Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter - 3

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter - 3

Post by BuiuRei »

:D :D :D :lol:
baloo.the.dog wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:Any word on the winners?
haha me and you both buddy! :lol: 8-)
Spoiler:
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Winners

Post by Alena Rybik »

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Bighorn Sheep Missions by freck1es

Post by Alena Rybik »

Bighorn Sheep Missions by freck1es

Title: Scoping the Sickness

Description: Hey there hunter! Alexandra Ovis here. I’m hoping you can help me figure out what is affecting the bighorn sheep. Bighorns can contract several diseases and depending on what this is, we may need to act very quickly to save them. I need you to get out there and give me a physical description of the symptoms these sheep are experiencing.

Objectives:
  • Spot a bighorn sheep

Title: Foraging for Feces

Description: Hmm... Weight loss, coughing, nasal discharge.... This doesn’t sound too good at all. I will need some fecal samples to examine. Make sure you collect droppings from multiple animals. I know it’s a smelly job, but somebody’s got to do it. That somebody is you. Hurry! We need to act quickly.

Objectives:
  • ID droppings from a bighorn sheep
  • ID droppings from another bighorn sheep in the same hunt
  • ID droppings from another bighorn sheep in the same hunt

Title: Confirm the Diagnosis

Description: This is not good. Not good at all. Based on your observations and the feces I have a hunch about what is making these bighorns sick, but I need a tissue sample to confirm the pathogen’s identity. Go out and bring me back a bighorn sheep.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a bighorn sheep

Title: Running Rampant

Description: It’s worse than I expected. Bacterial pneumonia. It can’t be treated in bighorn sheep, and if left unchecked this disease can decimate whole herds. The only way to eradicate it is to cull the animals that are infected. I’d like to get a better idea of how far the bacteria has spread in the population. I need you to bring me lung tissue samples from bighorn sheep in different areas of Timbergold Trails.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a bighorn sheep East of Ol’ Reynold’s Lost Nugget (x: -5444)
  • Harvest a bighorn sheep West of Porcupine Ridge (x: -6072)
  • Harvest a bighorn sheep between Ol’ Reynold’s Lost Nugget and Porcupine Ridge (x:- 5444 to x:-6072)

Title: Ewes in Trouble

Description: Hmm. The pneumonia-causing bacteria was only found in 1 of the 3 bighorn sheep you brought in. We may still have a chance to fight this thing. We have gotten reports recently of 2 large ewes that appear badly infected. Can you bring them down before they spread the disease to others? You will recognize them by the size of their horns, both score easily over 42 points.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a female bighorn sheep scoring over 42 points
  • Harvest another female bighorn sheep scoring over 42 points in the same hunt

Title: Grabbing the Disease by the Horns

Description: “We need to stay ahead of the bacterial spread. At least 3 bighorn rams were observed showing symptoms of the disease and I need you to harvest them. Use a quiet weapon to avoid stressing the unaffected bighorn sheep in the area. A bow or crossbow will work nicely, and make sure your shots are clean.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a male bighorn sheep using a bow or crossbow with 100% Harvest Value
  • Harvest another male bighorn sheep using a bow or crossbow with 100% Harvest Value
  • Harvest another male bighorn sheep using a bow or crossbow with 100% Harvest Value

Title: Out of Her Misery

Description: Doc has informed me of a very sick ewe wandering around the reserve. She appears to be suffering and has lost much of her body weight. We need to cull her quickly. Try not to stress her out by getting too close.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a female bighorn sheep weighing under 20 kg with a shot over 150 meters

Title: The Ram Stops Here

Description: A large bighorn ram was seen interacting with that sick ewe just before you harvested her. There is a chance he has contracted the disease. We want to stop this beast in his tracks, so use a weapon with a lot of stopping power. Any 7mm Magnum rifle should do the trick.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a male bighorn sheep scoring over 150 points using 7mm Magnum ammunition

Title: Tying up Loose Ewes

Description: There are still a few diseased bighorn sheep running around, but I think we have a good grip on the situation now. I will need a couple additional bighorn sheep to confirm. As I will need intact lung and digestive tissues for my analyses make sure the only organ you hit is the heart.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a bighorn sheep with a shot through the heart only
  • Harvest another bighorn sheep with a shot through the heart only

Title: Culling for the Cure

Description: Based on the information we have collected so far, one final small herd of bighorn sheep is carrying the pneumonia. I need you to cull all the animals in this herd to stop the disease. We need to act quickly, before the disease can spread again.

