Upcoming Event

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Upcoming Event

Post by AveryW88 »

Howdy Hunters,

Our Summer Fiesta starts next week, and it's going to be a long one. It will run from July 21st to August 24th.

The Overview

There are three Mission Packs. One is a standalone whose activation/participation won't affect the others but you should be able to do it without affecting your activities in the others.
The other two are more closely related and you must finish the easier one to unlock the harder one.
Each of the three Mission Packs has a trophy and prizes. Each mission in the Pack (each set of objectives, in other words) has a nice chunk of gm$ attached, so failure to complete the whole Pack will still net you something ;)
The missions will need to be activated through the Mission page.

There is a competition that runs the for the duration of the Fiesta. Like the Weightsaver Bonanza from last year, a new animal will be added every Monday and Thursday (added, not replaced). You must have at least one of each animal for your entry to be valid. You only have 30 attempts in total, so use them wisely and remember to deactivate the competition if you start something else so that you don't waste attempts.

Each week there will be a multi-tiered competition. It will run for the full week.

Look forward to it!
B14U2NV
Tracker

Re: Upcoming Event

Post by B14U2NV »

Can't wait, will be the first year I get to try it out! Thanks EW
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

why wait i could start today ... greetings from rainy germany
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

thats great to hear. many people will be thrilled to know the summer event is coming. thanks ! :D
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

AveryW88 wrote:...There is a competition that runs the for the duration of the Fiesta. Like the Weightsaver Bonanza from last year, a new animal will be added every Monday and Thursday (added, not replaced). You must have at least one of each animal for your entry to be valid. You only have 30 attempts in total, so use them wisely and remember to deactivate the competition if you start something else so that you don't waste attempts.
Wait a second... if I understand this correctly, I didn't know this was possible! :o Is this something that "always was"?

For example, would this mean that if I was in a competition for Red Deer with 5 attempts allowed, and even held a place on the leaderboard, and a Daily Mission turned out to be "spot a Wild Boar"...
...could I deactivate the Red Deer competition, do my DM, then reactivate the competition, not lose my placement AND not have the hunt to spot the boar count against my attempts? :shock:
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

splainin2do wrote:
AveryW88 wrote:...There is a competition that runs the for the duration of the Fiesta. Like the Weightsaver Bonanza from last year, a new animal will be added every Monday and Thursday (added, not replaced). You must have at least one of each animal for your entry to be valid. You only have 30 attempts in total, so use them wisely and remember to deactivate the competition if you start something else so that you don't waste attempts.
Wait a second... if I understand this correctly, I didn't know this was possible! :o Is this something that "always was"?

For example, would this mean that if I was in a competition for Red Deer with 5 attempts allowed, and even held a place on the leaderboard, and a Daily Mission turned out to be "spot a Wild Boar"...
...could I deactivate the Red Deer competition, do my DM, then reactivate the competition, not lose my placement AND not have the hunt to spot the boar count against my attempts? :shock:
Correct. Dectivating and activating does not make you lose your place or previous kills.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

AveryW88 wrote:
splainin2do wrote:

Correct. Dectivating and activating does not make you lose your place or previous kills.
:D :D :D :D :D :D
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Good stuff! ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DutchHunter74
Tracker

Post by DutchHunter74 »

AveryW88 wrote:
splainin2do wrote:

Wow.....good to know!
Spoiler:
jim1965
Scout

Post by jim1965 »

I wil give it a go for sure . Thank you

Return to “Official Community Competitions”