Valentine's Event 2018

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
Patrick Enz
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Valentine's Event 2018

Post by Patrick Enz »

VonStratos wrote:I wish there were cupid arrows for crossbow, but then again i guess Cupid never heard about crossbows. Just to be clear, it says any animal killed with cupid arrow gives 5 hearts, that includes birds like pheasants and turkeys too?
Exactly. You get 5 heart$ by shooting birds with cupid arrows as well. It applies to all animals in general :)
Patrick Enz I Game Designer
Evik03

Post by Evik03 »

FR_Bugs wrote:
Each day of the event you have a new competition, each competition is for 48 hours, check the multispecies comps ;)

https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions/upcoming/100
Ок. Thanks ;)
Evik03

Post by Evik03 »

Patrick Enz wrote: Hm, it should cycle through the different competitions that pop up each day but our campaign manager seems to be bugging out. We will try to do some fixes on that on our end if possible for this event.
Not the first time I participate in events and already got used to the fact that every day changing tasks. But apparently this time the developers have other plans
dools24
Tracker

Post by dools24 »

Griph wrote:
dools24 wrote: We are talking about being able to compete in the main event and have any chance of placing not the missions or side comps going on, this event will be won on who has the most cupid arrows no other way.
I'm pretty sure the thread is about the event as a whole. I suppose you can prioritize whatever part you want, but, again, only three people will really benefit from what you call "the main event." I prefer to focus on the part I actually benefit from: the missions, the sales, etc. You can win quite a bit of em$ in the daily competitions without buying anything.

Your claim that the competition will be won on who has the most cupid arrows is just a silly exaggeration. Some of you guys are just glass half full (or less) kind of guys, I guess.
yes your right looks like it will be won by not even hunting just running round collecting
can win em$ in comps any day of the year be good to have a good comp with good prizes like a membership that have to do with hunting skills
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Disregard...likely my fault. Just read "Male Grizzly, Female Brown Bear" in comp details.
Last edited by Deconstructed on February 13th, 2018, 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

the comps are not shown when you click on the banner. its only the roses-mission. i only found them by accident at the bottom of the site.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

If you guys are having problems finding the Valentine's competitions.

Click the Competitions button in the launcher > scroll down to the bottom > click the competition with the appropriate name and gold logo.

Cheers
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

RidgeBack69 wrote:Here is the first one:
https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions/details/60867
And here is the Second:
https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions/details/60868

I didn't want to wait until EW fixed the banner or for one of the competitors let anyone know.
Thanks.
As we can see the banner is still broken. And looks like maybe it will even remain this way - not showing new competitions when it should.
TreeKiwi wrote:If you guys are having problems finding the Valentine's competitions.

Click the Competitions button in the launcher > scroll down to the bottom > click the competition with the appropriate name and gold logo.

Cheers
Thanks to you too, TK. It's a good trick, but hey, what on Earth is going on that every year something essential doesn't work? If my work had the same outcome my employer would kick me out without any hesitation.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Longmann wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:Here is the first one:
https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions/details/60867
And here is the Second:
https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions/details/60868

I didn't want to wait until EW fixed the banner or for one of the competitors let anyone know.
Thanks.
As we can see the banner is still broken. And looks like maybe it will even remain this way - not showing new competitions when it should.
TreeKiwi wrote:If you guys are having problems finding the Valentine's competitions.

Cheers
Thanks to you too, TK. It's a good trick, but hey, what on Earth is going on that every year something essential doesn't work? If my work had the same outcome my employer would kick me out without any hesitation.
Thanks for the heads up with the banner guys. We are looking into it. You should be able to still activate missions and competitions through the respective in game tabs though still :)
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Nice event. Although I'm not going to compete with the insane Heart$ leaderboard :lol:

It will be a tower and a wooden trophy. Perhaps also a scent spray. Thumbs up.

And by the way, regarding the comps:
It's very nice to see absolutely no complaints at all. Not a single sound anywhere. That it can be done in MP. I just wish this could be implemented more permanently as well.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”