Calibre Competition (New Voting Options)

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.

Which Calibre would you like 'The Scout' to come out in?

Poll runs till November 28th, 2018, 5:04 am

.223
2
1%
.243
39
25%
7mm-08
88
56%
.308
27
17%
 
Total votes: 156
User avatar
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter
Posts: 8961
Joined: July 14th, 2015, 12:41 pm
Location: Moguntia

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby Tanngnjostr » November 6th, 2018, 9:02 am

TreeKiwi wrote:We actually were not sure how it would go! I was pretty sure the .223 would not feature highly, but I thought perhaps the other 3 would be a bit closer. Like mentioned by Strong, a .243 might have been nice! It is super early days, I have seen polls do stranger things :D

I understand. I'd love to see it in .308 for a challenge and game balancing reasons - since it provides help for a stable shot, you should at least be forced to hit a vital - but my experience is that the majority of players are not looking for game balance.
Image
User avatar
SoftShoe
Outfitter
Posts: 1070
Joined: January 10th, 2018, 1:40 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby SoftShoe » November 6th, 2018, 9:14 am

The Scout rifle is based on a short action which would preclude the 7mm from even being considered because it requires a long action if we wanted to be realistic.

I really dont think the 308 is bad at all & have never had a problem taking game with it so my vote is 308.

FWIW we already have several choices for rifles chambered in all of the aforementioned calibers. Would it be allot of extra trouble to maybe come up with a new caliber? If not how about the 300 Whisper more commonly called the 300 Blackout? It would fit this rifle & is subsonic which gives it interesting ballistics & trajectory that would be fun to use in Classic. Power wise it should be ethical for deer sized & smaller. Because its a subsonic round it is noticeably quieter than most firearms & should have a reduced spook distance. I own one & would be glad to provide any data you might need on it.

Image
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 2394
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby TreeKiwi » November 6th, 2018, 9:15 am

Tanngnjostr wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:We actually were not sure how it would go! I was pretty sure the .223 would not feature highly, but I thought perhaps the other 3 would be a bit closer. Like mentioned by Strong, a .243 might have been nice! It is super early days, I have seen polls do stranger things :D

I understand. I'd love to see it in .308 for a challenge and game balancing reasons - since it provides help for a stable shot, you should at least be forced to hit a vital - but my experience is that the majority of players are not looking for game balance.


We should start a new campaign #savethe.308 :lol:
User avatar
Nathan112244
Hunter
Posts: 706
Joined: February 23rd, 2018, 8:14 pm
Location: Somewhere up in the great white north eh

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby Nathan112244 » November 6th, 2018, 9:42 am

Out of these it gotta be a 7mm,
i wouldv'e liked a new caliber for this one though.

Like a 270 Wsm or 300 Wsm
User avatar
Nathan112244
Hunter
Posts: 706
Joined: February 23rd, 2018, 8:14 pm
Location: Somewhere up in the great white north eh

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby Nathan112244 » November 6th, 2018, 9:44 am

TreeKiwi wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:We actually were not sure how it would go! I was pretty sure the .223 would not feature highly, but I thought perhaps the other 3 would be a bit closer. Like mentioned by Strong, a .243 might have been nice! It is super early days, I have seen polls do stranger things :D

I understand. I'd love to see it in .308 for a challenge and game balancing reasons - since it provides help for a stable shot, you should at least be forced to hit a vital - but my experience is that the majority of players are not looking for game balance.


We should start a new campaign #savethe.308 :lol:


Im still a huge 308 fan, but i think the next 308, since its pretty weak in game, gotta be a semi auto.
User avatar
Giuh
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: April 24th, 2016, 11:24 pm
Location: Uruguay

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby Giuh » November 6th, 2018, 9:49 am

I think we yet need to see a good looking 7mm, so I'll go with that :P
 

TheHunter Profile
Since 2012 sucking at theHunter :D
User avatar
SoftShoe
Outfitter
Posts: 1070
Joined: January 10th, 2018, 1:40 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby SoftShoe » November 6th, 2018, 9:56 am

Nathan112244 wrote:i wouldv'e liked a new caliber for this one though.

Like a 270 Wsm or 300 Wsm


Those are some solid picks, I would get behind them as well! I've never owned one of the short magnums but toyed with the idea of buying one. I need another modern hunting rifle like I need another hole in the head though.

Image
User avatar
vortex1957
Tracker
Posts: 176
Joined: December 27th, 2014, 11:28 pm
Location: Alberta , Canada

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby vortex1957 » November 6th, 2018, 10:00 am

I voted for the 7mm because, why not.....
User avatar
saintsasius
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: August 27th, 2018, 9:28 am

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby saintsasius » November 6th, 2018, 10:00 am

7mm for the kill shot!
User avatar
BearJohnson
Scout
Posts: 298
Joined: May 22nd, 2018, 4:14 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Calibre Competition

Postby BearJohnson » November 6th, 2018, 10:02 am

I would like to do my vote as a write-in...

.30 Blackout with optional suppressor.

Yes. Yes.

I said suppressor.

Mua ha ha
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

Image

Return to “Official Community Competitions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest