Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
Zerwurster

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Post by Zerwurster »

Interesting, might be my time to shine :D

A few questions, especial on the topic of missions:

Story:
  • 1. Do you want only the small parts in the description of missions or a page or two of coherent plot? Maybe both?
    2. Is there a limit on the number of words used? I would asume you are not going to put a whole novel alongside the mission objectives.
Design:
  • 1. Is there a cap on the use of singleplayer only missions? From the top of my head there are already two locations on WRR i would like to incorporate into a scripted encounter with one specific animal. Most mission packs come with one or none at all, i assume thats because they are little bit more complex to implement?
    2. If i were to write missions for the Snowshoe Hare, a animal accessible for guest players, do you have preferences how many missions a guest should be able to complete before a missions requires them to buy another weapon or a certain piece of large equipment?
Can't wait to get family affairs done this weekend so i can start writing, so many ideas!
blendy
Tracker

Post by blendy »

Here you have to send ?, [email protected]
  It is that I do not hear translate
My Englishman does not come to basic, to if that I use a translator/https://www.youtube.com/user/esploky/videos
Signature Statshttp://www.uhcapps.co.uk/refer/?rid=UHC00197
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

blendy wrote:Here you have to send ?, [email protected]
  It is that I do not hear translate
Send it to: [email protected]
Image Image Image
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Zerwurster wrote:
Story:
  • 1. Do you want only the small parts in the description of missions or a page or two of coherent plot? Maybe both?
    2. Is there a limit on the number of words used? I would asume you are not going to put a whole novel alongside the mission objectives.
Design:
  • 1. Is there a cap on the use of singleplayer only missions? From the top of my head there are already two locations on WRR i would like to incorporate into a scripted encounter with one specific animal. Most mission packs come with one or none at all, i assume thats because they are little bit more complex to implement?
    2. If i were to write missions for the Snowshoe Hare, a animal accessible for guest players, do you have preferences how many missions a guest should be able to complete before a missions requires them to buy another weapon or a certain piece of large equipment?
Can't wait to get family affairs done this weekend so i can start writing, so many ideas!
1. Both would work great :)
2. No word limit, but too long. Think about your own experience - how much are you willing to read?

1. Let's focus on missions that can be achieved in single player too (if it's easier to complete them in multiplayer, it's ok).
2. Let's say 6 of 10 should not feature any buyable equipment / weapons (for snowshoe hare), otherwise freebase.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Gonna crack my head and come up with some stuff for you all to course me later down the road!
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Submitted my 5 Competitions, hope you received my email Alena. :)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Alena Rybik wrote:
Zerwurster wrote:1. Is there a cap on the use of singleplayer only missions? From the top of my head there are already two locations on WRR i would like to incorporate into a scripted encounter with one specific animal. Most mission packs come with one or none at all, i assume thats because they are little bit more complex to implement?
1. Let's focus on missions that can be achieved in single player too (if it's easier to complete them in multiplayer, it's ok).
Alena, I think he was asking if there's a limit to those "(Single Player)" missions that make certain animal(s) spawn at a certain place.
Image Image Image
Zerwurster

Post by Zerwurster »

Alena Rybik wrote: 1. Let's focus on missions that can be achieved in single player too (if it's easier to complete them in multiplayer, it's ok).
Oh i think there is a little misunderstanding. I wasn't going to write multiplayer only missions.
My question was about missions that only work in single player. Like for example mission 7 of the pheasant mission pack. Its called "A Family Matter (Single Player)".
In this type of mission (the ones with the "(Single Player)"-tag) one will encounter guaranteed animals at predetermined locations.
I can imagine those take a little more effort to implement, so i thought there may be a limit on the use of such scripted encounters.

I hope i could get my point across this time, english is not my native language and i have to look up a lot of the more technical terms.
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

Getting the community involved, which lightens the load on
under staffed Devs,....what a great idea. Pappy1 :!: ;)
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:
Zerwurster wrote:1. Is there a cap on the use of singleplayer only missions? From the top of my head there are already two locations on WRR i would like to incorporate into a scripted encounter with one specific animal. Most mission packs come with one or none at all, i assume thats because they are little bit more complex to implement?
Alena, I think he was asking if there's a limit to those "(Single Player)" missions that make certain animal(s) spawn at a certain place.
Ah yeah, I see. No problem, go for those if you feel like it.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”