Objectives:
  • Harvest 4 bighorn sheep within 15 minutes
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Bighorn Sheep Competitions by Cityzen

Post by Alena Rybik »

Bighorn Sheep Competitions by Cityzen
Title: The Cheapest way to hunt

Harvest an Bighorn Sheep from the longest distance using a 12 GA Single Shot Shotgun to win.

Title: A beautiful subject of study

Harvest the highest scoring Bighorn Sheep at 100% Harvest Value using any handgun to win.

Title: Scale in One

The total weight of all Bighorn Sheeps harvested during a single hunt is your competition entry.

Title: Seek the Horn

The total distance of all Bighorn Sheeps harvested with a .303 British Bolt Action Rifle is your competition entry.

Title: Exploding Skulls

Harvest the heaviest Bighorn Sheep with a shot through brain to win.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Rocky Mountain Elk missions by Dillakiller

Post by Alena Rybik »

Rocky Mountain Elk missions by Dillakiller

Title: Fresh Produce

Description: It’s your new friend Buck, about the elk thing, wanna go get me a cow because they are the ones producing these monsters, so let’s see if it’s their genetics.

Objectives:
  • Harvest any female Rocky Mountain Elk

Title: Bugle Boy

Description: That wasn’t smart, everyone knows it’s the males who have the antlers. The biologist rejected that sample and told me to get her a male. They are the ones with the antler DNA.

Objectives:
  • Harvest any male Rocky mountain elk

Title: Turf wars

Description: The biologist said that was a good sample but she forgot to record it’s diet. She said for you to go watch their eating habits. So we aren’t hypocritical towards the poachers, don’t harvest one, just go observe what they are eating.

Objectives:
  • Spot a male rocky mountain elk
  • Identify the droppings of a rocky mountain elk

Title: Family issues...

Description: Great job.... Kinda. Found out that it had to do with the diet. It was some exotic plant, full of protein causing this. The biologist is scared that it might be found in Redfeather Falls, so go get a big’un there and let’s see if it is affecting them.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a male roosevelt elk with more than 10 typical points in Redfeather Falls.

Title: Verification

Description: Thankfully the trophy bulls of Redfeather were not affected by this plant because there was no trace of it anywhere. To make sure the plant is the reason our Rocky mountain elk are being stunted by this plant, we will need you to take a few out.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a male rocky mountain elk with more than 10 typical points
  • Harvest a male rocky mountain elk with less than 10 typical points
  • Harvest a female rocky mountain elk

Title: Traditions

Description: We found that only the small bull and cow had eaten the plant. We now believe it is just genetics. We will need to kill some from different locations on the map to see if it is their different ancestors granting them this quality.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a male rocky mountain elk with any recurve bow less than 1000 meters from Goldhorn Pass
  • Harvest a male rocky mountain elk with any recurve bow less than 1000 meters from Everfall Lodge

Title: Sensus

Description: Rocky mountain elk here are just superior because both samples were from high scoring elk fathers. So now that we know that all the bulls are going to get big let’s control their numbers by taking out the mothers of these beasts.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a female rocky mountain elk with .30-06 ammunition
  • Harvest a female rocky mountain elk with .30-06 ammunition during the same hunt
  • Harvest a female rocky mountain elk with .30-06 ammunition during the same hunt

Title: Rock and Roll

Description: Good work, let’s take out the big daddies who started this mess.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a male rocky mountain elk with more than 12 typical points with any rifle
  • Harvest a male rocky mountain elk with more than 12 typical points with any rifle

Title: True love

Description: Take out a male and a female before they create more of this poacher bait. Make sure to use a .454 pistol so they don’t get away

Objectives:
  • Harvest a male rocky mountain elk with a .454 pistol
  • Harvest a female rocky mountain elk with a .454 pisto in less than 5 minutes after harvesting a male

Title: Main Attraction

Description: Wow, I thought population control would put an end to this nonsense, but now there is some giant elk with at least 18 points attracting all of these illegal hunters. Bring it down ASAP, but make your weapon of choice loud so all of the poachers know that the trophy is dead.

