Holiday Event 2021

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
H0rnet

Re: Holiday Event 2021

Post by H0rnet »

Thanks for this nice event EW.
Good comps, nice trophies and rewards, good job team :)
tom111

Post by tom111 »

Thank you for this event EW. Happy holidays everyone. Merry Christmas .
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

tom111 wrote:Thank you for this event EW. Happy holidays everyone. Merry Christmas .
I will support. Ringtail and EW are great.
jim1965
Scout

Post by jim1965 »

look at me , 56years old . up too late because I have to go to work in the morning driving a virtual jeep to find the golden gift. Best game ever for me! Thanks for this event Ew team .
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

jim1965 wrote:look at me , 56years old . up too late because I have to go to work in the morning driving a virtual jeep to find the golden gift. Best game ever for me! Thanks for this event Ew team .
You're in good company... we all understand. Been there, done that!!! :D
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

chris22lr wrote:Finished this year mission, all by my lonesome, which is something I'm quite proud of, since I don't have e-caller. Or should I? Funny enough - last year it seemed that there are reindeer all over Hemmeldal, with every odd one being Rudolph. And there was no lynxes to be found, so I had to use HooCairs' Delivery Service.

This year I spent a lot of time ("a lot" from mine "I have a life and can't play Hunter 24/7" perspective) trying to find even regular reindeer, while there were felines all over the place. Of course, since I was in "looking for Rudolph" mode, I had my trusty .30-06 which is unsuitable for cats. And then I had a problem of not finding any silver and golden presents.

But today, with a few hours to spare, not only I bagged that red-nosed monstrosity, but also put a .223 sized hole through a kitty! After stalking it for I think 30-45 minutes.

Then I took the advice from this thread, and went sightseeing for presents along the northern coast of Whiterime Ridge. Managed to bag my first ever polar bear, and even took down second one, but I couldn't find a way to it, without falling into freezing water. I also saw melanistic arctic fox - my second sighting of such magnificent beast in life, but once again I had wrong gun for the job. Someday I'll find him though! Anyway, I found leftovers from Santa's bag, so mission accomplished!

Merry Christmas to y'all, Happy New Year, and Weidmannsheil!
Congrats for completing the mission and for having a life. Merry Christmas to you too. :P
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Thanks for the event, the rewards are much appreciated and much better than my usual sack of coal. Merry Christmas Hunters !
Takoygekakvse

Post by Takoygekakvse »

Spoiler:
Ну такой себе ивент был. Стерильненько так.
Well, such an event was. Sterile so.
Spoiler:
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Enjoyed this year's event. Thanks, EW, and Merry Christmas to all!
chris22lr

Post by chris22lr »

HooCairs wrote:having a life
Just to be clear: I don't think the mission was particularly punishing for "people with lifes". Afterall theHunter is already a challenging game that requires a bit of time investment - and that's why I like it. Looking in the stats, I completed the mission in about 7 hrs, during 9 sessions. And since the event was running for 15 days... well, the devs gave me plenty of time to get it done!

Of course the "campaign" part of the event - collecting the present$ - is really crazy, but... different strokes for different folks. If there are people who can afford to decimate animals around EHR to get the required number of points - more power to them! I definitely had fun, and challenge, and even a little bit of fright, with the mission - and I'm happy to finished it and win the tripod! With it, and my new fangled e-caller, no lynx will ever elude me now! :D

Return to “Official Community Competitions”