Community-made Comps

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Community-made Comps

Post by AveryW88 »

I don't mind keeping the channel, just let us work out a good way to keep track of what's been done :lol:

Things can lost in the stack sometimes.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

People can still post comps, but they won't be for this round of comps we're doing now.

I'll check back periodically for new stuff and we'll do a slow integration over time.
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

Awesome, thanks Avery
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

I always wanted a a comp that reward the hunter for his pure skills and knowledge of maps and animals, and not based on luck with finding a high scoring animal...

I dont know if this is technically possible by the game it self, but my idea for a comp would be something like this:

Name: Elk Spotter
Animal: Roosevelt Elk
Reserve: White-heart
Scoring: Number of elk bulls spotted in one session.
Desc: The guy who spot most or all elk bulls in the shortest period of time in one session wins.

I can see that the game return numbers for elk spotted in one session but its a number for both males and females, not sure if only males spotted number can be retrieved.

But this type of comp if it can work will encourage people to do long hunts worry free about luck involved finding a 400+ elk, but still difficult enough trying to find all the elk bulls vs time and other animals that will stand between you and them.
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

As for feedback, i like a lot that the number attempts was reduced to 5 attempts on most comps and hope all the comps get 5 attempts only, this will allow for new guys and people with limited time to get a chance at winning from time to time, what i DISLIKE is the fact that most comps are now geared towards MP people, i dont like to compete with MP people as single player person, since they dont live by the same rules and can bypass 5 attempts restrictions... they can have there own comps and i would like more comps to be Single player only with 5 attempts.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I would like to know when the schedule is now final. Currently there are still gaps, or the same comp repeating within a few days. Clicking through all the comps every day to check what is active is pretty annoying.

An overview of all comps would be nice. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

HooCairs wrote:I would like to know when the schedule is now final. Currently there are still gaps, or the same comp repeating within a few days. Clicking through all the comps every day to check what is active is pretty annoying.

An overview of all comps would be nice. :)

Yes, a schedule would be very nice.

As my hunts hunts are usually mission based, I activate all the comps daily without reading them all (there are way too many and I'm way to lazy for that) and then check what comps fit in with the hunt I'm doing when I get there. I usually forget to check the competitions page until I'm doing my loadout and I'm already on the map. This is why I like to have them all activated ahead of time.

Knowing what comps are coming up and when would be awesome, but might be more difficult for you to implement. Even just a master list of all the comps and an outline of the rotation would give us a heads up of when to look for our favorite comps coming up (for example if I was looking for when my favorite blacktail comp would be up again, and knew it was the third one from the one that's currently active, I could figure out when it will be again). This could maybe even be included in the Wiki where we could look up competitions for each species or reserve and see what we might like to try.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I used to maintain a spreadsheet with 14 columns (2 weeks) and a row for each animal, using simple abbreviations for weapons, stands, etc. I could quickly see what was on for each day, and where I wanted to enroll. Would be nice if that existed auto-generated on the server.
Spoiler:
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

The animals are split in two with 24 animals having a comp starting each day. All animals have an available competition every day. Weekends add at least one multispecies comp and the weekly comp. Events obviously replace the weekly comp when they run. The 24 animals are split with 4 have a Starter/Intermediate/Elite and the other 20 having a regular, which cycles through the list.

Each animal has it's competitions run one after the other, but they have a different number of comps each so some will come up more frequently in the rotation.

Rotation will change as new comps from the community and us are added to the list of available comps. Older weekly comps will be gradually added into the rotation as well either as multis or species specific.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Thanks for the explanation. Now my head spins! Even more so I need a plan! :D
Spoiler:

Return to “Official Community Competitions”