Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter - 2

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter - 2

Post by MonacoSteve »

Hey! Congratulations to winners. NIce events, you created!

Also nice to see that one of my own entries (the competition suggestion) was a "close-up-runner", at least. Too bad it contained features that would have required additional coding means which seem currently not feasable. I think I was actually a bit mislead by the original objectives of the Summer Fiesta which suggested that such special conditions would be possible for competitions. I didn't realize betimes the fact that this was changed back later because it did not work... :(

In addition, I fully share waioras concerns:
waiora wrote:@ Alena

Hi. I have some concerns about the duck competitions, we were asked to include all the species in the scoring.

The following does not include all the species, they include only mallards or black ducks. Because the ducks do no score the same amounts.

Competition 2 – Open Season
The highest scoring duck out of any of the species using .22LR ammunition wins.

Competition 4 – Bow Buster
The top three of your heaviest ducks using a compound bow is your competition entry

This defeats the whole purpose of the design competition, isnt what was stated in the rules. Would the staff please contact this person to discuss adjustments to include all the ducks, we all want to hunt the lot of them and get away from selective shooting of 1 or 2 ducks or species.

Top duck and biggest duck should also feature all 4 duck species.
mdfortney

Post by mdfortney »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Congrats to the other winners of course. Last night I was so hyped that I forgot that, sorry. :oops: :oops: But now my blood pressure is starting to get back to normal. ;)
Congrats to you as well!
mdfortney

Post by mdfortney »

Alena i dont know if my PM is working lmao my intwernet keeps going out i would like the 5000 em$
Villkatta
Outfitter

Re: Winners

Post by Villkatta »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Dancing through my office like a cute little duck right now! And singing of course... ;)
It's well deserved Tann. Congratz - love the whole opera plot!

And congratz to the comp. winner and follow ups too. Finally we'll have some fun in the swamps again!

FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Nice missions packs and competitions from all the participants, congrats to the winner, it sounds good :)
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

@waiora & MonacoSteve: I've checked it with Daniel regarding the requirement for all the missions and competitions to feature all the four species that was been added later here, and he said he had decided to go for the chosen designs since he liked them most of all (and in the competition category because it was the only implementable from the ones he liked), despite them not featuring all the duck species.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Alena Rybik wrote:@waiora & MonacoSteve: I've checked it with Daniel regarding the requirement for all the missions and competitions to feature all the four species that was been added later here, and he said he had decided to go for the chosen designs since he liked them most of all (and in the competition category because it was the only implementable from the ones he liked), despite them not featuring all the duck species.
Thank you, I cant help feeling a little hard done tho, since our designs were based around being asked to include every species in ever competition. At the very least it should have been disqualified and redone since it didn't meet the requirements you posted twice.

In the future please make sure about requirements for things like this that will impact the game for along period, Its not about the winning or the em$, I only want the most enjoyable duck experience and feel we are getting far from it. Regardless ill do the 3 I feel will be enjoyable, and just ignore the rest.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

I feel like the competitions will be enjoyable. However, I would also like to see individual top score competitions with no weapon restrictions for all four species: Top Pintail, Top Gadwall, Top American Black Duck, and Top Mallard (which already exists). I'm not much of a bow shooter when it comes to waterfowl. I like sitting in my blind and making it rain with my pump shotties. So, it would be nice to have at least two top score comps running side by side along with one of the other comps that require more specific requirements like longest bow shot on water... etc. The ton of ducks comp is going to be very enjoyable though. Looking forward to a few Saturday afternoons for that one (assuming it runs on a Saturday).
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I have an idea for a Gadwall competition.

The person who shoots a Gadwall wins.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

HooCairs wrote:I have an idea for a Gadwall competition.

The person who shoots a Gadwall wins.
Don't make it too difficult Hoo, it should still be fun! ;)
Image Image Image

Return to “Official Community Competitions”