Community-made Comps

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Community-made Comps

Post by AveryW88 »

fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:Is the criterion for the horns of the animal possible?
We work out the score based on that, but I'll have to look into whether we can go purely by spread or length. We have some of that functionality in missions (length of the spur on turkeys, for instance) but I don't think it currently crosses over to comps. Pitch what you have in mind and we'll see what we can do with it :)
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

AveryW88 wrote:
We work out the score based on that, but I'll have to look into whether we can go purely by spread or length. We have some of that functionality in missions (length of the spur on turkeys, for instance) but I don't think it currently crosses over to comps. Pitch what you have in mind and we'll see what we can do with it :)
we mean: the sum of three goats with different types of horns, you can 5 attempts and not in one session, but then in one pipets. The test goes stupidly by points, but !!! they should be registered just for one goat and different types of horns

the result can be improved in subsequent attempts

counts towards: one goat with the highest score from each of the three types of horns
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

rifle king of (reserve name)

Count the total number of all animals killed on a selected reserve. But not all animal species have to be killed.

only one shot (per animal) and 100% harvest value counts.

Once a week for 3 days and a total of 12 weeks, this competition changes and then takes place once in all 12 reserves.

only rifles

after the 12 weeks it starts all over again but maybe change rifle against bow or pistol
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:
AveryW88 wrote:
we mean: the sum of three goats with different types of horns, you can 5 attempts and not in one session, but then in one pipets. The test goes stupidly by points, but !!! they should be registered just for one goat and different types of horns

counts towards: one goat with the highest score from each of the three types of horns
Ah, I see. I haven't seen any past comps that are specific to the type of horn, so I'm not certain whether or not we can do it. We'll have those variants named, but I'll need to confirm whether the comp system has access to it like it does for color variants. Whether we can set a limiter that the player can only hunt one type might be a bit fiddly, but worst case would be to separate the comps out and run them at different times.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:one goat with the highest score from each of the three types of horns
This would be great!
HooCairs wrote:Would be cool to see these return. :P
https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions/details/10300
I see...so why don't they bring back all the old competitions...I'm not against new ones but if they've already got tried and tested ones... Because right now I can't even be bothered to look through comps because there so are few!
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

We have brought back a lot that have slipped into the cracks over time, but there's not as many as you might think. A few need an overhaul before they can be used, which would need all the testing again. I'll put it this way, the competitions you saw over the testing schedule covered most of the single animal comps, with a few left for the new schedule to start with, and the ones where an animal had a lot of them (feral goat has a fair few, for instance).

A lot of animals have a grand total of... 5 comps. A couple have less. This means you get a range of comps for some animals and then a bunch of them with constant repeats.

The schedules start switching over on the 24th.
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

AveryW88 wrote:
fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:
AveryW88 wrote:

Ah, I see. I haven't seen any past comps that are specific to the type of horn, so I'm not certain whether or not we can do it. We'll have those variants named, but I'll need to confirm whether the comp system has access to it like it does for color variants. Whether we can set a limiter that the player can only hunt one type might be a bit fiddly, but worst case would be to separate the comps out and run them at different times.
If it does not work together, then as an option, one of the types of horns and add either a type of weapon or weight
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

splainin2do wrote:
BCKidd wrote:There are certainly some pretty decent comp ideas here- I can't wait to see them in the rotation. 'Xcellent! Thanks for the opportunity EW, to allow us to create some different comps! ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.
Just don't steal any evil ideas from here for your mini-comps, ok? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: I don't need to. I have thousands of evil ideas... :D Respect

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

BCKidd wrote:
splainin2do wrote:
BCKidd wrote:There are certainly some pretty decent comp ideas here- I can't wait to see them in the rotation. 'Xcellent! Thanks for the opportunity EW, to allow us to create some different comps! ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.
Just don't steal any evil ideas from here for your mini-comps, ok? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: I don't need to. I have thousands of evil ideas... :D Respect

BCKidd.
We know you have :D
DonMcMaine

Post by DonMcMaine »

This idea is from binkie88.

Name: Old Fashioned
Species: Reindeer
Reserve: Any
Scoring: Combined score of female and male
Desc: The highest total of your biggest male and female reindeer shot with a traditional bow is your entry.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”