Valentine's Event 2018

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Valentine's Event 2018

Post by Tod1d »

RidgeBack69 wrote:But I have to know what you were thinking making the main event pay to win?
I kind of know I won't get an answer as it seams any question I ask gets avoided or ignored but I just wanted to make sure that you know not everyone thinks it was OK.
I think this is a "point of view" / "perception" problem. If you don't look at the "main event" as a main event, and rather just another competition, then it's just a comp that you might not be interested in.
There were comps every day, a mission pack where you could win a tower, a mission where you collected roses, a "mission" to collect 250 heart points that awarded a wood trophy, and a big comp that awarded the other trophies & membership extensions.

The fallacy is in believing that all of the missions & comps should be set up to accommodate everyone. This is unreasonable, and rather impossible.
I suspect that many of the people striving for the "main event" didn't spend the extra time to focus on the other competition objectives, and rather just focused on shooting the easiest targets to rack up the heart points.

And the "main event" wasn't truly, technically, "pay to win". If you had enough gm$, you could compete and not spend a penny of real money. I'm not sure how many cupid arrows the 1st place winner used. I, for example, have enough gm to buy about 1500 cupid arrows, plus the 500 I already have in my inventory.
I however, didn't have the time to invest to make a run at the top positions, so I didn't even bother trying. That comp wasn't for me, but that doesn't bother me. It was for the players that have unlimited time to spend hunting.

A little math: (just for giggles)
The winner had 9343 heart points
points for comps: 500
points for roses mission: 50
picking up roses: 400 (assume they picked up 3x as many pink & white roses as red, and only picked up 100 roses)
That leaves about 8400 points from harvests.
(assume 20% heart shots on the total animals shot with cupid arrows, 5 points for a kill, 15 points for a heart shot)
number of cupid arrows required for the remaining 8400 points = 1200 (255,920 gm$)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Tod1d,
I agree with every thing you say here except it not being pay to win. Gm$ or EM$ even if having a large amount of GM$ means you don't have to spend real money you still use it up and end up having to use EM$ to buy other consumable items in game. So one would have to buy Cupid arrows to place in the Top 3 no matter what and that would lead to spending real money either now or in the future.

I have never had a problem with the grinding in these events only the spawn mashing.
Spoiler:
HighPlainsDrifter
Spotter

Post by HighPlainsDrifter »

I still haven't received my scent eliminater!

Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

Why did several people appear to get the same 5th place trophy with the white rose?

Wait, I just checked my trophies, and I have one of those too! What does it mean?
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Everyone not in the top 10 who acquired enough hearts the got 5th place trophy and a scent eliminator.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Griph wrote:Why did several people appear to get the same 5th place trophy with the white rose?

Wait, I just checked my trophies, and I have one of those too! What does it mean?
It doesn't really mean 5th place, it's just the fifth tier trophy. Everyone who managed to get 250 heart$ got it.

EDIT: Seifer, that's the second time today!!! :P
Image Image Image
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
EDIT: Seifer, that's the second time today!!! :P
;) :) :D
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Eliminator is there, many thanks EW
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Got one too. Had no idea if I qualified or not. Thanks EW. I can spray it on the carcasses in TGT :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

So which one did you get? The big one with 50 uses? Because I don't think I have received anything.
Image Image Image

Return to “Official Community Competitions”