Holiday Event 2021

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Holiday Event 2021

Post by HooCairs »

Ardillamente wrote:I'm chiming in a little late here, didn't know there was a discussion on the holiday event until now. I'm surprised in all 9 pages of comments nobody else has brought this up. I'm very glad the scoring glitch was finally fixed, been looking forward to that a long time. However, ever since the event started, I've hunted Hemmeldal a lot and I'd have to say, the total reindeer numbers seem to be about 25-35% what they were just before the event. It's relatively difficult to find any reindeer at all now, and a lot of other people I've talked to in my servers are seeing the same. Anyone else who has hunted reindeer quite a bit at any point in the past noticed this? I considered it could somehow be related to the event (although probably not intentional), but at the same time I never noticed a substantial drop in reindeer spawns in any previous Christmas events. What's everyone think about this?
I have to agree to this in the meantime. Don't have any numbers or percentages, but reindeer are scarce indeed.

It almost looks like they removed the unspawned reindeer and did not move them into the migration pool. Just a guess though.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

HooCairs wrote: I have to agree to this in the meantime. Don't have any numbers or percentages, but reindeer are scarce indeed.

It almost looks like they removed the unspawned reindeer and did not move them into the migration pool. Just a guess though.
Well i was thinking about this same reason but also suspect there could be another bugs involved, i started hunting them after the event started and still going strong hunting them, few things i noticed while treestand camp hunting them, if i kill them as soon as they come and let the females trot away and continue their journey, i feel like i see less groups this way than lets say just collecting as many groups under me as possible before taking my kill. could be just coincidence but there is another things i noticed when i was camping directly at the border that female group kept calling me from outside the map from certain spot for hours, they seem like they are stuck there without the bull, its like they cant de-spawn normally if thats a thing or re-enter the map again... Also after killing like 7 bulls, i started noticing bulls coming alone after that, no more female groups with them.

Forgot to mention one more bug where after killing the bull, sometimes females stay and hang around like they are being attracted to the call for hours.

Not sure what's going on, and if this is how reindeer suppose to work, but i hope @Dmitri can shed some lights on this, i do believe there should be farther testing.
Last edited by Mrmr123 on January 5th, 2022, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petunia
Tracker

Post by petunia »

I've had a number of daily missions with reindeer recently and noticed the same. They seem to be a lot scarcer than they were.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”