Calibre Competition (New Voting Options)

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.

Which Calibre would you like 'The Scout' to come out in?

Poll ended at November 28th, 2018, 5:04 am

2%
26%
7mm-08
57%
15%

Total votes: 194
abslayer
Master Competitor

Re: Calibre Competition (New Voting Options)

Post by abslayer »

Lets Get some things straight 308 cal is a pop gun compared to 7MM-08 which is a canon
7mm-08 Defeats 308” Claims
Hey, I’m sorry, but physics is physics and truth is truth. Run the ballistics, shoot the bullets, look at the holes — and the truth shall set you free. The 308 Winchester — efficient and popular though it may be — just can’t outmuscle its descendent, the 7mm-08. Or the 260 Remington, another direct descendent — not even if you load that 308 Win. with some of the sleekest, most efficient, low-drag, high B.C. bullets on today’s market.

Well the simple answer taken right out of my uncles mouth who hunts with a 7mm is, a 308 will drop a deer, but a 7mm will cut it in half. It makes it easier to carry out of the woods.

All the firearms in game are lacking real world ballistics
When in game one can knock down a elk on his a-- one shot with bow , however shoot one with a \
30-06 / 7mm / 300 / and away he goes WHATTT that should be the first clue something is wrong.

IRH my last rifle was a 270 SM 140gr bullet and with this I shot 26 MD deer and WT with it from 75m out to 500m
ONLY ONE ran more than 20 FEET

Tracking a rifle shot wounded animal in game has turned into a marathon , even lung shot go three times as far as they should
This all took place when the so called blood hound dog were released
tight leaf

Post by tight leaf »

I would personally say that the rifle should be a 7mm or a .243. With a .243 you could hunt deer and fox sized game. But with a 7mm, you can hunt alot more variety of game, ranging from coyote to bison. Players will want to use such a weapon for long shots, and bison are great targets for making long shots. And with personal experience in game, .308 isn't even that good.
greylaghunter
Scout

Post by greylaghunter »

would it be too much of a problem to make it with interchangeable barrels
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

greylaghunter wrote:would it be too much of a problem to make it with interchangeable barrels

It may be, or maybe not, after all is that what they manage to do with the Drilling? at least in part, but even if were possible, what sell more?, a Rifle where you can buy cheap barrels to cover the desired species, or many more expensive different rifles? at least EW consider than the last one is more profitable, and profits are a big part of the deal, after all this is a business.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
I_Does_English

Post by I_Does_English »

I voted for 7mm-08, because personally it's suitable for all of the species I mainly focus on hunting in game.
- When comparing 7mm-08 to a .308, the only permitted species that differ are bison and banteng. With the fairly recently increased render distance, the folding bipod would make super long shots on bison a lot easter, especially because in Whiterime Ridge the full extent of the render range can be fully exploited. In the banteng's case, a very common hunting method I've seen people use while hunting on Picabeen Bay is simply following the river, so if the caliber of the rifle is legal for banteng, it makes it easier to take those long shots at banteng along the length of the river.
- I reckon there's no point in making it .243, as that is the gun and calibre that everybody gets when they first join the game, so a lot of people wouldn't bother buying it.
- As for .223, not many of the species permitted for that ammunition are frequently hunted at long range, making the bipod a bit less useful. Also, if people have the semi-auto (very awesome looking) .223, I doubt they would want to buy this gun, especially because it is bolt-action, making reload times slower.

Oh yeah, I also voted this calibre because I am intending on buying a 7mm-08 as my first every gun in real life, so I might be a bit biased :lol:
My theHunter username is sammyt89 :-)
Check out my YouTube channel for IRL hunting and fishing in the wilds of NZ! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPLxdo ... FDYlS8N5UA
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Only 243 ammo and the standard 243 rifles are free in game.
This rifle would still have to be bought with cash if it comes out in 243, but for free players the bonus would be the free ammo.
Same applies to all 12G shotguns. The single shot is free but all others must be bought, also giving free players the bonus of free ammo.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Not to shot down the hopes, but this 7mm probably wont be ethical for large game, at least not Bison or Banteng size, this is a quote from TreeKiwi about the possible ethical list:
I have talked to Pat about the Ethical list for the 7mm-08 and we have a few options:

Go a lighter grain bullet and the list will be Fox => Red Deer.

Or go a heavier grain bullet and the list will be Coyote => Elk.
Its a scout rifle, so it seem more oriented to middle game, maybe will be the first one to be ethical from foxes to Red Deer, since we already have some others than can take from coyotes to Elk.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Bratiszka

Post by Bratiszka »

As I said, it looks small, is why .243
Uhtredson

Post by Uhtredson »

I vote for the 7mm-08, as it is a different round than what is available now. The Scout rifle on the other hand is something that I do love and thank you for offering this rifle!
SPAWNANUBIS
Tracker

Post by SPAWNANUBIS »

I stick with 7mm-08 . I need power and distance .

Return to “Official Community Competitions”