Calibre Competition (New Voting Options)

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.

Which Calibre would you like 'The Scout' to come out in?

Poll ended at November 28th, 2018, 5:04 am

2%
26%
7mm-08
57%
15%

Total votes: 194
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Re: Calibre Competition

Post by XxStrong1xX »

If you're going to create a new caliber i would like to see something different than what we have like a .300 WSM. Heck I'd really like to see a modern bolt action 30-06. But I see 7mm-08 just being another dud in the game like the .308 currently is.

Changed my vote to .243
Last edited by XxStrong1xX on November 8th, 2018, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

DanthemanBoone wrote: The 7mm 08 is a necked down version of a 308, using the same cartridge as the .308 but a smaller .284 projectile.
He has the right of it. The 243, 308 & 7mm 08 are all based on the same cartridge. The only difference being bullet size (weight) & the resulting changes to velocity & trajectory.

The 243 need a buff in game because it really is a solid cartridge IRL.

If this truly is a new caliber, not just re-branding 7mm mag as the 7-08 then I would be all for it! As has been said, ethical list should be identical to the 308.

EmmaHunter
Outfitter

Post by EmmaHunter »

I'd say a 7-08. Like previous users have said, that is if it will actually be a 7-08 and not just a rebranded 7mm.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

EmmaHunter wrote:I'd say a 7-08. Like previous users have said, that is if it will actually be a 7-08 and not just a rebranded 7mm.
Mat confirmed that if 7mm is the chosen calibre, then it will be a brand new ammo type representative of the 7mm-08. I suspect this will still end up being the winner.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

caledonianblues wrote:
EmmaHunter wrote:I'd say a 7-08. Like previous users have said, that is if it will actually be a 7-08 and not just a rebranded 7mm.
Mat confirmed that if 7mm is the chosen calibre, then it will be a brand new ammo type representative of the 7mm-08. I suspect this will still end up being the winner.
Well, since 7-08 isn't by far as powerful as 7mm Rem Mag, I'm switching my vote to the .243, even though I know it won't make the slightest difference.

Imho this poll is totally invalid now.
Spoiler:
aarontmaxey

Post by aarontmaxey »

308. It's the perfect gun for my hunting. Not too big not too small.
marelitus

Post by marelitus »

ohh, sry, forgot my previos message...

if we speak about new caliber...
I can't choose between 243 and 308, because i dont think that we really need new caliber in the game

223 - I did not use, but it covers too few animals
243 - I like the idea of adding another rifle to this caliber, but he is very weak already on the small deers.
(one of the recent hunt - Alpine ibex from 90 meters shot to the lungs, but only counted the body, and this is not an one example)
308 - i don`t use it too, but saw a lot of video, that it very weak for middle game

I tend to choose 243, if it penetration is increased for ibex/goat/small deers ;-)
Last edited by marelitus on November 8th, 2018, 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

As for me, the universal cartridge - only 7-08mm)))))
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey all,

Wow, absolutely mind blowing responses and feedback. I have been talking to game designer Pat about it all and we have changed one of the options slightly.
The reason for these calibre choices, as some have worked out, is because we have based this gun off a real life rifle and these are the calibres it comes out with.

However I have changed two things in the poll now, the 7mm has been replaced with 7mm-08 and if this round was selected, we would make a new round in game, i.e not the same as the other 7mm rounds.
The second thing I have done is opened the Poll up so people can change their votes.

Again, it's so awesome to see all the constructive comments and feedback, great stuff!

TK
IMO it would be best to close this pole and start a new one simply because most will think it is the same round as the 7mm Magnum and as such they are voting from the permitted species list.
Spoiler:
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Since the 7mm isn't going to be the 7mm Rem Mag, I changed my vote to the .243
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Return to “Official Community Competitions”