Design Your Dream Lodge!

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
andrefrcaetano

Re: Design Your Dream Lodge!

Post by andrefrcaetano »

My dream Trophy Lodge would be something like this:
Fully made out of Wood and Stone, it would be a hut with a big fireplace in it, with 2 or 3 confy wooden chairs straight in front of it.
In the middle, the lodge would have a big chandelier made out of deer sheds found in the nearby woods, and straight under it would be a fake bear coat asembling a carpet.
Of course it would have alot of mounted animals, the majority being deer (whitetails, mulies...), some small game like pheasants and at least a bobcat or a predator of this kind.
Also would need to have some kind of weapon exhibition, both for fireguns (mainly rifles) and for bows and/or crossbows.
Then some plants and some more furniture and decorations (like hunting paintings made by hand) and it would be perfect ^^
Thanks for everyone who reads this =)
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Wow, this is a good thread with already many good ideas! I'll add a brainstorm ;)
1. I would like the Lodge to be an Icon on the map decided by Its owner.
2. Player possibility to spawn inside Lodge when starting the game for example.
3. Fireplace sound with something burning in the fireplace.
4. A wax figure of your favorite dog.
5. A Sign on the wall with your Lodge Name.
6. More lights or lightening effect on whats hanging on the wall.
7. Some burning candle lights.
8. Possibility to sit in the chair and play a card game or cabal, maybe a chess game that is playable, a 1 or 2 player game.
9. Portrait and Landscape photo frames with option to select from our Trophy shot gallery, with crop options and fixed xy ratio matching the frames.
10.1. A chalkboard on the wall with basic Hunter information, a scroll down menu maybe with some options.
10.2. On the same chalkboard a possibility to write Multiplayer Rules or your favorite quote.

Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Make the following things possible:
1. Skull mounts.
2. Photo frames for own trophy shots/other photos
3. Being able to swap a big platform into 1-2 smaller ones.
3. Full body mount in classic lodge.

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

While I have a lot of ideas for options in the perfect lodge (many I share with others, as most have already been listed in this thread!), I do have an idea for what could be an interesting design for a lodge. If you've ever been in a major hunting/outdoors store before, you've likely seen something along these lines.

The lodge would be one large room, with steps on either side leading up to a second "floor" which would just be a a platform that wraps around the room. Similar to the way the rustic lodge is now, but instead of two small landings it would be an actual walkaround platform around the room. The reason for this platform would be for optimal viewing of the large display in the middle of the room. It would be a single large mountain-shaped structure visible from 360 degrees, covered in places for full-body mounts of all sizes. The display would have different environments incorporated into it's decor, and as you walk around the display each quarter or so of it would represent a different biome. A snowy biome for mounting your polar bears, sitkas, bison, so on. Then a desert-like section which could be used for anything from pigs to kangaroos to hares. A summer forest with red foxes and whitetails and black bears. Then maybe a fall field with hogs and mule deer and geese. The center of the display (which would be visible from all sides) would be a rocky mountain, with spaces for bighorn, dall sheep, elk, ptarmigan, etc. There could be a pond in the summer biome or a stream that wraps around the entire display for placing sitting ducks and geese. Or allow birds to be hung from the ceiling so they hover around the display. Having a variety of different sized full body mounts all over the display would allow the user to choose which species they want to put wherever, as many of the species in the game can realistically be found in more than one type of biome (mule deer would be right at home in the desert, canada geese do well in the snow, etc). Displays like this can be found in hunting goods stores across the US, so I'm sure they can be found around the world. Cabelas is the first place that comes to mind for me when I think of such large displays. Here are some examples of this style of display:

I've also included a couple links to videos of such displays. There are many videos on Youtube that show bits and pieces of these displays at stores, but unfortunately none of the ones I've found so far really do the size of such a display any justice, and many of the videos are of poor quality. These videos at least show you the full 360 degree view of one these display, and you can see as they walk around how the biomes/themes change (also note the change isn't drastic in each section, the water and rocks all sort of tie the big piece together instead of having completely different sections that don't blend at all just sort of smashed together).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nynZczIojHc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MclVoB5mGR0

In order for such a display to be successful, it would need to be fairly large, and the lodge itself (a single room) even more so. And even though this display would be the center of attention (because let's not pretend that full-body mounts aren't totally awesome, or at least highly desirable to many players, especially with all the awesome rares in this game) there would be space elsewhere in the room for other options. Since the center of the room has a single huge display for all types of mounts, there doesn't need to be any other ground clutter with mounts scattered on the floor around the room. Leave the full-body mounts to the display and instead focus on head mounts, weapon racks, framed trophy shots and hunting related decor hanging on the walls. The bottom floor would likely favor small head mounts, large gun racks, framed trophy shots, a shelf/curio cabinet for collectibles, benches/rugs/decor while the upper walkaround platform "floor" would favor large head mounts, single weapon displays, and more framed trophy shots.

And while the large display is my main idea for a new lodge, there are so many other elements that I'd love to see added to the lodges. European (skull) mounts in place of head mounts, mounts that allow you to combine animals (fox holding a pheasant in it's mouth or wolf snarling at an elk), flying bird mounts that hang from the ceiling (would also make the second floor even more awesome), flying bird mounts that hang on the wall, and environmental decor on each full body platform (grass, rocks, logs, etc). Having the option to frame and hang your own trophy shots has also been at the top of my want list since the release of the lodge. And any sort of shelf or cabinet where you can display collectibles or trophies would be an awesome addition. With the addition of weapon displays and some customization options, you're definitely headed in the right direction with these lodges. But there is so much more I hope to see added in the future!

**Also worth noting, November 4th is not on a Monday. At least I hope not, or my own schedule is quite a bit messed up!
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

Hi all, some nice suggestions so far! To clarify on the the "spirit" of the competition, we are more looking for styling/aesthetics and creativity, some of the posts are deviating a little into more general "feature request" territory. This competition isn't so much for us to grab ideas from you, we just wanted to see your imaginations run wild. ;)
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

ARE YOU READY.

I put little disclaimers so nobody ever mistakes them for real, not that they would. (Update, company name fixed >.>) But my dream lodge submission is done in the style of an "official release announcement," because let's face it, my dream lodge would be real! :lol: Without further ado... The nonexistent Trophy Lodge 2.0 Patch Release!
I had fun doing this, even if it took most of a day. Thanks for the opportunity! I hope to see some other creative submissions before time runs out :)
Last edited by TheSheWolf on October 30th, 2017, 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

@TheSheWolf...excellent. What I envisioned the lodges to be like from day one. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Thanks man, much appreciated!
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Excellent ideas and designs SheWolf! Thank you for sharing! :D
Spoiler: