Father's Day 2022

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
herajika
Tracker

Re: Father's Day 2022

Post by herajika »

A grindiest event so far. It's start of day 5 and only 9 players are qualified for minimum reward. I bet it would be one of the lowest numbers in the end. A requirement to harvest 35 male canines (70+ foxes) in addition to mission and qualifying in 3 competition is frankly too much. Foxes aren't rabbits, you can't reliably harvest one every minute.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

herajika wrote:A grindiest event so far. It's start of day 5 and only 9 players are qualified for minimum reward. I bet it would be one of the lowest numbers in the end. A requirement to harvest 35 male canines (70+ foxes) in addition to mission and qualifying in 3 competition is frankly too much. Foxes aren't rabbits, you can't reliably harvest one every minute.
The biggest problem is they have to be males, as you suggested. That doubles the number of canines that have to be found first, and probably more. There are always more females than males from what I've seen.
moyal
Spotter

Post by moyal »

Another ruined event. Please stop this. Antlers should give bonus points. As requirement they are a bad mission design. Please respect our time. Nobody likes this!
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

I would like to see events with a bit mp feeling. Long time ago there were some wonderful events (for me the best alltime):

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=73544

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... ition+bows

Maybe something like that could be repeated.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

This is the first father's day I can run for. I am so excited, though I can't find Roosevelt racks and I am running out of time.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

herajika wrote:A grindiest event so far. It's start of day 5 and only 9 players are qualified for minimum reward. I bet it would be one of the lowest numbers in the end. A requirement to harvest 35 male canines (70+ foxes) in addition to mission and qualifying in 3 competition is frankly too much. Foxes aren't rabbits, you can't reliably harvest one every minute.
I agree, we should have more time. besides all that , we are not children to have all the day to play, we are grown men most of us. Maybe they can add another week for the main event and mission, it would be fair. Now I feel a little the stress and it's not a pleasant feeling. I have just two days max to add 300 points to get the minimum prize. Not talking about the missions which i couldn't finish it so far.
Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

I find the antler hunts tedious in the extreme. It would be better to have them an option, eg Harvest a male fallow deer with a .44 magnum OR find a fallow deer antler. This gives the hardcore hunter a reason to use his various weapons doing what he likes to do and the newcomer who cant afford them can go on a run as an option to complete the same task. Running aimlessly along roads and clearings makes me feel I should be playing or doing something else instead.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Vanatorul_Roman wrote:
I agree, we should have more time. besides all that , we are not children to have all the day to play, we are grown men most of us. Maybe they can add another week for the main event and mission, it would be fair. Now I feel a little the stress and it's not a pleasant feeling. I have just two days max to add 300 points to get the minimum prize. Not talking about the missions which i couldn't finish it so far.
Yes, (some of us are grown women, too!)... and I wonder how many of us are also still working? This is the first event in a while that I'm sure I won't be able to finish in time, to the point I'm not going to push it. :? I don't think it should go on for longer than any other event, and understand why the males were required for Father's Day. Perhaps they could have been worth more than 10 Pop$, though?
Jimmy Rustle wrote:I find the antler hunts tedious in the extreme. It would be better to have them an option, eg Harvest a male fallow deer with a .44 magnum OR find a fallow deer antler. This gives the hardcore hunter a reason to use his various weapons doing what he likes to do and the newcomer who cant afford them can go on a run as an option to complete the same task. Running aimlessly along roads and clearings makes me feel I should be playing or doing something else instead.
I REALLY like that idea!- but you'd have to make the animal harvest a little bit harder. ;) Trying to find items all on your own can be maddening, and this is when multiplayer games are very handy. I feel I'm seeing less offers for help in a MP game on Discord and Fakebook this time, though. People seem to be having the most difficulty with the fallow and (surprisingly) whitetail sheds... I still need the latter, myself! :shock:
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

dylmax91
Scout

Post by dylmax91 »

Three species more difficult to find than a deer ((for example) , maybe 10 pts for a male and 5 pts for a female would have been a good solution. and the father's day is respected. ;)
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

dylmax91 wrote:Three species more difficult to find than a deer ((for example) , maybe 10 pts for a male and 5 pts for a female would have been a good solution. and the father's day is respected. ;)
You are doing well, my friend - keep going! You have my support! :)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Return to “Official Community Competitions”