Midsummer Event

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
ogruls
Outfitter

Re: Midsummer Event

Post by ogruls »

Brutus969 wrote:A suggestion I have for future events is for puck$ (or whatever point$) to be awarded only for animals which were NOT harvested from a treestand/blind/tripod/tower etc. That would equal the playing field quite a bit, I think. Take away some of the advantage that those with deployables have.
Would just go to known locations and play tree trunk dodge, probably drop efficiency by 10%. Folk hunting in a hunting game where the animals are to be found, needs to be stopped, can't have that.
Anyway get yer finger oot man am going to put a bend on and catch ya.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Would drop efficiency by a lot more imo, because of how skittish sambar are. Only doable if they come to you one at a time, with enough distance between them.

Catch me if you can :P
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Thanks for the event EW! I tried to complete the mission, but there wasn't a dang bear I saw that scored over 20, and that is all I would have needed. Was fun tho', I might have scored better with the $Pucks too, 'cept I went at it thinking only males counted... it pays to read the rules. Congrats to all those that did well, and I'll see ya'll in the next event! ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Yes, Thanks for another great Event EW, and thanks for the goodies and EMs!

I'm fascinated by the numbers behind these events. Around 750 people got enough pucks to complete the event, out of over 8392 participants. What I find amazing is that about 2500 accounts only harvested 1 to 2 deer for pucks.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

I had a lot of fun! I learned new tips and tricks, I was able to complete the mission while helping to level up my new gun for the next big competition, I got at least two new personal bests... overall I had a great time!! But, it's also bittersweet as there was also some down-to-the-wire heartache. Being able to check the website during the day and watch yourself drop in the standings, but not being able to do anything about it because you're stuck at work is so stressful! :shock: I was able to try to make a comeback once I got home, but no luck was had. Coming in 11th place stinks! No trophy for me!! :cry: :cry:
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Beldin
Scout

Post by Beldin »

Brutus969 wrote:Catch me if you can :P
Discussion above was about "folk", as in "people in general", etc. hunting from tree stands. Looking at this and some past events, we already know you are not a human at all. :twisted:
Spoiler:
Cedric01

Post by Cedric01 »

Hello, do you know why the prizes for the last Midsummer event "Loose moose" competition were not given? The competition does not even appear in the history? Thank you so much.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Hello, we're aware of the issue and working on it now, please bear with us.

The places are logged onto the server and no one will lose out on their prizes.
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

Cedric01 wrote:Hello, do you know why the prizes for the last Midsummer event "Loose moose" competition were not given? The competition does not even appear in the history? Thank you so much.
it should be fine now, please check
Cedric01

Post by Cedric01 »

Yes, I received the award. Thank you very much for the responsiveness. And again congratulations on the "Midsummer" event which between missions and competitions was a lot of fun!

Return to “Official Community Competitions”