Midsummer Event

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Midsummer Event

Post by AveryW88 »

Hello folks!

Midsummer. That time of the year where day and night are still being reasonable. Before you curse yourself for not owning blackout blinds because you get about half an hour of dusk before the sun's back out in full force. We decided it's best to have fun while we can, though.

Hunt down Puck$ through the event's mission and competitions and hunting Summer Deer around the EHR! Summer Deer means Deer that you harvest from the Summer-based reserves: Roosevelt Elk, Red Deer, Sambar Deer, Mule Deer, Whitetail Deer, Blacktail Deer, Roe Deer, and Rusa Deer. No restrictions on gender.

Participate for the prizes, the trophies, and the glory! The hunter with the most Puck$ at the end of June the 28th will win a generous first prize!

In order to take part in the event, you will have to click on the big banner you will find in the Launcher (or Website) home page:

CALENDAR

Event Duration: 7 days

Start: 22 June 2021 (Tuesday) - morning

End: 28 June 2021 (Monday) - 23.59 UTC

CAMPAIGN

The more Puck$ you collect, the more in-game prizes you are rewarded:

And this is how the prize pool looks:

MISSION

This year's mission is called Summer Fun

General Major Petersen again. I think some new display trophies are in order if we want to impress the visiting V.I.Ps. Can you get me a nice range of animals from our Summer Reserves? On top of that, I'll give you extra points for any Summer Reserve Deer you shoot except Moose. Basically, I won't give a Puck$ if you shoot anything besides Roosevelt Elk, Red Deer, Sambar Deer, Mule Deer, Whitetail Deer, Blacktail Deer, Roe Deer, or Rusa Deer.

The mission will last through the event's duration from the 22nd June to the 28th June.

Completing it will earn the hunter the following rewards:

COMPETITIONS

The event comes with three competitions each lasting 3 days!

Prizes for the competitions look like this:

Completing each competition in any place (just qualify!) will also award the hunter 100 Puck$ points.

Each competition comes with 7 tiers based on your Hunter Score:

RULES

What would a game be without rules?

We have one simple rule for our events: No exploitation of existing game mechanics to gain an advantage. All winners' hunts will be checked by EW staff prior to prizes being rewarded, and the decision will be final.

In case of exploits usage, EW has a right to disqualify the player from this event.

SALES

We've got some cool sales for this event. A number of items will be on sale in the Store, including a juicy discount on a lot of Callers as well as 30% off a variety of weapons.

Make sure to check out the Sale section to see the full list!

That's all folks, any questions, feel free to post them below.

Enjoy all!
muledeer
Hunter

Re: Midsummer Event

Post by muledeer »

Wow nice Event Thank You
BaiPe6o
Scout

Post by BaiPe6o »

That's awesome! My favorite part of this game are events. There are so many things to do I don't know where to start. :) Many thanks.
Spoiler:
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

The competition page got a rework by the looks, only 3 rows instead of 4, and some species are changed order if I am not mistaken.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

curlyCoyote wrote:The competition page got a rework by the looks, only 3 rows instead of 4, and some species are changed order if I am not mistaken.
WOW! This is a great reworking - much faster, cleaner-looking results! SWEET! :D
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

splainin2do wrote:
curlyCoyote wrote:The competition page got a rework by the looks, only 3 rows instead of 4, and some species are changed order if I am not mistaken.
WOW! This is a great reworking - much faster, cleaner-looking results! SWEET! :D
Things are in alphabetical order! I can jus' hear your sigh of relief. :lol: :lol: Respect,

BCKidd

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
B14U2NV
Tracker

Post by B14U2NV »

Great event EW, thank you very much! Good job on alphabetical comps, makes things much cleaner looking. Here's hoping you will also make the Mission packs in the "Overview" section in alphabetical order. Cheers
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Competition page looks worse. Instead of 3 columns that are obese, there should be 4 or 5 thin columns. The A-Z ordering should be from top to bottom first, rather than left to right. You know, just like a dictionary, or an index at the back of book. The current "design" is unintuitive and clumsy. Yes, to the point that it really annoys me :evil:
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Love the event, missions done so its off to hammer some Yotes in the competition. Cheers all.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Thank you Avery! This looks like a fun event indeed. 8-) You know, I don't spend enough time on Pickabeen Bay. Looks like that's about to change. :)

Return to “Official Community Competitions”