Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter - 3

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter - 3

Post by Hawkeye »

baloo.the.dog wrote:Can we email them in an email, if so what is the address?
I will have it in PDF form if so. Sorry, I'm not on social media.
Not only CAN you, but it's required. From the OP:

Your submission must be sent to social[at]expansiveworlds[dot]com in .doc or .pdf format, with your theHunter name clearly stated.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Hawkeye wrote:

Your submission must be sent to social[at]expansiveworlds[dot]com in .doc or .pdf format, with your theHunter name clearly stated.
So sorry Hawkeye, but is "social[at]expansiveworlds[dot]com" the email adress?

So sorry Hawkeye, I am not very tech savvy. Here, on the forum, "at" is in brackets and so is "dot," in other words can I copy " social[at]expansiveworlds[dot]com" and paste it into my email and send it?

Sorry and thank you!
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

baloo.the.dog wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:

So sorry Hawkeye, but is "social[at]expansiveworlds[dot]com" the email adress?

So sorry Hawkeye, I am not very tech savvy. Here, on the forum, "at" is in brackets and so is "dot," in other words can I copy " social[at]expansiveworlds[dot]com" and paste it into my email and send it?

Sorry and thank you!
No worries...it's [email protected]

Just copy/paste that to email.
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

drakle wrote:Finished my mission pack and sent.
Good luck!
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

also do we need to include reward for each mission?

stupid question.. I know
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

baloo.the.dog wrote:also do we need to include reward for each mission?

stupid question.. I know
I think the rewards are pretty well set by EW. I wouldn't worry about including them.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

baloo.the.dog wrote:stupid question.. I know
Not a stupid question at all, but as Hawkeye said I would keep it the way it is with most existing mission sets: 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 600 / 800 / 1000 / 1200 / 1800 / 3600 gm$. I always mentioned them in my previous mission set submissions, but if you leave them out then EW will probably assume you're thinking about the "standard" gm$ rewards.
walt133 wrote:
Pittie wrote:Oh no, another user design a mission or competition pack competition? I think we will see again many "longest distance", "shoot so many as you can" and so on.
EW has a brilliant comp-creator in their own row, caledonianblues. He should do this Job. I don't like the competitions of the last design event and don't play the most of them.
Well go ahead and submit one Pittie. Who knows you might even win. :) I for one do not like the shoot as many as you can competitions either, but I don't mind the long range ones. They should do something like most animals inside of a hour(real time). It would not be nearly as much of a grind, and I feel it would be a lot more fun for everyone. P.S. agreed David is brilliant when coming up with competitions. They should let him create at least one. Also I fear the Bighorn sheep competitions. Bucks n Buffalo's be all over them :o :lol: How bout some tips Bucks n Buffalos?
You have to understand that the code used for the official competitions is very limited as far as I know. Many ideas that people have come up with in the past just can't be implemented with the existing system and some of the things that community competitions do just aren't possible without use of a third party software (like David's "Competition Generator") or a lot of tedious manual work. EW would have to rewrite some code to make it happen in the official comps and to me it doesn't seem like this is a priority at the moment.
Image Image Image
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

What tanng said. The official competitions are a lot more limited.

I'll make time before the 31st to get an entry in. Good to see these taking priority.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Good luck to all those participating in this comp. :)
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
baloo.the.dog wrote:stupid question.. I know
Not a stupid question at all, but as Hawkeye said I would keep it the way it is with most existing mission sets: 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 600 / 800 / 1000 / 1200 / 1800 / 3600 gm$. I always mentioned them in my previous mission set submissions, but if you leave them out then EW will probably assume you're thinking about the "standard" gm$ rewards.
walt133 wrote:
Pittie wrote:Oh no, another user design a mission or competition pack competition? I think we will see again many "longest distance", "shoot so many as you can" and so on.
EW has a brilliant comp-creator in their own row, caledonianblues. He should do this Job. I don't like the competitions of the last design event and don't play the most of them.
Well go ahead and submit one Pittie. Who knows you might even win. :) I for one do not like the shoot as many as you can competitions either, but I don't mind the long range ones. They should do something like most animals inside of a hour(real time). It would not be nearly as much of a grind, and I feel it would be a lot more fun for everyone. P.S. agreed David is brilliant when coming up with competitions. They should let him create at least one. Also I fear the Bighorn sheep competitions. Bucks n Buffalo's be all over them :o :lol: How bout some tips Bucks n Buffalos?
You have to understand that the code used for the official competitions is very limited as far as I know. Many ideas that people have come up with in the past just can't be implemented with the existing system and some of the things that community competitions do just aren't possible without use of a third party software (like David's "Competition Generator") or a lot of tedious manual work. EW would have to rewrite some code to make it happen in the official comps and to me it doesn't seem like this is a priority at the moment.
I understand that marc but why not implement Davids system? How hard would it be to change the competition creator to Davids?

Return to “Official Community Competitions”