Calibre Competition (New Voting Options)

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.

Which Calibre would you like 'The Scout' to come out in?

Poll ended at November 28th, 2018, 5:04 am

2%
26%
7mm-08
57%
15%

Total votes: 194
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Calibre Competition (New Voting Options)

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hello hunters!

We had 174 hunters enter the competition for this rifle, but only three can win!

It gives me great pleasure to announce CalHunter, Uhtredson and Gravenslund as the winners!

You have until Friday to send me a message, so I can get you sorted. If a prize is not claimed I will run the random number generator again.

Congrats all and I am looking forward to getting my hands on this rifle myself!

Cheers,

TK
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

None of the winners have contacted me yet... It has been in the Status Update, In the forums and in social media. So I would say there is a good chance these guns will be going to new owners! If they have not been claimed by 10am CET tomorrow, a new draw is going to take place. So if you know the people, please get in touch!
Gravenslund
Tracker

Post by Gravenslund »

Wuuuhhhuuuuu... I have won!!
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hello all,

MudBug and Said2000 are the two new winners.

Congratulations! You have until 10am CET Monday morning to get in contact with me in the forum here to claim your Rifles.

If they are not claimed, the Prizes will be redrawn again.

TK
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Two new winners,

Villkatta and Jagdreviermeister... Please get in touch with me before 10am Tomorrow.

Cheers,

TK
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

TreeKiwi wrote:Two new winners,

Villkatta and Jagdreviermeister... Please get in touch with me before 10am Tomorrow.

Cheers,

TK
Why do the winners need to claim to their prizes? Chances are they might not even be on the forum again between now and tomorrow morning. They both have the same in-game usernames as they do forum names. Why not just issue the prizes and send them a PM with the good news? Otherwise you might be here next Christmas waiting for people to see the announcement and claim their prizes within the time frame.

Jagdreviermeister's forum avatar is the same as his game avatar, and everyone knows Villkatta. Would be a shame for them to lose the prizes because of a short absence from the forum.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

If you saw the amount of unopened pm's to previous winners of other prizes... you would understand.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

TreeKiwi wrote:If you saw the amount of unopened pm's to previous winners of other prizes... you would understand.
I get that, but in this example the 2 winners have the same in-game usernames, so it seems logical to just issue the prizes and let them find out when they check their inventories or look at at this thread.

What is it the winners have to confirm, or get in touch with you for?
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

You would think its that simple, but the amount of times people do not want the gift and want to give it to someone else, as has happened to you, you would be surprised. So confirmation of all prizes must be done in wording and sadly I can not assume anything, nobody should really though.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

TreeKiwi wrote:You would think its that simple, but the amount of times people do not want the gift and want to give it to someone else, as has happened to you, you would be surprised. So confirmation of all prizes must be done in wording and sadly I can not assume anything, nobody should really though.
It should be that simple! If people refusing gifts and asking for them to be given to other players is something that causes you an inordinate amount of administration, then write in the terms of the competition that it's not an option. Since the prize in question is a rifle that's not yet released, I can't imagine anyone not wanting it. But if that turned out to be the case, they could just message you afterwards to let you know. Chances are it wouldn't happen, and if it did it would still consume less of your time than what this approach probably has. You're making the exception the rule, which is just odd. What you're essentially doing is telling people that if they comment in the thread, they will be entered into the prize draw to potentially win one of the rifles, but then putting them at risk of losing out on the prize if they don't confirm that they actually want it within a relatively small window. Someone receiving the prize and not wanting it has nowhere near as negative an impact as someone finding out they almost won it, but missed out because they didn't get on the forum on time.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”