Valentine's Event 2018

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Valentine's Event 2018

Post by TreeKiwi »

Welcome to theHunter’s traditional Valentine's Event! Complete daily events and gather heart$ points to win awesome prizes.
The Details:
  • The event runs from February 12th 00:00 CET until February 19th 01:00 CET.
  • The event consists of special daily competitions from Monday to Saturday, each lasting 48 hours, which can be found and activated via the Competitions tab.
  • The main Valentine's Event campaign competition has special score points - heart$, which can be collected during the event. There are multiple ways to collect heart$.
    1. Each holiday competition rewards 100 heart$ simply for getting a score on the leaderboard.
    2. Any animal you harvest during the event with a Cupid Arrow will be rewarded with 5 heart$, additionally, a heart shot with a Cupid Arrow rewards 15 heart$.
    3. Finishing the mission pack “Roses” will reward you with 50 heart$.
    4. Picking up a Pink or White Valentine’s Rose will reward you with 3 heart$, Red Valentine’s Roses which are rarer to find reward 9 heart$.
  • Rewards: the first three trophies, together with 12-, 6-, and 3-month memberships and a Valentine’s themed Hunting Backpack, will be awarded to the top three people on the main leaderboard. The hematite trophy and 700 em$ will be awarded to players who will end up on places 4 - 10 on the leaderboard. The wooden trophy will be awarded to everyone who has collected 250 heart$. Check out the progress bar on the event page by clicking on the top banner to learn more about conditions and rewards.
ImageImageImageImageImage
  • Winners in separate daily competitions will be awarded with these trophies.
ImageImageImageImage
  • New sales every day (for more information make sure to regularly check banner images on the main page and / or our social media updates).
  • Cupid Arrows will be available throughout the whole event and will be removed from the store at the end of the event, until next year's Valentine's event.
  • The Valentine’s Heartful Dog Backpack will once again be available in the store until the end of the event.
  • We have also included a special new item this year, the matching Heartful Hunting Backpack. It will be available in the store and as a prize for some of our lucky winners.
ImageImage
  • A special mission pack called “Guns” will be active throughout the whole event. Complete it and win a Deployable Hunting Tower - Bare Wood. The mission can be activated on the Missions page.

Happy Heart Hunting!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Valentine's Event 2018

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Nice effort trying to curb the spawn and tent mashing. It looks like it could be fun. But you have to use cupid arrows to score hearts from hunting. I think Heart shots with normal arrows would have been a better choice with the cupid arrows giving the bonus. But it might work we shall see.
Spoiler:
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Will the heart shots with normal replenish-able arrows work for at least 1 $heart at least? ;)
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Cool looking trophies - will definitely grab the wood rose & do the missions.

But aren't these events usually announced in the "Latest news & announcement" forum??

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

curlyCoyote wrote:Will the heart shots with normal replenish-able arrows work for at least 1 $heart at least? ;)
According to this.
TreeKiwi wrote: [*]Any animal you harvest during the event with a Cupid Arrow will be rewarded with 5 heart$, additionally, a heart shot with a Cupid Arrow rewards 15 heart$.
Only Cupid arrows will get you hearts by hunting.

I don't know if that is a mistake or not.
Spoiler:
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

Nice looking event and trophies. Still have quite a few cupid arrows from previous events so they should come in handy this year it would seem :)
I've managed to finish one mission, but I have not seen any comps available yet for the event.
Also I noticed the header on the website does not work when clicked on, it says "click here" but nothing. Not sure if it links here or if it should bring up an overlay like previous events did?
Anyways, I should have a bit of time this week to enter most of the events at least :)

Edit: Might actually get around to bagging my first Sambar. Guess I am going to have to at some stage for the missions, haha.

HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I can see the banner in top of the page in the launcher and the website, but when I click on it, nothing happened!
Does anybody else have this issue or it's just me?
Season Stats
Spoiler:
kateeye

Post by kateeye »

HD_Artworks wrote:I can see the banner in top of the page in the launcher and the website, but when I click on it, nothing happened!
Yes i have the same issue
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

HD_Artworks wrote:I can see the banner in top of the page in the launcher and the website, but when I click on it, nothing happened!
Same problem here.

HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

I cleared the game/launcher cache so I can see the missions but the banner is not working for me either.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”