Logger's Point Load Outs

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.

Which two load outs do you like the most?

Poll ended at August 7th, 2015, 6:06 pm

15%
7%
4%
15%
15%
2%
5%
7%
5%
5%
No votes
7%
7%
5%

Total votes: 55
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Logger's Point Load Outs

Post by Alena Rybik »

Logger's Point Load Outs

Browse through the following 14 load outs, pick two you like most and vote for them in the poll.

1. Logger's Point Complete by SloNeZ

Description: Covers all animal species found on Logger's point. While the main focus is on big game animals, small game can be hunted with the birdshot ammo.
Also Included: First Aid Kit - For freshening up after the occasional neighborly hog hug. Also good for counteracting the end result of losing a battle with gravity. Gets you back in the hunt without heading back to the Lodge.

2. Logger’s Point "Stealth" (for bow hunting) by CatchU

Description: That's my stealth load out for Logger's Point. Normally I am looking for a good spot and wait there to lure my prey in. To move around with the Ghillie clothes is not a very good thing because of the noise it makes but it pays off when it comes to be almost 'invisible'!

I am using both binoculars - the 8x because of its better field of view for a better overview of the area and the Rangefinder for measuring distances of POI. Always good to know how far a rock or a certain tree is before the prey comes in. So I don't have to switch between Rangefinder and X-bow. I know the distance already when the prey is at that certain location.

The tripod stand gives me more opportunities for a good spot/overview.

Camping supplies and First Aid is always with me for fast traveling and for possible attacks or accidents.

I am using the scent eliminator only when the wind comes from an inconvenient direction and can not be avoided in another way.

3. Logger’s Point universal (All Out Hunting) by WNorton

Description: This is what I take out with me on a normal day's hunt at Logger’s Point. You never know what you will run into.

4. My 30+ harvest kit for loggers point. (or pretty much any other reserve with small & mid-sized game) by brenno20

Description: Logger's point has to be one of the most enjoyable reserves in the EHR. Fields and forest with beat of concerned cottontail, the constant grunting of Mule, Whitetail, and sometimes a very ninja 900KG male Hog, 10 meters to your right about to charge.
Oh... And of course stupid pheasants that refuse to fly, no matter how long you chase them whilst whistling.

With all these beautiful creatures overrunning the Loggers, you will definitely need this load out, to cull at least 30 to 40 of the combined species out there. It's what Doc would want.

5. Logger’s Point perfection by Jim_Shadow

Description: The prettiest outfit. Attract not only the animals ;) The best rifle for stable-accurate shooting. That shotgun makes the small game easy and enjoyable. In case that one of those hogs come too close then the "Rival" takes control. The right scope for every gun. Callers for everything. The No 9 slot is the "joker" - you can put some face paint, then some scent eliminator and then use it to find where the wind blows or to calculate the distance with Rangefinder, take a picture if you like (or a bug found) and then back to Binoculars. Of course you have camping supplies for fast traveling to campsites and finally some first aid kit in case you come too close to those damn angry hogs....

P.S. Mule deer males are quite difficult to find, especially the Non Typical.... so Mule Deer Urine Spray is always handy.

6. Logger's Point Load Out by Lucky

7. Predator (Logger's Point Edition) by BicBoiBukLau

Description: A stalking set designed for bow hunters, comes with with camo for the body and face, and a variety of bows/xbow for silent takedowns while you stalk the prey of Logger's Point. The set comes with a 9.3x62 for those special big bucks that are always so elusive. An engraved .357 is included in the kit for coyotes and quick defence.

The Deer Grunt, Hog Squeal, and Predator Jackrabbit callers are required for calling in your prey, running with the ghillie suit on is not recommended and is meant for the patient bow hunters willing to spend the few extra minutes in a bush waiting.

