Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter - 4

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter - 4

Post by Alena Rybik »

Image Image Image Image Image

Design a pack of missions and / or competitions for theHunter to win great prizes and get them featured in our regular schedule.

Rules:
  • Pick one of the categories below and come up with a pack of 10 missions and / or 5 competitions, depending on the category (please note, we are looking for different things in different categories this time around!). Each participant is allowed to submit maximum two packs (one of missions and one of competitions).

Dall Sheep
    • Competition pack
    • Mission pack
    Feral Goat
    • Competition pack
    White-tailed Ptarmigan
    • Competition pack
    Rock Ptarmiagn
    • Competition pack
    Willow Ptarmigan
    • Competition pack
    White-tailed Ptarmigan, Rock Ptarmigan, Willow Ptarmigan
    • Mission pack (has to feature all three species, see the Duck missions for example)
  • Your submission must be sent to social[at]expansiveworlds[dot]com in .doc or .pdf format, with your theHunter name clearly stated.
  • The deadline for submitting your concepts is July 14th 23:58 CEST. Designs submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
  • To make sure that your missions and competitions are realistic for us to implement, you are not allowed to come up with new rules than the ones we already have (make sure to study our existing ones thoroughly, both regular ones and special events).
  • Missions and competitions in your packs have to be varied, of different levels of difficulty and, of course, follow the ethical rules of theHunter-verse.
  • We will evaluate the following factors: fun, variety, balance, how well they fit into theHunter’s existing gameplay, plus storyline and writing for missions. For missions: Make sure to include the story as well, not just objectives!
  • Winners will be chosen in each of the categories by the EW jury. New rule: when we see fit, we reserve the right not to pick the whole packs but instead combine separate missions and competitions submitted by different people. In that case the prize will be divided between all contributors.
  • Don't forget to give your missions and competitions cool titles!
Awards:
  • 5000 em$ / 90 membership days + "Contributor" membership title & Almost DEV jacket + the design will get incorporated into theHunter with credit to the author.

Please note:
  • This thread is for discussion about the competition, only designs sent by email will be considered.
  • We reserve the right to change and adapt the original idea as much as needed, to keep it in line with theHunter style.
  • We reserve the right not to choose any winners if the submissions don't live up to the expected standards.
  • We have two standard tiered competitions which are always the same for all animals: the highest scoring one (organized into Starter - Intermediate - Elite) and the 3 heaviest ones (organized into the same tiers), please do not include those into your competition sets, otherwise your set will be incomplete.
drakle
Hunter

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter - 4

Post by drakle »

Aw man, and I just had a goat mission pack finished.

EDIT: Sent submission.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

Woohoo, ptarmigans finally get a chance as well :D
I recently thought you would just ignore them, as they aren't liked that much by many players.

EDIT: Just sent my suggestion for one of the competition packs ;)
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

Damn, now that I had more than five (in my opinion) good competition ideas, I wanna make more entries, but that would be against the rules :cry:
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

I still think the Polar Bears need a chance to have their own packs. How come they haven't had anything yet? Not complaining, just asking.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Where do I find the competition rules sorry??

Can we make a multiplayer competition?

Cheers

TK
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

TreeKiwi wrote:Where do I find the competition rules sorry??
On this page. Just scroll up.
TreeKiwi wrote:Can we make a multiplayer competition?
It depends what you mean by multiplayer. Missions and competitions will only be considered if they can be implemented using the existing systems. Anything that requires new mechanics to be developed will almost certainly not be picked.
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Sad i can't join this. Very poor english knowledge.. ;X
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Why is there no option for mission sets for feral goats? Is it intentional or an error?
And why is the polar bear not part of this design comp. ?

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

caledonianblues wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Where do I find the competition rules sorry??
On this page. Just scroll up.
TreeKiwi wrote:Can we make a multiplayer competition?
It depends what you mean by multiplayer. Missions and competitions will only be considered if they can be implemented using the existing systems. Anything that requires new mechanics to be developed will almost certainly not be picked.

Hehe come on I'm not that blind :p :lol: I'm referring to the part that says
"To make sure that your missions and competitions are realistic for us to implement, you are not allowed to come up with new rules than the ones we already have (make sure to study our existing ones thoroughly, both regular ones and special events)."

:)

TK

Return to “Official Community Competitions”