Hot Spots Competition

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hot Spots Competition

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hot Spots

Now that the new 'Deployable Targets' have been released, there are lots of questions flying around asking "Where are the best spots to set them up?"

So this competition is very simple, we would like to see and hear from everyone about their favorite 'Hot Spots'. On top of that, if you have set up some shooting competitions, what targets are you using and what 'House Rules' are you using?

To enter the 'Hot Spot' competition, all you need to do is provide one or more screen shots of your set up and write a little about it (The shot lengths, location etc).
To enter the 'House Rules' competition, let us know your 'house rules' and how the targets are setup. It is up to you how you present this, pictures, videos or just text can be used. Maybe you want to show us your set up in real time and feel a video does it more justice?

There will be two prize categories:

Best Hot Spot Prizes:

Three winners will be selected and all get their choice of any 6 Targets and or Mats. (Winners can select which of the styles)

Best House Rules:

One lucky winner that has the most fun and innovative set of rules will receive all the Targets and Shooting Mats. On top of that, we will host the winning competition Live on Stream.

Contestants do not have to enter both competitions, for instance you might only want to enter the 'House Rules' competition.

Winners will be announced Friday the 22nd of June, which gives everyone two weeks!

Any questions, fire them in here or feel free to send me a PM!

Good luck everyone!

TK
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Re: Hot Spots Competition

Post by INTIMID883R »

Sadly all I could show anyone is flags. I have a field archery range lay out, but no archery targets for the course.
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

INTIMID883R wrote:Sadly all I could show anyone is flags. I have a field archery range lay out, but no archery targets for the course.
Not many people could pull off the amazing shots you do Tony! :)
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I was working on a target comp this is what I have so far. It was not finished but I feel it is understandable enough. I was trying to work in all weapon categories while still keeping it some what challenging

Top Shot Target Competition Rules
20 unmarked targets five sets of four 2 shots per target
Set one 60 to 100 meters air rifle only
Set two 150 to 250 meters plinkington or air rifle only
Set three 250 to 350 meters; Classic rifles only
Set four 400 to 450 meters any rifle
Set five Showdown 180 meters pistols (revolvers only) Top three after set four compete for the win.

No range finders during competition. Rangefinders may be used during practice time before the competition starts. If rangefinders are used during the competition either while on the mat or off that target group will be forfeit.
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Trying to post some screen shots here along with a discription but getting an error "Your message contains to fee characters".

Theres gotta be a couple hundred characters in my post.

INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

TreeKiwi wrote:
INTIMID883R wrote:Sadly all I could show anyone is flags. I have a field archery range lay out, but no archery targets for the course.
Not many people could pull off the amazing shots you do Tony! :)
Nothing amazing about the field range course, it is the standard course used for years by Bow Hunters. Usually setup with 3D targets on a modern course. Back in the day we used paper targets with animal pictures pinned to excelsior bails stacked for the back ground.

Thanks for the compliment, but nothing amazing about my shots, all it takes is practice and patience.
Spoiler:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

SoftShoe wrote:Trying to post some screen shots here along with a discription but getting an error "Your message contains to fee characters".

Theres gotta be a couple hundred characters in my post.
If your using Google Photos it won't work. Try https://postimages.org , it is free and works very well.
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Thanks but I am using my own domain. Most of the pics I post here the images are hosted there. This is a 1st time getting this error. I was wondering if it might be a constraint placed on this specific board/thread.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Nothing fancy, I have created a target range for testing. The current layout is Rabbit at 160m, Deer at 240m, Bear at 360m, Gong at 430m & Gong at 590m. I intend to replace the animals with more gongs & adjust placement slightly for a more precise 150m-250m-350m-450m-600m.

Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Hello :)

Here is my Recurve Bow Parcours in the North of Rougarou Bayou. 7 Field Target are used between 20 and 60 meters. The Range I change from time to time. ;)
Sometimes Rangefinder is allowed, sometimes not. (The Animal Targets I don't like, because of the only one aimpoint.)

My Rules are simple:
A competition consist of 2-3 Rounds and the Player has 3 shots per Target. The maximum points are 420 for 2 Rounds and 630 for 3 Rounds. But it's very hard to catch this. :D
All Player must use the same Recurve and Arrow.

Target 3 at 42 m.
Target 4 at 36 m.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Return to “Official Community Competitions”