Holiday Event 2021

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
herajika
Tracker

Re: Holiday Event 2021

Post by herajika »

jttoo wrote:Whew!

Finally got my rudolph, with a 255m shot across a valley to another hilltop, where I ended up with a body shot! Doh! Fortunately, he didn't run far!

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/jtto ... /844397481

Many thanks to SRV on his tips for hunting reindeer. With his pointers I was able to complete the mission where you have to harvest 3 reindeer in one hunt. I didn't see any rudolphs during that hunt, so I went back to my spawn mashing ways and finally found my rudolph! Yay, thank god that's done!
Congrats on your Rudolph, jttoo.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Thanks Herajika!

You should have seen me when I got over to the distant hilltop and saw that it was only a body shot, I was afraid that it was going to run off and recover.

I am quite happy with the results from the 7mm Scout so far. It is really good for long shots using the tripod. Rock steady scope view at 200m+. I originally got the weapon hoping that it would effective on fox, and it does a real good job at taking down foxes with the HV ammo, even dropping them consistently when you get body shots, which seems to happen a lot with fox (either that or I'm just a bad shot with them).
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

jttoo wrote:Thanks Herajika!

You should have seen me when I got over to the distant hilltop and saw that it was only a body shot, I was afraid that it was going to run off and recover.

I am quite happy with the results from the 7mm Scout so far. It is really good for long shots using the tripod. Rock steady scope view at 200m+. I originally got the weapon hoping that it would effective on fox, and it does a real good job at taking down foxes with the HV ammo, even dropping them consistently when you get body shots, which seems to happen a lot with fox (either that or I'm just a bad shot with them).
It's a very nice rifle. I have it too. If only bipod was optional. It's a little frustrating when you want to make a shot from the top of a big boulder for example and the game tells you that bipod can't be used from that position. Ok, fine, don't use bipod then, why do you refuse me aiming at all while prone? :D But, yes, it's still quite nice rifle and it's not even hard to use it while crouching.
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

:D :D :D I finally found the golden present after driving over the fields of Hirschfelden for over an hour. 2380 Present $ is enough for the first level.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and good luck on the hunt ;)
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

muledeer wrote:I finally found the golden present after driving over the fields of Hirschfelden for over an hour.
Congrats and cool picture! What rifle is that with the candy-stripe camo? LOL
SRV
Tracker

Post by SRV »

jttoo wrote:
Congrats and cool picture! What rifle is that with the candy-stripe camo? LOL
Can be found under: EVENT ITEMS/HOLIDAYS...
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Needed to find a Blacktail doe track for the daily mission. Bagged 3 Turkeys but wasn't sure if I would get 2 presents or 10 as technically they are "birds". I'm pleased to say they are worth 10. Another 177 presents and I'm at the first prize level. Good hunting all.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

muldo wrote:Needed to find a Blacktail doe track for the daily mission. Bagged 3 Turkeys but wasn't sure if I would get 2 presents or 10 as technically they are "birds". I'm pleased to say they are worth 10. Another 177 presents and I'm at the first prize level. Good hunting all.
I observed the same...

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=94130
Spoiler:
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

Thanks for the fun, challenging Holiday Event. Every year I
look forward to this :!:
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
Ardillamente
Tracker

Post by Ardillamente »

I'm chiming in a little late here, didn't know there was a discussion on the holiday event until now. I'm surprised in all 9 pages of comments nobody else has brought this up. I'm very glad the scoring glitch was finally fixed, been looking forward to that a long time. However, ever since the event started, I've hunted Hemmeldal a lot and I'd have to say, the total reindeer numbers seem to be about 25-35% what they were just before the event. It's relatively difficult to find any reindeer at all now, and a lot of other people I've talked to in my servers are seeing the same. Anyone else who has hunted reindeer quite a bit at any point in the past noticed this? I considered it could somehow be related to the event (although probably not intentional), but at the same time I never noticed a substantial drop in reindeer spawns in any previous Christmas events. What's everyone think about this?

Return to “Official Community Competitions”