Hot Spots Competition

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Re: Hot Spots Competition

Post by DaveyCockett »

Field target in TheHunter Classic.

.1 a few videos to get you an idea of what field target is and how huge it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBqOyGwCWwk The second video is my team and I getting ready for the nationals. His $3,500 gun vs my $300 gun lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5auHxnOqTk.

.2 With the pellet drop and target kill zone sizes how they are now. We will have to set up between 45m-125m If we can get a little more drop on the pellet and two smaller sized kill zones. The ranges will be the same as in real life. No range finder allowed or range markers. Bracket ranging is the only way to judge range. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-WNofGasFo

.3 There will be 7 lanes, 3 targets per lane, 2 shots per target for a total of 42 shots, 7 points each hit, 294 points if you hit all of em. This can be turned into a grand prix over a month or longer with multiple matches. The 3 highest scores of any match you have shot count towards your total in the grand prix. So if you shoot 5 matches you only get to keep your 3 highest scores. It will not cost ammo so members and guests can enter.

.4 The course will never be the same. You get one chance per set up this would be easiest if we could get a random course generator with dedicated server so no host is needed. But can be done with a host letting groups shoot the course taking scores and bringing in next group.

This opens a window to add more air rifles. I would like to see a .177 springer and a big bore as well.

I will be setting one of these up when I get all the targets and mats for it.
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Thanks TK, great competition, here is my participation :)

I want to join the Hot Spot competition, not the House Rules competition.

Hot Spot:
Bow Range @ Timbergold Trails - North Lake - Picnic area.

I'we used deer and bear targets @ 25 - 30 - 35 - 40 - 50 - 60 - 70 - 80 meters. And a field target @ 45m.
All targets can be hit either standing or crouching, but not at prone.

House Rules:
1. Bow only, no tracer arrows.
2. Shoot the targets 1 to 8 with the smallest ammount of arrows (Score = 32)
3. If 2 or more persons ends on the same ammount of arrows, use the sudden death field target.

Here is the hot spot shown from a distance.

And here standing on the podium, 1 Mat on the ground.

1st. target, a deer @ 25m slightly rotated. This makes it a bit more difficult to hit.

2nd. target, a bear @ 30m rotated a bit more.

3rd. target, a deer @ 35m rotated just a little bit.

4th. target, a bear @ 40m in the bush, the red hitmark is slightly visible (done on prupose).

5th. target, a bear @ 50m.

6th. target, a deer @ 60m. This is placed above the heat waves from the picnic fireplace, this makes it more difficult to hit.

7th. target, a bear @ 70m.

8th. target, a deer @ 80m.

9th. target, a sudden death field @ 45m.

Happy Hunting - PB
My forum post no. 1000 -> I level up to Outfitter :D

rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I chose Bushranger Run and divided this in three separate spots.

Where the green range is in a random order with animal targets at different ranges. up to 165m. Meant for handguns or unscoped rifles.

The blue range is in a cresent shape up to 100m. Meant for bow, handguns or unscoped rifles. consisting on 3pt field targets and several bunny targets.

the red range is a field target range from 150m up to 320m for scoped rifles and long range challenges. (yes you can hit the target at 320m with an airrifle :) )
RegimentsTyp2

Post by RegimentsTyp2 »

Moin guys

These are my shooting ranges.
I have decided to split my shoting ranges in to different categories.

This is a short trailer for my ranges: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyMYSpA ... e=youtu.be

The first range is my pistol and bow shooting range and is located on Whitehart Island.

Targets: 2x Deployable Target - Deer White, 1x Deployable Target - Field Beige
House Rules: only pistol without scope or bow and crossbow / the player with the higest score will win
(if two or more players have the same score the one with the fewest shots will win)

The second range is my rifle shooting range and located on Logger's Point.

Targets: Deployable Target - Rabbit Black, Deployable Target - Deer Black, Deployable Target - Bear Black,
Deployable Target - Field Colored - Accurate
House Rules: only bolt action rifle with every scope / the player with the higest score will win
(if two or more players have the same score the one with the fewest shots will win)

I hope you like my shoting ranges ^^
MfG Alex

P.S.: every target is placed perfectly to ...,00
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

RegimentsTyp2 wrote:This is a short trailer for my ranges: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyMYSpA ... e=youtu.be
Really great video, nice work!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

caledonianblues wrote:
RegimentsTyp2 wrote:This is a short trailer for my ranges: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyMYSpA ... e=youtu.be
Really great video, nice work!
I second that!
Image Image Image
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Who won?
Spoiler:
RegimentsTyp2

Post by RegimentsTyp2 »

Who is the winner?
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

I've pinged Mat for his input. Sorry this got delayed. Watch this space!
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

Hi all!

Apologies for the delay on this, I've been swamped with solo holding down the fort. I've sweetened the deal a little by also giving all winners an extra 500 em$ along with their prizes. And the winners are....

Hot Spots
Rhapsodaisical
Pretty_Boy
RegimentsTyp2

House Rules
Pittie

Big congrats to the winners! I can't wait to see mat put his recurve bow skills to the test trying out Pittie's rules with the community on stream!

IMPORTANT: Please reply to this thread with exactly what you'd like your winnings to consist of as per the competition rules.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”