The set comes with 3 different bows, the Compound "Parker Python", the Recurve, and the Longbow. I prefer the compound for silent shots up to 20 meters, though shooting deer at higher distances with the Parker Python is not exactly recommended. The Recurve is used as a reserve, or for very close and powerful shots on unsuspecting prey. The Longbow serves nicely as a substitute whenever I run out of Recurve arrows. The archer set is further complemented with the Tenpoint Carbon Fusion Crossbow. This silent killer can be lethal in ranges up to 85m. I switch over to the crossbow whenever I hunt Feral Hogs, or whenever I need to make a long shot on a nervous target. The scope for the crossbow is highly recommended as it can allow shots up to 60m without shot placement guess work.

The Ghillie suit + army boonie with sunglasses fits a snipers look, or that of a predator. Whichever way you look at this set, you can either be scoping targets at long range with the 9.3x62, or quietly taking out targets with the archer set. The Predator class set is my favorite loadout, and is definitely one I recommend for anyone that appreciates the Predator style of hunting.

8. The professional amateur (Logger's Point universal) by Grimmvarg

Description: I think this loadout should be free for all new players. I have lots of friends I want to play with, but they are pretty frustrated about the amount of money they have to spend to "start" the game. So I thought which loadout could be good for starters at Logger's Point, and here are my thoughts:

You are allowed to hunt Mule Deer and Rabbits but you can't hunt Rabbits with a .243, so why not give them the 12 GA Pump Shotgun with some 12 GA Birdshot Shells. I often host a server called Jagdschule (hunting school) but lots of new players quit after they see that it's not allowed to shoot Rabbits with the .243, this is a little bit disappointing in my opinion. The deer caller (bleat or grunt) in combination with the urine spray could help new players. The 8x42mm Binoculars are standard but with the 3-9x40mm Rifle Scope, they have a better chance to spot animals on "farther" distances. One thing new players often don't know about is their own smell and how to reduce it, a scent eliminator in combination with a wind indicator could help them to understand this beautiful game better because they don't spook every second animal they might see. The sneaky 3D summer forest bundle is perfect for beginners because it fits the environment on Logger's Point, but they also have to think tactical because it won't work on wide open fields, but the bundle would increase their chance to hunt down an animal and decrease their frustration which could end up in a ragequit and a chat message like "Damn this stupid game, I don't see a animal for hours." Of course you would need the extra Backpack space and the small pouches to carry all dat stuff.

9. Master of Rabbits by Mata_Tuto

Description: (Kit to hunt many rabbits in Logger's Point. The bow is a back up for when out of ammunition. And then you ask: Why the 44? - Protection against the pigs. It is very easy move from hunting to being hunted.

10. Logger's Point load out by takamaramusa_za

11. Logger’s Point load out by leo1954au

12. Logger´s Point universal by duvis

Image Image

13. Logger’s Point (All In One Pack) by CRoWsNeST

14. Logger's Point load out by Akiic

Description: This is my main set up for most reserves. It offers me the ability to hunt almost any type of animal as I carry birdshot, slugs, and combine this with the powerful 7mm bullpup and the .357, I am prepared for almost any type of animal that I come up against. Makes for a powerful load out for sure :)
Niels2012

Re: Logger's Point Load Outs

Post by Niels2012 »

I really agree with loadout nr. 8, as a beginners loadout, being still a beginner myself (only bought the pathfinder starter pack that in my opinion doesn't really succeed as a starter pack) it would be really helpfull for beginners to have a full sneaky 3D suit, not necessarily the summer forest one, but it is something, might be a good idea to only give them the wind indicators and no pouches but the backpack is a good start, and not too many callers, my recommendations for the callers are the deer "bleat" caller and the pheasant caller, so you have something to start with
davisray

Post by davisray »

how do u make a loadout and if someone buys it do u get the EM they paid?
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

davisray wrote:how do u make a loadout and if someone buys it do u get the EM they paid?
Hello and welcome to the forum.

this was a community competition where you were able to vote the best loadout for a reserve. players could send their loadouts to EW to participate in the vote.
and no, the winners do not get em$ for every sold bundle ;)

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

davisray wrote:how do u make a loadout and if someone buys it do u get the EM they paid?
We got some em$ as winners of the competitions, but no, there's definitely no kind of commission on sales, as there shouldn't be...after all, it's not my product to sell.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”