Objectives:
  • Harvest the male rocky mountain elk with 18 points within 500 meters of the Watchtower
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Rocky Mountain Elk competitions by Ash1302

Post by Alena Rybik »

Rocky Mountain Elk competitions by Ash1302
Title: King in the West

The highest scoring unspooked Rocky Mountain Elk harvested with a Shotgun without a scope wins. Harvest value must be 100. (10 attempts)

Title: Smoking Elk

The total weight of all your unspooked Rocky Mountain Elk harvested with a Muzzleloader in the same hunt is your entry. Highest total wins. (10 attempts)

Title: Elf, Elm, Elk

The heaviest unspooked Rocky Mountain Elk Male and Female harvested with a Bow from more than 33 metres is your entry. Sights not allowed. Heart and/or lung must be hit. No towers, blinds or stands. Heaviest pair wins. (10 attempts)

Title: Elk Stake

The average of your 3 highest scoring unspooked Rocky Mountain Elk harvested with a Crossbow is your entry. Heart must be hit. No towers, blinds or stands. Highest average wins. (10 attempts)

Title: Unforgiving

The farthest unspooked Rocky Mountain Elk Male harvested with a Handgun while standing wins. Single shot kills only. No towers, blinds or stands. (5 attempts)
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Grizzly Bear mission by drakle

Post by Alena Rybik »

Grizzly Bear mission by drakle
Title: Majesty at Best

Description: Before we can begin the operation, you’ll need to learn one or two things about grizzlies. They’ll behave like any bear you’ll normally see in the EHR, but they’re stubborn and aggressive at best. You won’t be able to walk right to one without getting charged. So, to begin, start the simple three step process; Track, Spot, Harvest. And please be quick, the slower you are the more bears are shot!

Objectives:
  • Collect 3 tracks of the same Grizzly Bear.
  • Spot a Grizzly Bear in the same hunt.
  • Harvest a Grizzly Bear in the same hunt.

Title: To catch a Thief

Description: Excellent job, I think you’re ready to help me out. Alright, here’s what we know. There’s a team of at least four poachers in the reserve, and they’ve already taken out six grizzlies. We’ll have to make sure they don’t strike again. Thankfully, I was lucky enough to snatch one of their maps at their camp while they were out hunting. Seems they’re planning to hit a place in the middle of the reserve. Head there and see if you can spot them. Harvest a couple bears if you want to in the process.

Objectives:
  • Head to the location ‘Stone’ told you to go. (X: -4952, Y: 1004.)
  • Harvest a grizzly bear in the same hunt.
  • Harvest another grizzly bear in the same hunt.

Title: From Afar

Description: Looks like the poachers never showed up, but I was able to get the bears you harvested out of there before they could find them. Alright, I guess we’ll have to take things up a notch. I feel you could possibly do some long-range spotting. Try to see if you can detect the poachers from a farther distance.
Maybe practice your sharpshooting with some more bears in the process?

Objectives:
  • Harvest a grizzly bear from over 110m.
  • Harvest a grizzly bear from over 120m.
  • Harvest a grizzly bear from over 130m.

Title: Fast and Precise

Description: I doubt we’ll be able to find them around here, I’ll get the bears out of here while you go and keep searching. Don’t ask why I do this, it’s unimportant to the mission. Now, go and hunt two bears. One shot in the heart, with perfect value. Be quick, I might have another source of information on the poachers.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a grizzly bear with a heart shot on 100% Harvest Value.
  • Harvest another grizzly bear with a heart shot on 100% Harvest Value in the same hunt.

Title: Silence is Key

Description: Seems like the poachers are hearing your gunshots, because I haven’t had any luck on finding them.

