Calibre Competition (New Voting Options)

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.

Which Calibre would you like 'The Scout' to come out in?

Poll ended at November 28th, 2018, 5:04 am

2%
26%
7mm-08
57%
15%

Total votes: 194
Ardillamente
Tracker

Re: Calibre Competition

Post by Ardillamente »

caledonianblues wrote:
Ardillamente wrote:I voted for 7mm. I see its at 65% too so its going to be the 1 I guess haha.
Is that why you voted for it? Just curious. I hope people don't check the results first then pick the winner :)
Haha no I was going to pick 7mm anyways, I just noticed after the fact that the bulk of people had done the same.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Re: Calibre Competition

Post by INTIMID883R »

Ardillamente wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:
Ardillamente wrote:I voted for 7mm. I see its at 65% too so its going to be the 1 I guess haha.
Is that why you voted for it? Just curious. I hope people don't check the results first then pick the winner :)
Haha no I was going to pick 7mm anyways, I just noticed after the fact that the bulk of people had done the same.
Well vote again, cause 7mm in no longer an option
Spoiler:
Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Re: Calibre Competition (New Voting Options)

Post by Rugged_Randy »

Before I give my vote, I would like to know if the .308 is going to get ballistics update?
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Rugged_Randy wrote:Before I give my vote, I would like to know if the .308 is going to get ballistics update?
That was never confirmed, or even suggested, by EW personnel anywhere.
Spoiler:
Buckbuster4

Post by Buckbuster4 »

I will strongly caution everyone who voted for the .243 against it because it will likely be underwhelming. The whole point of a rifle with a bipod is to have better stability for long range shots. When you use a rifle like the .243, you are limited to small game like foxes and coyotes and the medium sized deer. Understand, I am not crapping on the .243, I love the round and have taken more deer IRL when growing up than any other weapon. But the majority of the weapons in game are grossly underpowered, and this really shows in the .243. I feel as though the .308 would be a better choice because it at least will drop deer out at longer ranges than the .243 will atm. I know what many of you will likely say to this... that its time for a new .243 to come to the Hunter. I agree, we do need something better than the existing 1 shot rifles that we currently have. But I believe that the best way to utilize the current strong point for the .243 is to make a 5 shot semi-auto rifle for the cartridge. A fast firing .243 would be a joy to use in close quarters against all ethical species and would thrive in heavily wooded areas like Whitehart Island. That's the only way to do the .243 justice IMO.
Shieks

Post by Shieks »

I vote 7mm

Voted because honestly I use the 7mm magnum break rifle and the bullpup more than I use the the other calibers in the list. Stick to what works for me.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Shieks wrote:I vote 7mm

Voted because honestly I use the 7mm magnum break rifle and the bullpup more than I use the the other calibers in the list. Stick to what works for me.

But the one in the poll is not a 7mm, is a 7mm 08. I don't know to much about calibers but from what has been explained in by other people is closer to a .308, a good caliber rifle irl, but in game is considered under-powered, so voting for the 7mm 08 may be a risky bet. I voted for the .243, but i would suggest to people interested in the 7mm 08 to wait till next Wednesday Status Update, is possible that we get some info about what animals will be in the permitted list for that caliber and some other info. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

BuiuRei wrote:
Rugged_Randy wrote:Before I give my vote, I would like to know if the .308 is going to get ballistics update?
That was never confirmed, or even suggested, by EW personnel anywhere.
I'm hunting with the single shot .308 at the moment (to get 250 kills).

I can't say how much I "hate" that thing!

Feels like a airsoft pistol with gun sound emulator...

Example: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/oswa ... /625375975

Second was a headshot at 33meters, it did nothing..

So EW, please do an ballistic update to the .308

MfG L.E.

Lindhe

Post by Lindhe »

TreeKiwi wrote:I have talked to Pat about the Ethical list for the 7mm-08 and we have a few options:

Go a lighter grain bullet and the list will be Fox => Red Deer.

Or go a heavier grain bullet and the list will be Coyote => Elk.
Where do bears fit in? On my cheat-sheet bears have ended up "above" all deer, so will the 7mm-08 not be permitted for bear?
Hunter Profile:
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Lindhe wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:I have talked to Pat about the Ethical list for the 7mm-08 and we have a few options:

Go a lighter grain bullet and the list will be Fox => Red Deer.

Or go a heavier grain bullet and the list will be Coyote => Elk.
Where do bears fit in? On my cheat-sheet bears have ended up "above" all deer, so will the 7mm-08 not be permitted for bear?
On my cheat sheet the black bear has the same list as the two elk. All others bears are higher up.

So hopefully if elk was on the list for this 7mm-08, so should be black bear and also sambar deer. If not, I throw the towel for managing this cheat sheet... :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Official Community Competitions”