Halloween Event 2022

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
drakle
Hunter

Re: Halloween Event 2022

Post by drakle »

Thanks for the event! Wasn’t able to complete the mission on time, but had a lot of fun regardless.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I loved the event. I killed quite a few of the big ghastly critters and finally decided it was time to invest in a "mythical animal" trophy lodge. I've had werewolves, roebits and rudolphs mounted for a couple years now but never displayed them because I didn't want to mix them in with real animals. Having this new array of halloween critters meant I finally had something to put on small plaques and medium platforms, so it was worth it to me to get a lodge just for them. Now I need a mythical species to put on the large round stands (turkeys, geese, pheasant... or an update for them to include other smaller game) and I can complete the lodge. I did manage to find most of my target critters, a 200+ axis, a 380+ werewolf, a 1000+ hog, a 300+ goat... so they all look awesome in there. The abraxis axis was definitely my favorite skin of the event. Too cool with all the runes on it.

I got to help a few different people finish their missions, I got to earn a competition trophy (would have had a gold one too if I had remembered to activate the axis comp before I found that 200+, didn't expect something like that on my first short test hunt), and I had a few hundred kills to help out in the main community challenge so it was all around an awesome event. I appreciate it was available for two weeks, that gave me ample time to participate.

The change to BRR was an interesting one. It definitely made the map a different experience as we're used to being able to take long shots there. The non-aggressive animals were difficult to hunt, particularly the kangaroos with their good senses and super fast roaming speeds. Approach too quickly and they'd detect you and run off, approach too slowly and they'd be long gone by the time you'd get to their last known location. At least the deer and foxes could be called in. It was nice to have a challenging animal in the mix though. The rabbits were generally frustrating, timing shots as they charged wasn't always easy and it was made particularly difficult by the tall grass on the map. It was often difficult to know where exactly they were coming from until they were close and by then it was too late. The angey sounds for all the animals were spot on and the new skins were superb.

Definitely a great event. I'm already looking forward to seeing what you come up with for next year. But next on the hit list is a 600+ Rudolph! Or maybe the giant turkeys will make a return for Thanksgiving...

bcbdrums

Post by bcbdrums »

LOVED the event! There were a few bugs in multiplayer until the very end, and would have enjoyed some collectibles, but overall fantastic experience! The two weeks really helped us working folk have enough time to complete the mission, too.

Looking forward to the next one!
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Howdy!

Huge thanks to all hunters who helped to win the BRR back - it is sunny and free of creepy creatures now.
Here are some stats for you which show how popular this event was.

Killed Werewolves - 315122
Killed Abraxis Axis Deer - 22422
Killed Caerbannog Rabbits - 84965
Killed Whiro Hogs - 285327
Killed Sabbatic Goats - 85824
Killed Izuna Foxes - 16527
Killed Ghostaroos - 12238

Halloween mission completed - 1365
Silver ammo used (combined) - 6865524
First Aid Kits used - 26683

We couldn't ask for finer monster hunters!
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

AveryW88 wrote:Howdy!

Huge thanks to all hunters who helped to win the BRR back - it is sunny and free of creepy creatures now.

Wow. Saved .
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

Avery,
thank you and the staff for the best Halloween Event EVER :!:
I really had a ball. ;)
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

I did enjoy this much more than the evil atmosphere and constant death by werewolves on TGT. At least here you could see what was killing you (expect for those rabbits!). I still got anxiety playing alone, but when in a multiplayer game, I actually had... FUN?! :lol:
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

TolgaKK

Post by TolgaKK »

It was the worst halloween event. I hope these mistakes will not be made next year. TGT is perfect for this job.
Makkos Bandi
Tracker

Post by Makkos Bandi »

AveryW88 wrote:Howdy!

Good to see these statistcs and yes, thank you!
This one was the epic Halloween ever, it was finally varied, I hope you will have many more diversified ideas for the development all of events.
Truly yours
"Everywhere online club" -Andreas Insomnia" :mrgreen:
-Andy Acorny : Bandi Makkos-
-Look for the solution instead of whining :twisted:
Tölgyes András: https://www.facebook.com/bandi.makkos

Return to “Official Community Competitions”