Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Post by Villkatta »

JamboWhoDat wrote:I looked over the rules again and realized there is no mention of including message for completing the missions. I hope people are including them as part of their story for the missions. I personally like more meaningful messages rather than just "mission completed".
The problem is you have such a short time to read those messages, iow they have to be very short.
I'ts better that there is some connection between the mission texts.Otherwise you won't have time to read through it all.

This is actually a problem with the ending text of many mission sets. I agree there should be some message at the end, but it must be short.
I have a collection of screenshots on my computer because I never manage to read through them otherwise. Some of them are VERY long, like coyote, elk and reindeer.

My 2 cents.

Hardtree
Scout

Post by Hardtree »

Missions sent! :)

Good luck to everyone who participate!
Looking forward to play the winner-missions you (or me?) created!
Spoiler:
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Was hoping for some numbers, but i better get started. Much better with competitions than missions tho, creative writing was never my strong point :D

If anyone is good with writing story lines and want some help with competitions, give me a shout maybe we can help out eachother
insub
Hunter

Post by insub »

waiora wrote:Was hoping for some numbers, but i better get started. Much better with competitions than missions tho, creative writing was never my strong point :D

If anyone is good with writing story lines and want some help with competitions, give me a shout maybe we can help out eachother

better get started is right... it took me over a week to come up with good mission and write them lol
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Villkatta wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:I looked over the rules again and realized there is no mention of including message for completing the missions. I hope people are including them as part of their story for the missions. I personally like more meaningful messages rather than just "mission completed".
The problem is you have such a short time to read those messages, iow they have to be very short.
I'ts better that there is some connection between the mission texts.Otherwise you won't have time to read through it all.

This is actually a problem with the ending text of many mission sets. I agree there should be some message at the end, but it must be short.
I have a collection of screenshots on my computer because I never manage to read through them otherwise. Some of them are VERY long, like coyote, elk and reindeer.

My 2 cents.
I agree the messages should short but meaningful. Nothing is more annoying then a very wordy message saying nothing of value. I wish they would increase the time the message is displayed though.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

insub wrote:
waiora wrote:Was hoping for some numbers, but i better get started. Much better with competitions than missions tho, creative writing was never my strong point :D

better get started is right... it took me over a week to come up with good mission and write them lol
I had the competitions done quick and the objectives of the missions :D But the story line... is a whooole different can of worms for me. I think way to logical to do creative story writing :P But at least it does say in the rules, EW has the rights to edit anything :D I m sure they will judge the concepts rather than the small print
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Well, you can for instance choose between the crazy-person approach: Drumstick in turkey & Angelica in bears,
or a scientific approach: Jazz in coyote or Bull in elk.
Or go for something weird, like the roe deer or red fox missions.

Up to you ;)

Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Sent my entry. Look forward to seeing what everybody comes up with.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Okay submitted competition and mission pack for the arctic fox
Bosloe
Hunter

Post by Bosloe »

waiora wrote:Okay submitted competition and mission pack for the arctic fox
Good luck :)
Six Shooter Tournament - caledonianblues 24th hosted competition March 2016 - Trophy's Thank Theodore Stupid Cupid Buffalo Bill
Twitch - Bosloe077 YouTube - Bosloe 077 Hunter Statistics

Return to “Official Community Competitions”