Summer Fiesta 2022

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Re: Summer Fiesta 2022

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

DanthemanBoone wrote:The combined average weight for a Roe Deer, a Feral Goat and a Coyote shot with .30R, 7mm or .308 Rifle ammo is your competition entry.

Any .30R, 7mm or .308 Rifle ammo.

Use the 7mm for the coyote.
Judging by the prize, a red deer was probably conceived instead of a coyote. Then all declared ammunition could participate on equal terms. But something went wrong.
Hornet_17
Spotter

Post by Hornet_17 »

Hi all
i have shot a nice Coyote with the .30R for the comp and it doesn't count because the rifle is not allowed, what did i missed ?
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

The coyote is a trap for young players. You can use any of the guns listed, you dont just have to use one gun for all the animals . But you can only use a 7mm for the coyotes because the other calibers are too big and not permitted. You could however use a 7mm for all the animals required.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

DanthemanBoone wrote: But you can only use a 7mm for the coyotes because the other calibers are too big and not permitted.
.308 is also allowed. I never understood, why .30R is not.
Spoiler:
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

To close off the Bonanza, bag a Whitetail Deer.

Find them in Whitehart Island, Logger's Point, Settler Creeks, Redfeather Falls and Rougarou Bayou.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

Cool ! I'm at my 60 non uncrossed fox!!!! but finally who ate the foxes!? I'm on a Canadian shot!
ps: there are a lot of foxes in my house! gggrrrrrr....!! :D
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
i-man

Post by i-man »

After spending some days and long time to have 3 coyotes with one shot, i spend 10 minutes to have 3 mallards with a shot. You can shoot them on the ground (water). No need to be airborne.
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

Since I had no time to do the event until couple of days ago, I'm pretty burned out after hours and hours of looking for colored animals. So I have a question. Any good baiting spots for goats and black bears? I've never used baits before, so I have absolutely no idea.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Baiting black bears works well in the swamp areas of Redfeather Falls.

Baiting goats practically doesn't work. Not work the pain. Better go up on the hills and spot the open plains.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Dr_ViEr wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote: But you can only use a 7mm for the coyotes because the other calibers are too big and not permitted.
.308 is also allowed. I never understood, why .30R is not.
I missed that 308 can be used for coyote. But then I dont hunt them much
They have pretty well made up there own rules as regards permitted weapons.
So from the permitted list we see the 7mm mag is permitted for Bison but the 30R is not.
That would indicate that the 7mm is considered more powerful than the 30R, yet it is considered that the 30r is too much gun for coyote while the 7mm is ok.
HULLO!
Totally Illogical when in game, if the 30R is actually considered more powerful than the 7mm .. (which it is ) why then is the 30R is not permitted for Bison.
On top of that , in game the 7mm tends to struggle with both Bison and Sambhur .. but the 30R blows away top end Sambhur stags like chaff in the wind.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”