Let’s see if we can be a little quieter. Yes, we’ll need archery on our side for this one. Grab yourself a compound bow and see if you can find the poachers. Harvest more bears, if you don’t mind.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a grizzly bear with the Compound Bow “Parker Python”.
  • Harvest another grizzly bear with the Compound Bow “Parker Python”.
  • Harvest another grizzly bear with the Compound Bow “Parker Python”.

Title: Face to Face

Description: Unfortunately, I still didn’t see any poachers in the area. I got rid of the bears you shot before they appeared, thankfully. Wait… perhaps we need to trick these poachers. Yes, that’s it! I need you to grab yourself a handgun, we’ll be hunting one more grizzly. And this time, for fun, I want you to stare that sucker in the face and fire away!

Objectives:
[*] Harvest a grizzly bear with a single brain shot, while it is charging you with the .45 Long Colt Revolver.

Title: The Trap is Set

Description: Very nice! I saw you from my hiding place. Now I’ve set the bear you shot at a place called “Brimstone”. I’ll wait for the poachers from there, see if you can drive them towards the trap with some gunshots. Go loud and proud, baby!

Objectives:
  • Harvest a fleeing grizzly bear with the .300 Bolt Action Rifle.
  • Harvest a fleeing grizzly bear with the .300 Bolt Action Rifle in the same hunt.
  • Harvest a fleeing grizzly bear with the .300 Bolt Action Rifle in the same hunt.

Title: Trickery at Best

Description: Doc here, have you even realized what you’ve done?! Your friend, ‘Stone’, has lured you into his lies.

There’s no group of poachers in Timbergold Trails. There’s only one poacher we’re dealing with, and that’s the guy who’s been making you shoot all those unfortunate grizzlies. We must take him down before things get worse for the bears! I’ll take care of any evidence that you shot the bears, so don’t worry about that. Now, I already have a plan in mind; we’ll lure him to our own trap. One more bear, for the greater good of Timbergold Trails!

Objectives:
  • Harvest a male grizzly bear, hitting both lungs and the heart, with the Reverse Draw Crossbow.

Title: Revenge is Sweet

Description: The trap is set, I’ve put on my camo suit and I’m waiting for ‘Stone’ as we speak. Just as a backup call, see if you can harvest a couple more bears in the same area. One with a rifle, one with a bow. Perfect value too, to preserve what ‘Stone’ wants.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a grizzly bear with the Recurve Bow at 100% Harvest Value.
  • Harvest a grizzly bear with the 7mm Magnum Bullpup Rifle at 100% Harvest Value.

Title: One Final Trophy

Description: Doc here, looks like luck has deemed me worthy, I captured ‘Stone’! I’ll be bringing him down to the lodge to be picked up by the wardens. By the way, if you didn’t know, there’s a large male blonde grizzly bear roaming the reserve as we speak. That one appeared to be on our poacher’s bounty list, possibly to sell the skin or maybe he thought bigger meant more money. He should be worth a shot, you’ll need something good out of all this!

Objectives:
  • Harvest the male blonde grizzly bear that was sighted near the river (X: -4544, Y: 716) with the .454 Revolver.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Grizzly Bear competitions by BuiuRei

Post by Alena Rybik »

Grizzly Bear competitions by BuiuRei

Bear Slug Bonanza

Harvest Grizzly Bears with shotgun slugs. The sum of your 3 highest scoring Grizzly Bears is your competition entry.

Smokin’ Bear

Harvest Grizzy Bears with any muzzleloader. The highest scoring Grizzly Bear shot with a muzzleloader is your competition entry.

The Heart of the Beast

Harvest Grizzly Bears with a heartshot. The heaviest Grizzly Bear you shot in the heart is your competition entry.

Is that a bear?

Harvest Grizzly Bears without a scope, using bullets or arrows, with a single shot. The distance of your shot is your competition entry.

In the Heat of the Moment

The score of your first Grizzly Bear shot with .454 ammo is your competition entry.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Winners

Post by Tod1d »

Congrats to the winners! :D

And I just finished all the missions, so I need something else to do. :)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter - 3

Post by stancomputerhunter »

What is the obsession with "in the same hunt?" Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Why? Especially the BHS. I can go on 5 hunts in those mountains and never see ONE BHS.

Rant over.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Official Community Competitions”