[FEEDBACK] Official Community Competitions

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: [FEEDBACK] Official Community Competitions

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'm new to game and forum. I entered my first competition today (elk) and I can see what place i'm in but that's all. Can I see a list of more than that? Maybe the standing of the top ten or something similar?

How about when the comp is done? Are the results posted?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

OldMtnMan wrote:I'm new to game and forum. I entered my first competition today (elk) and I can see what place i'm in but that's all. Can I see a list of more than that? Maybe the standing of the top ten or something similar?

How about when the comp is done? Are the results posted?
You are looking at the overview tab. Near upper left you can choose to see the leaderboard and history of past comps.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Thanks. I did figure it out. I should have edited my post.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

Man "to hell and back" begins discouraging....15m near a Ibex...? LOL If that's first pack I figure what's next...0 m to a bobcat/lynx...and killing it with a kitchen knive. That's too much, sorry, I am disapointed. It was suppose to be a game and to be fun, not frustrating just because some guy there told you/started whining, in a mail, that this game is too easy for him. I didn't expect that from this new team who had its moments, putting this game , for real, on its tracks.. It ruined my personal summer fiesta. I had high hopes even for the Vegan pack, because today, after tens of days, I finally found that rare swamp mushroom and I was starting to see the light fron the end of the tunnel, but now...I don't see any reason to go on...with this kind of frustrating competition at the horizon.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

I don't think many people enjoyed the dark red puma requirement, let alone with a heart shot.

Maybe make it for the future that there is only one parameter? Like harvest any puma with a heart shot or just harvest a dark red/grey puma.
EthanRanft
Tracker

Post by EthanRanft »

I still don’t see why all the complaints. Was it supposed to be difficult? Absolutely, and it’s clearly stated in the name “To Hell and Back”.

There was an easy mission pack that anyone can complete, if you’re not up to the task of the hard mission pack, then just ignore it. You’re not missing out on anything, just money and an item that can all be attained by completing some of the standard missions and buying it in the store.

Summer Fiesta only comes once a year and it lasts a month! It has a reputation for being difficult, and it’s certainly not impossible, as has been attested by all the people that have completed all 3 mission packs. There are many here that enjoy the extra challenge, myself included! I think EW did a great job this year, though the red puma heart shot, as many agree, was a little excessive. It just takes commitment and time invested.

15m close to an Ibex is hard, but I think I completed it in less than an hour. Give them a try and you may be surprised they aren’t as hard as you thought, and many people here will be glad to help you with a few objectives if you get stuck
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

EthanRanft wrote:I still don’t see why all the complaints. Was it supposed to be difficult? Absolutely, and it’s clearly stated in the name “To Hell and Back”.

There was an easy mission pack that anyone can complete, if you’re not up to the task of the hard mission pack, then just ignore it. You’re not missing out on anything, just money and an item that can all be attained by completing some of the standard missions and buying it in the store.

Summer Fiesta only comes once a year and it lasts a month! It has a reputation for being difficult, and it’s certainly not impossible, as has been attested by all the people that have completed all 3 mission packs. There are many here that enjoy the extra challenge, myself included! I think EW did a great job this year, though the red puma heart shot, as many agree, was a little excessive. It just takes commitment and time invested.

15m close to an Ibex is hard, but I think I completed it in less than an hour. Give them a try and you may be surprised they aren’t as hard as you thought, and many people here will be glad to help you with a few objectives if you get stuck
I agree. Missions are selected correctly according to their complexity. Respect to the developers - “To Hell and Back”. It was hard with the Sitka deer.
Last edited by fon_Belkrofft_DK on August 10th, 2021, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

EthanRanft wrote:I still don’t see why all the complaints. Was it supposed to be difficult? Absolutely, and it’s clearly stated in the name “To Hell and Back”.

Good post, EthanRanft. I couldn't have said it better myself! ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
povelikuq2

Post by povelikuq2 »

something is better then nothing Literally everyone has the two aforementioned firearms and are not excluded by those listed qualities thus equaling "the majority" of players.
In this line of reasoning for "pleasing the majority," the flexibility in the design of the competitions is severely hindered. I believe the main issue is that players are feeling "they took a loss" due to the significantly higher "potential" reward payouts compared to the weeklies (FOMO anyone?).

Return to “Official Community Competitions”