Summer Fiesta 2022

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: Summer Fiesta 2022

Post by DanthemanBoone »

HooCairs wrote:Baiting black bears works well in the swamp areas of Redfeather Falls.

Baiting goats practically doesn't work. Not work the pain. Better go up on the hills and spot the open plains.
I shot all my Black Bears walking in the North west swamp delta in two hunts ... without baits. Only had to go back the second time for the cinnamon variant.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/dant ... /890309120
check the map.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

Since I had bought goat feeder already I decided to put it down anyway. Place I had in mind was a little too close to lodge. Then it refused to be placed on flat surface by some reason. And finally when I found an somewhat acceptable place I also found goat herd, so I chased it down one by one and finally shot a goat that happens to be piebald black. So goat feeder would wait for another time.

With bear feeder was even funnier. I had tent near swamp, so I decided to put feeder there as by HooCairs advice. So after few minutes of walking during which I shot moose and ordinary looking bear. I put my barrel like twenty meters away from such bear without checking it first and filled it with bait. And when I checked this bear, it, of course, was exactly the cinnamon black bear that I couldn't find in previous two days (I had at least 3 of every other variants).

So from one side feeders weren't necessary, but from other I did find both animals when I tried to place feeders down, so they did helped me somehow ... :D Whatever, at least with bear feeder, I probably would find some application for it in the future. I vaguely remember some mission which requires to harvest black bear with heart shot with a bow or something like that.

It was fun to be back after a break and I liked the mission. I probably wouldn't try second though. I do have two deer already, but I think I had enough of hunting for this week.
B14U2NV
Tracker

Post by B14U2NV »

Thanks for the Fiesta EW, had a good time. If only I had more time I would've tried to "Spice Things Up" Cheers
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

Thanks for the Fiesta !!!! Thanks to the development team - have fun on the missions :D
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

thanks for participating in the Summer Fiesta 2022, hope you enjoyed it!
some statistics from my side
Colorful Smelly Candies
4671 players completed at least 1 objective and 2303 finished the whole mission.
A Hard Nut to Crack
4234 players completed at least 1 objective and 1621 finished the whole mission.
Spice Things Up
only 267 players got a final trophy - well done!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Mission Statistics!!! YAY!!! :D :D :D

I *LOVE* knowing this stuff when competitions and events end!!! Thanks, Dmitri!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm curious as to how many players were just one animal short for the "Hard Nut", and what part of "Spice Things Up" seemed to be the hardest to accomplish for players. I did the Nut, but only managed the 5m bison for the other. I actually found that easier than I expected, as I (luckily) wasn't even trampled while doing it! :o :lol:

I did have a lot of fun- thank you all again for your work!! :D
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

Thank you Dimitri for this event it was really nice! Too bad I only did one mission completed half an hour yesterday before the end...(and yes the job! :ugeek: ) and that stupid fox! :twisted: :shock: 70 killed! brief and
I also love statistics, always interesting.
ok for the fall event! :lol:
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Thank you for another enjoyable event. I was able to pick up one of the smaller competition trophies and I completed all the missions. The Spice Things Up mission kept me busy for several days, the turkey was a lot more difficult than I thought it was going to be at first glance. I kept dropping them with body shots and then of course, I'd have to do the long slow wait of calling in more turkeys to my setup to try again. I did find a new PB turkey in the process though! The coyotes were another challenge, I crippled many before I was finally able to drop two on the spot and had a third die after running about 20m from my shot. The ptarmigan took several tries as well, they're speedy little devils once they get off the ground. But it all made for a fun challenge.

The Hard Nut to Crack mission had me going up until just a few days ago. In trying to complete it, I found a new PB axis deer and blacktail deer (my first 190+, finally!). I spotted several mule deer before I finally found a 200+ and he was just shy of being my new PB himself. The whitetail though... I did not expect to struggle so hard to find a decent whitetail buck. I went out on several hunts for them, called many in and kept being disappointed by 120 bucks. Sure enough, it only took getting distracted by a bobcat for my final buck to sneak in completely silently on me. A mere 171, but he ticked the box!

I'm already looking forward to the next event. Shall I prepare myself for cobwebs and werewolves again?
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I really like this setup of event missions!

Some requirements sound impossible to do on first view, but (sometimes with a little help of other players) they turn out to be much easier than expected. By this you expand you skill by doing things, you never would have tried!

Please go on, like this!
Spoiler:
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

splainin2do wrote: I'm curious as to how many players were just one animal short for the "Hard Nut", and what part of "Spice Things Up" seemed to be the hardest to accomplish for players. I did the Nut, but only managed the 5m bison for the other. I actually found that easier than I expected, as I (luckily) wasn't even trampled while doing it! :o :lol:

I did have a lot of fun- thank you all again for your work!! :D
Do not rub salt on an open wound ... some people endure it painfully, but not in my case (missions completed) :lol: . Coyotes forced to think about the choice of position. And they laughed while running, finding colorful pigs on the Bush)))

Return to “Official Community Competitions”