, I'm going to be more helpful to you if I know exactly what we're up against. So far, I've only been able to examine some mangled hunters and a few tufts of fur. See what you can get for me, but be careful I've heard regular ammo doesn't work on them, but any silver ammo will work on any animal. I don't want to see you on my autopsy table.

The mission will last through the event duration from the 26th October to 8th November.

Completing it will earn the hunter the following rewards:

COMPETITIONS

You'll be hunting Halloween Creaturesanyway for the campaign, you might as well take a shot at some trophies and em$ too, right? Qualifying in competitions doesn't net you any special points in this event, since there are none.

Prizes for the competitions look like this:

Each competition comes with 7 tiers based on your Hunter Score:

RULES

What would a game be without rules?

We have one simple rule for our events: No exploitation of existing game mechanics to gain an advantage. All winners' hunts will be checked by EW staff prior to prizes being rewarded, and the decision will be final.

In case of exploits usage, EW has a right to disqualify the player from this event.

SALES

We've got some tasty sales for this event. A number of items will be on sale in the Store, including a juicy 90% discount on some weapons.

Make sure to check out the Sale section to see the full list!

That's all folks, any questions, feel free to post them below.

Enjoy all!
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Re: Halloween Event 2022

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Just for interest: will the Halloween creatures count as regular animals with regard to skill levels and in the general statistics?
Spoiler:
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Yes, they will :)
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

AveryW88 wrote:Yes, they will :)
The mission of the event is awesome. From the names of the creatures, I laugh and take my hat off to the team. But no one thought about how to complete the mission for a new player. Previously, at least somehow they gave .308 "Wolfsbane" Handgun for part of the mission. And question two - it is not indicated whether the .308 "Wolfsbane" Handgun can be
Wolfsbane beat the rabbits in the new Halloween 2022 event. Thank you.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

It is written in the text an visible in the shop (silver ammo) that all wolfsbane weapons can be used for all creatures
Spoiler:
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Any silver ammo will work on any animal, caliber doesn't matter. Go for head and heart shots for instant kills (head on the rabbit, since they don't have marked organs).

For the new players, they need a wolfsbane weapon or to hunt in multiplayer with people who have it. Given how werewolves and Halloween have been set up for years, that's the way it is. Giving away a weapon that a lot of other players potentially have leads to its own problems, as does making the new weapon only attainable through the mission. We're between a rock and a hard place when it comes to making any event or even feature applicable to everyone. Attempts to do so tend to make those things pretty meh (to use the technical term :D )
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Thank you Avery for leaving Timbergold alone this year. :)
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
SPAWNANUBIS
Tracker

Post by SPAWNANUBIS »

Hello Avery ! So the prize pool for the community harvests is just EM$ ? Nothing more ? So for 100000 harvests just 100 EM$ ? And for 200000 just 200 EM$ and so on ?

Don't get me wrong , I'm not complaining and I don't want anything else ! I was just wondering !
TheWind7
Outfitter

Post by TheWind7 »

Looks like a great event!!! Thanks Avery and the EW Team!
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

SPAWNANUBIS wrote:Hello Avery ! So the prize pool for the community harvests is just EM$ ? Nothing more ? So for 100000 harvests just 100 EM$ ? And for 200000 just 200 EM$ and so on ?

Don't get me wrong , I'm not complaining and I don't want anything else ! I was just wondering !
Looks like a complaint to me or you wouldn't say "just ems? Nothing more?"

At least it's the impression I get.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”