Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
User avatar
pnShen
Hunter
Posts: 756
Joined: September 3rd, 2011, 8:47 pm

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Postby pnShen » March 7th, 2016, 4:29 am

attenders! please share your missions with us here: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=72017&p=776543#p776543
User avatar
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff
Posts: 5029
Joined: January 7th, 2014, 6:31 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Postby Alena Rybik » March 7th, 2016, 4:40 am

@HooCairs: All scores, coordinates, geographical names (there is Fletchette's lake in one mission set, for example) and similar will of course be looked through thoroughly and adjusted by Daniel.
User avatar
Jack.Grave
Outfitter
Posts: 2177
Joined: May 27th, 2009, 1:35 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Postby Jack.Grave » March 7th, 2016, 5:16 am

:arrow: Alena Rybik thanks cause some of them score values are insane on top end like 220 sc. Moose and 120 points Buffalo and such in one of the travel missions. Otherwise mission proposals looks cool and hours of moderate fun. Jack
User avatar
Tripsalot
Scout
Posts: 297
Joined: August 26th, 2015, 3:11 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Postby Tripsalot » March 7th, 2016, 8:27 pm

They all look ok and congrats to the winners. I am just wondering what the inuit are doing on my private hunting reserve.
Image
User avatar
Linden
Tracker
Posts: 144
Joined: April 3rd, 2016, 11:46 am
Location: Volendam, Nederlande

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Postby Linden » May 2nd, 2016, 9:35 pm

Now that the first bison comp fired up I thought I might have another look to the mission and comp scenarios. Keeping in mind that in WRR after 1 and a half hour- 2 hours the game crashes (all my stays AFTER that period ended 100% in crashes and I had hundreds and so had my friends, we all use UHD resolutions bythe way), how could one, for instance, make that Sitka mission where you have to kill 5 buck hitting their hearts, IN THE SAME HUNT ? You can't find 5 buck in the same area, you have to travel a lot, let alone you have to hit them in that area specifically. The same for other missions where large number of animals in the same hunt are required. So maybe you should reconsider some mission parameteres BEFORE they are released.
User avatar
Mills
Outfitter
Posts: 1517
Joined: January 1st, 2009, 5:01 pm
Location: Samskanchin

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Postby Mills » May 3rd, 2016, 3:03 pm

Linden wrote:Now that the first bison comp fired up I thought I might have another look to the mission and comp scenarios. Keeping in mind that in WRR after 1 and a half hour- 2 hours the game crashes (all my stays AFTER that period ended 100% in crashes and I had hundreds and so had my friends, we all use UHD resolutions bythe way), how could one, for instance, make that Sitka mission where you have to kill 5 buck hitting their hearts, IN THE SAME HUNT ? You can't find 5 buck in the same area, you have to travel a lot, let alone you have to hit them in that area specifically. The same for other missions where large number of animals in the same hunt are required. So maybe you should reconsider some mission parameteres BEFORE they are released.


The mission where you need to kill 5 sitka bucks with heart shots in the same hunt was designed to be a challenge. It is mission #9 after all. When I designed it I did not take into account the fact that some people cannot hunt longer than an hour and a half without crashing. It really is not that hard to find 5 sitka bucks in the same hunt. However, if the community wishes and the devs agree I do not see a problem with reducing the number to four sitka bucks. :)
User avatar
J_Birdman
Hunter
Posts: 660
Joined: August 21st, 2015, 11:26 am

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Postby J_Birdman » May 3rd, 2016, 3:26 pm

Sadly, current/ongoing glitches don't seem to be taken into consideration for any new missions, special events or special comps. I feel for you, Linden and anyone else who basically can't hunt that terribly flawed reserve, that really sucks. :(
User avatar
Linden
Tracker
Posts: 144
Joined: April 3rd, 2016, 11:46 am
Location: Volendam, Nederlande

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Postby Linden » May 4th, 2016, 4:50 pm

Mills wrote:
Linden wrote:Now that the first bison comp fired up I thought I might have another look to the mission and comp scenarios. Keeping in mind that in WRR after 1 and a half hour- 2 hours the game crashes (all my stays AFTER that period ended 100% in crashes and I had hundreds and so had my friends, we all use UHD resolutions bythe way), how could one, for instance, make that Sitka mission where you have to kill 5 buck hitting their hearts, IN THE SAME HUNT ? You can't find 5 buck in the same area, you have to travel a lot, let alone you have to hit them in that area specifically. The same for other missions where large number of animals in the same hunt are required. So maybe you should reconsider some mission parameteres BEFORE they are released.


The mission where you need to kill 5 sitka bucks with heart shots in the same hunt was designed to be a challenge. It is mission #9 after all. When I designed it I did not take into account the fact that some people cannot hunt longer than an hour and a half without crashing. It really is not that hard to find 5 sitka bucks in the same hunt. However, if the community wishes and the devs agree I do not see a problem with reducing the number to four sitka bucks. :)

Well the fact that game crashes for people who have UHD monitor s(and use UHD resolutions) is not, obviously, your fault. But if the game goes on like it is, without solving these severe mistakes (how can you really enjoy this game if it crashes all the time in UHD resolutions I ask ?), then some adjustments must be make. That's what I meant by my post. It will be up to them I guess in the end...
User avatar
Gravenslund
Spotter
Posts: 84
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 10:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Postby Gravenslund » June 3rd, 2016, 8:19 am

Has anyone made a sitka dear mission pack? Otherwise i wonna go ahead and try
User avatar
HooCairs
Champion Hunter
Posts: 19361
Joined: March 4th, 2011, 7:30 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Postby HooCairs » June 3rd, 2016, 8:26 am

Gravenslund wrote:Has anyone made a sitka dear mission pack? Otherwise i wonna go ahead and try

Yes, has been decided on and is hopefully in development: viewtopic.php?p=775901#p775901

Return to “Official Community Competitions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jhona1310 and 1 guest