Midsummer Event

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
Soldadojef28

Re: Midsummer Event

Post by Soldadojef28 »

HooCairs wrote:
Soldadojef28 wrote:What about the points acquired by a competitor, going to the same map, incessantly, collecting his trophies in almost the same place?
What rule says you cannot do this?
That is the part to which I refer the rule.
RULES
What would a game be without rules?

We have one simple rule for our events: No exploitation of existing game mechanics to gain an advantage. All winners’ hunts will be checked by EW staff prior to prizes being rewarded, and the decision will be final.

In case of exploits usage, EW has a right to disqualify the player from this event.

And my question was: To what extent can a player do a hunt on the same map shooting almost in the same place, and on different hunts? Without this not being taken into consideration to a point of exploits!
Note: I am your fan.
Just one question.
Respectfully!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Soldadojef28 wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
Soldadojef28 wrote:What about the points acquired by a competitor, going to the same map, incessantly, collecting his trophies in almost the same place?
What rule says you cannot do this?
RULES

We have one simple rule for our events: No exploitation of existing game mechanics to gain an advantage. All winners’ hunts will be checked by EW staff prior to prizes being rewarded, and the decision will be final.

In case of exploits usage, EW has a right to disqualify the player from this event.

And my question was: To what extent can a player do a hunt on the same map shooting almost in the same place, and on different hunts? Without this not being taken into consideration to a point of exploits!
Just one question.
Respectfully!
It is likely a spawn point. Competitors that find spawn points go to those spots all the time. It isn't a very competitive way to compete, but it probably isn't an exploit either. ;) Peace,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Soldadojef28

Post by Soldadojef28 »

BCKidd wrote:
Soldadojef28 wrote:
HooCairs wrote: What rule says you cannot do this?
RULES

Just one question.
Respectfully!
It is likely a spawn point. Competitors that find spawn points go to those spots all the time. It isn't a very competitive way to compete, but it probably isn't an exploit either. ;) Peace,

BCKidd.
Thank you my friend for this information. It was just that.!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Soldadojef28 wrote:Thank you my friend for this information. It was just that.!
The player in the lead has even shared his place and tactics. ;)
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=93372

Check out the place, if not for this competition, maybe for another time when you are looking for Sambar Deer.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

HooCairs wrote:
Soldadojef28 wrote:Thank you my friend for this information. It was just that.!
The player in the lead has even shared his place and tactics. ;)
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=93372

Check out the place, if not for this competition, maybe for another time when you are looking for Sambar Deer.
He also shared it earlier on the forum along with tactics
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 0&start=60
Santos2
Tracker

Post by Santos2 »

do you guys think im able to win the goat comp if the top 1 is 67kg?

Forocoches no es un foro de coches. :geek:
El Turista
Tracker

Post by El Turista »

Santos2 wrote:do you guys think im able to win the goat comp if the top 1 is 67kg?
Why not? You only have to find a huge 67.1kg goat! :D

It's just about luck and patience. Goats are all around the Bushrangers map.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

870 pucks achieved, that's enough for me, 5 visits to Bushrangers and not spotted a goat that scored over 55. Well done to you competition leaders.
Santos2
Tracker

Post by Santos2 »

El Turista wrote:
Santos2 wrote:do you guys think im able to win the goat comp if the top 1 is 67kg?
Why not? You only have to find a huge 67.1kg goat! :D

It's just about luck and patience. Goats are all around the Bushrangers map.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Forocoches no es un foro de coches. :geek:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

BCKidd wrote:
Soldadojef28 wrote:
HooCairs wrote: What rule says you cannot do this?
RULES

Just one question.
Respectfully!

BCKidd.
No offense intended to any of the competitors, but this is clearly a seam in the fabric of the game, like shooting 50 or 60 Black bears in one real time hour.

In the past, sometimes, EW has taken steps to 'repair' these seams or have altered the event when it becomes an issue. Make no mistake, this is an exploit, much like Fast Traveling to a tent is with no form of penalty, in time lost to travel the distance, or especially in spooking the animals nearby.

Hopefully this problem attracts the attention it deserves. This is why BCKidd's comps are currently superior to EW's events: he makes steadfast rules to protect against exploits, and all players are required to abide by them. Once again, no disrespect intended to the competitors, I would do exactly the same thing. May the best competitor win.
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”