Let's Fiesta!

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
jttoo
Hunter

Re: Let's Fiesta!

Post by jttoo »

JimboCrow wrote:The Yellow Swamp Russulas are most plentiful around the long-grass swamp areas of RFF (straight north of Tower 1 on the other side of the big hill), and the Chantarelles are plentiful in the short-or-no-grass areas north of Darkwood Lodge, toward and around Tower 6. You don't have to stumble on either one. Just look in the bald patches near the water's edge and between the short grass patches. They are everywhere!! ;)
Thanks JimboCrow! I never would have thought to look in the tall grass, as you can't see a darned thing while walking through that. Found one pretty quickly, north of that large hill, along the river edge.

El Turista
Tracker

Post by El Turista »

Any clues for antlers? Do the jeep work?. You find many on roads?

I've some clues that som wouldn't know. Use your binos. The antlers render whene afar but the grass doesn't.

In some locations they spawn like 1,5m over the proper ground and you can see them falling as you approach. Keep eyes open.

And for the last antlers modify the terrain. If you find invisible rocks, large patches of grassless areas in a meadow, thinks like that, is posible that is caused for an antler.

Any way I'm not having much luck with those pesky antlers for the moment.
Last edited by El Turista on July 22nd, 2021, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaiPe6o
Scout

Post by BaiPe6o »

mel_o_mel wrote:On the Jackpot Competition are Mule deer done on Monday when a new species is released or can we come back to it if we have hunts left later?
Other animals will be added. The species which are already announced will remain huntable during the end of the comp.
Spoiler:
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

Yesterday I found 9 roe antlers and zero red antlers. Which is kind of ridiculous as not only these 9 roe antlers is almost half of amount I found before that, but also because my usual rate of red to roe antlers was 3.5 (now it's only 2.2 :D ).

But whatever, red antlers wouldn't be a big problem, I think. Rusa and Sambar, what to do with them? I very rarely hunt in PB, so I have absolutely no idea where to look for them. Does anyone has advice? Maybe antlers spawn on coastal line where it's easy to see them or something like that?
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Boone's Rifle Limbo
Description
For the Hardcore, the people who max out every available skill and demand more... You know who you are. These are for you. No Muzzleloaders.
Objectives
Harvest a Mallard with .22 Plinkington rifle from more than 30m(approx. 98ft.).
Harvest an Eurasian Lynx with a single shot through the heart. Any ethical rifle permitted.
Harvest a charging Moose with an Aimpoint scope. Any ethical rifle with an Aimpoint scope is permitted.
Harvest a Sambar Deer from more than 55m (Approx. 180 ft). Any ethical rifle permitted.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

El Turista wrote:Any clues for antlers? Do the jeep work?. You find many on roads?

I've some clues that som wouldn't know. Use your binos. The antlers render whene afar but the grass doesn't.

In some locations they spawn like 1,5m over the proper ground and you can see them falling as you approach. Keep eyes open.

And for the last antlers modify the terrain. If you find invisible rocks, large patches of grassless areas in a meadow, thinks like that, is posible that is caused for an antler.

Any way I'm not having much luck with those pesky antlers for the moment.
Driving around Hirschfelden I found Red deer and Roe deer antlers.

Driving around Loggers point and Whitehart I have found Whitetail and Blacktail antlers and lots of common mushrooms.

Driving around Timbergold I have found pretty much nothing except one Fly Amanita. Very disappointing. Has anyone found mushrooms or antlers on the roads in Timbergold?
panos66789
Spotter

Post by panos66789 »

HooCairs wrote:How to easily get that fleeing roo 8-)

Thanks for the help but i completed this mission before i see your post, i used a 7mm-08 scout for the job, (its a very bad gun for this job btw DONT use it)!
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Laura's Archery Purgatory
Description
For the Hardcore, the people who can smell a whitetail through their screen... You know who you are. These are for you.
Objectives
Harvest a male Rusa Deer from less than 15m (approx. 49ft.). No platforms. Any Bow or Crossbow permitted.
Harvest a Dark Red Puma with a single shot through the heart. Any Bow or Crossbow permitted.
Harvest a Snowshoe Hare from more than 60m (approx. 197ft.) with a Crossbow Pistol. Single shot only.
Harvest an airborne Northern Pintail with any traditional bow.

TOP TIP

Activate mission before attempting it.
panos66789
Spotter

Post by panos66789 »

The Dark Red Puma will be a pain!
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

panos66789 wrote:The Dark Red Puma will be a pain!
Harvest an airborne Northern Pintail with any traditional bow a pain as recurve didn't count.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”