Calibre Competition (New Voting Options)

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.

Which Calibre would you like 'The Scout' to come out in?

Poll ended at November 28th, 2018, 5:04 am

2%
26%
7mm-08
57%
15%

Total votes: 194
Lamphunter
Hunter

Re: Calibre Competition

Post by Lamphunter »

Although i love the 7mm because it's a very effective caliber in the game and as it seems it will be the winner, i voted for the .243, so that it gets a decent number of votes and draw the attention of the devs and give us a new rifle with that caliber in the near future!
I would really like that because .243 is kind of neglected and it offers a very good solution for medium to small game! :)
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

I vote none of the above.
We already have 2 rifles in .243, 3 rifles in .223, 2 rifles in .308 plus 3 handguns in .308, 3 rifles in 7 mm. Why would we need yet another gun in the same calibre?
Why not something totally new for this gun, which looks fantastic by the way.

Couple of other options that this gun would be nice for:

1. .260 Remington (Good for small to medium game. Little more than a .243, but not quite a .270)
2. .280 Remington (Good for medium game)
Bratiszka

Post by Bratiszka »

it looks light that's why I chose .243
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Why not allow us to have all calibers with a new feature like you did with the drilling and allow us to purchase the gun with interchangeable barrels. A lot of modern firearms these days are designed such that they can fire multiple calibers by swapping barrels. Sell it with the .243 as the standard and allow the other barrels as seperate purchases.
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

Tod1d wrote:"The Steyr Scout is available in a choice of Black, Mud, Green and White, and it is available chambered in .223 Remington, .243 Winchester, 7mm-08 Remington and .308 Winchester calibers." - https://www.steyr-arms.com/us/steyr-scout.html

Is the 7mm in the poll the 7mm WM that we currently have in the game, or a new 7mm-08 round?
Make new ammo for it just for the change , already 3 gun have the same 7mm ammo

And i really suprised now dear EW in my 2year here i never seen thing like this you asked us what we want to see :)
Last edited by Dilaj on November 6th, 2018, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

JamboWhoDat wrote:Why not allow us to have all calibers with a new feature like you did with the drilling and allow us to purchase the gun with interchangeable barrels. A lot of modern firearms these days are designed such that they can fire multiple calibers by swapping barrels. Sell it with the .243 as the standard and allow the other barrels as seperate purchases.
This.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
shotgunjoe

Post by shotgunjoe »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote: I understand. I'd love to see it in .308 for a challenge and game balancing reasons - since it provides help for a stable shot, you should at least be forced to hit a vital - but my experience is that the majority of players are not looking for game balance.
We should start a new campaign #savethe.308 :lol:
How about just de-nerfing the one we already have? I used to kill Brown Bears with it at 200m. Now, the bear turns around looks at me, and just laughs, and keeps on waddling away.

Once in a while, before waddling away, it holds up a sign that says, "is that you again, TK?" :P
De-nerfing the weapons in the game would be awesome, love the k98 and was nerfed....miss her :cry:

The .308 is better than the 7mm....but not in this game lol
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Mills wrote:I vote none of the above.
We already have 2 rifles in .243, 3 rifles in .223, 2 rifles in .308 plus 3 handguns in .308, 3 rifles in 7 mm. Why would we need yet another gun in the same calibre?
Why not something totally new for this gun, which looks fantastic by the way.
This is a valid point!!
Mills wrote:...
Couple of other options that this gun would be nice for:

1. .260 Remington (Good for small to medium game. Little more than a .243, but not quite a .270)
I second a .260 Remington option(all .243 current animals permitted plus+ enough power for Black/White Tail deer, Bighorn, Dall Sheep) still need to vote, so

New Scout Rifle has a Magazine?? this answer will decide my vote between .243 and 7mm, and the reason that my vote will be to .243 follow is:

I love to use the Carbon .243 for Fox/Bobcat/Lynx/Coyote/Roo's/Roe Deer/Goats yes to weak for Dall/BT/WT Deer but even for Sitka Deer is a good option, but the issue of both current .243 rifles in Store is the lack of magazine!! The .243 and .270 are both original rifles next to .300 that are very precise and very good for long shots, the issue of the magazine is: bad shot at 100mts or more and for sure trophy will go away and prepare for a long tracking if is a Dall/Sitka/Coyote/Doe deer

Another question why .270 was not included?
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

First: Thanks EW for make this with community involved, that's a great steep in the right direction imo.

Second: Like many others, i choose the 7mm caliber, i think it would be good to go prone and take long distance shots at medium/large animals using its build in bipod, and for make it count that shot you need a good calibre, from the choices available the 7mm seems the most efficient. Now, as seen in the description, the movement freedom will be restricted when prone, that's why i don't think this make a good weapon for follow-up shoots, and for that, not the best choice to be the new .243 imo.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

FWIW I think chambering this in 7mm is a bad idea. As I stated earlier the 7mm Mag is a long cartridge & is chambered only in rifles with long actions (heavy). The scout rifle concept is light, handy & quick. They are chambered in short action calibers & typically mounted with a low to medium power long eye relief scope. A rifle chambered in 7mm mag is the polar opposite of this concept of rifle.

IMO to make a rifle viable you need to embrace its strengths with a nod to its weaknesses. A rifle like this should have a capacity of about 2.5 (predicated on the rather generous capacities of other rifles), be limited to a 2-6 or 2-8 scope & chambered in a short action caliber. Otherwise its just another do everything gun that lacks any character.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”