Calibre Competition (New Voting Options)

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.

Which Calibre would you like 'The Scout' to come out in?

Poll ended at November 28th, 2018, 5:04 am

2%
26%
7mm-08
57%
15%

Total votes: 194
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Calibre Competition (New Voting Options)

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey all,

It is such a tricky situation to be in here, if I restart the poll I actually have to make a whole new thread as well, not just the poll. Which I think will lose a lot of good discussion?

I have changed the main title of the thread so people should be able to see the difference, I will also run some ads in Facebook and Twitter today. Next week's Status Update will have a good write up in it as well. Remember it is open for four weeks total, I am pretty confident we can get the message across to all that have already voted in that time.

I will try and get a loose list from Pat today in regards to the range of animals you can expect to use the 7mm-08 round on!

I understand it's not ideal, I was just trying to be more reactive to all the good feedback that was happening in the thread :)

Cheers,

TK
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The only thing I can contribute is that the voting title should say "come out in" instead of "come out it", I believe... :lol:
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

HooCairs wrote:The only thing I can contribute is that the voting title should say "come out in" instead of "come out it", I believe... :lol:
Fixed! Thanks.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I am going to vote after all. I would like to see a .243 with a magazine. We only have one model right now in this caliber and it is single shot.

Edit: Plus, have you checked the permitted ammo list on the wiki lately? This is all getting super complicated and every additional caliber with its separate list of permitted animals makes it really hard for players to know what they can shoot if the information is not shown in the game. You almost need a cheat sheet next to you now every time you start a hunt.

https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Permitted_Ammo :o ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TheHunter-Master
Spotter

Post by TheHunter-Master »

HooCairs wrote: Edit: Plus, have you checked the permitted ammo list on the wiki lately? This is all getting super complicated and every additional caliber with its separate list of permitted animals makes it really hard for players to know what they can shoot if the information is not shown in the game. You almost need a cheat sheet next to you now every time you start a hunt.
Dont worry, Doc will always be there for all of us :D
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

TheHunter-Master wrote:
HooCairs wrote: Edit: Plus, have you checked the permitted ammo list on the wiki lately? This is all getting super complicated and every additional caliber with its separate list of permitted animals makes it really hard for players to know what they can shoot if the information is not shown in the game. You almost need a cheat sheet next to you now every time you start a hunt.
Dont worry, Doc will always be there for all of us :D
No kidding Doc told me I couldn't use a .270 on an elk today!!! I told him he was nuts that elk dropped in his tracks.... He didn't reply....
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Give Foxes some love! You missed the plank with 6.5x too
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

HooCairs wrote:… Plus, have you checked the permitted ammo list on the wiki lately? … You almost need a cheat sheet next to you now every time you start a hunt.
Time for something like this:

http://thehuntertools.huntertalk.de/thweapons/

Only official from EW.

Please web based and useable on touch displays like tablets/smartphones.

I'm playing on a 4K tv an always have a surface 3 tablet at my side to get informations like permitted ammo.

MfG L.E.

INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

HooCairs wrote:I am going to vote after all. I would like to see a .243 with a magazine. We only have one model right now in this caliber and it is single shot.

Edit: Plus, have you checked the permitted ammo list on the wiki lately? This is all getting super complicated and every additional caliber with its separate list of permitted animals makes it really hard for players to know what they can shoot if the information is not shown in the game. You almost need a cheat sheet next to you now every time you start a hunt.

https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Permitted_Ammo :o ;)
Yeah I for one really would like to know why the .300 and the 9.3x74 is good for coyote, but the .30 OU is not.
Spoiler:
FOCRJ
Spotter

Re: Concurso de Calibre (novo opções de votação)

Post by FOCRJ »

It will be a great purchase made by me of this new 7mm so I voted !!! Accuracy is everything!

Return to “Official Community Competitions”